Sign in to follow this  
adaniel

VoxATC and AIG AIM+ some more.

On 2/27/2022 at 8:00 AM, adaniel said:

Can anyone explain it?

A guess I can offer ........ there is incorrect / lacking coded parking in the afcad (& which VoxATC needs to appropriately spawn your AI Inventory)

VoxATC's spawn is different to the sim's in that it needs adequate parking for all your AI.

for now, cheers

john martin

I have  tried to find out why I have problems with very redused AI traffic in VoxATC, and my conclusion is that the new file format in AIGAIM is causing the problems, not  wrong Afcads.  I believe my AI traffic in Vox ATC is redused to only a few airlines, because the bgl files in AIGAIM  is changed to AIGFP files. Without using VoxATC I have normal  AI traffic.  I have also found the little program ,AIG Traffic Tools, which can compile  flightplans to .bgl, but I dont understand where to put the new bgl files so that Vox ATC can read it and create AI traffic. I have tried to place the files in  Prepar3d….Scenery\world\ scenery folder, and in AIGAIM \ Traffic Files\ scenery, but I dont see any increased traffic.  When i Use Vox ATC I close AIG Traffic Controller. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Tor Arild

On 3/22/2022 at 8:45 AM, adaniel said:

I believe my AI traffic in Vox ATC is redused to only a few airlines

Tor

Isn't where both the bgl's & simobject aircraft.cgf's for those used / seen by VoxATC the clue.

Hard to suggest otherwise as I have no experience with AIGAIM & the like (& there are several ways / spots you can add those ..... in the sim as you mentioned or by addon.xml's outside the sim).

for now, cheers

john martin

On 3/21/2022 at 9:45 PM, adaniel said:

I have  tried to find out why I have problems with very redused AI traffic in VoxATC, and my conclusion is that the new file format in AIGAIM is causing the problems, not  wrong Afcads.  I believe my AI traffic in Vox ATC is redused to only a few airlines, because the bgl files in AIGAIM  is changed to AIGFP files. Without using VoxATC I have normal  AI traffic.  I have also found the little program ,AIG Traffic Tools, which can compile  flightplans to .bgl, but I dont understand where to put the new bgl files so that Vox ATC can read it and create AI traffic. I have tried to place the files in  Prepar3d….Scenery\world\ scenery folder, and in AIGAIM \ Traffic Files\ scenery, but I dont see any increased traffic.  When i Use Vox ATC I close AIG Traffic Controller. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Tor Arild

I've messaged Kai at AIG about this before and he said their file structure is open to devs to use AFAIK.  I don't think Vox reads AIG flight plans at the moment, is it something that could be relatively easily added? @tegoid

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

As best I understand (given I don't use AIGAIM etc but AIFP ...... to compile those many more & recent flightplans from avsim sources), AIGFP's alongside AIGTC gives a much better spawn & control to the sim's spawn & hence would be of interest to ATC addons that use the sim's spawn, reactively.

VoxATC (alone amongst all other ATC addons) though has its own AI "engine" that proactively spawns & controls the "same" AI ...... & in my opinion, is far better than the above mix.

To read / use AIGFP files, the only data of interest therein to VoxATC would be the same depart/destination/aircraft data as included in a bgl ..... & for now would not profit from using the "jetway routing" data included in an AIGFP file (my guess).

& besides, AIGAIM has an (the original) option to compile bgl's in lieu (except for rotary AI).

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin