Sign in to follow this  
BobKinSTL

Sky Force 3D

Do I remember correctly that if I have both Rex Environmental Force and Sky Force 3D that I only need to run Sky Force 3D before launching the sim? (P3D v4.5)  I tried to find where I read that and couldn't find it, now I'm questioning myself.  Thanks.

Bob Koehler

Not at all !

These are completly different beast...

Take care that Environnement Force is not working in V5, if and when you upgrade...

Gérard

I actually had this backwards, I recall reading that if both Rex products are installed, and also running Active Sky, then you only need to run Env Force, not Sky Force 3D in the background.  Maybe I'm completely wrong on that.

If you run Active Sky, in that case Skyforce will only provide the texture.

Running Sf3d in the background will also update the models according to the weather but you better ensure that the weather engine is disabled.

For a complete discussion, see here

Gérard

Sorry, but I am still confused.  Great tutorial but I'm still uncertain what to do with Environment Force. I don't know if that was even available in 2018.  So should I follow the rules for ENVTEX and apply those to Env Force?  Thanks.

May I repeat that Environnement Force is a completly different type of product from Sf3d and Active sky, so you have to launch it independently ... and enjoy the result while you stay in P3D v4. 🙂

Gérard

did they ever fix that rex skyforce issue in v5 when it crashes your sim after 6 hours ?

14ppkc-6.png

Thank you Gerard.  Sorry to mix topics here but one final question....do you recommend upgrading from v4.5 to v5?  Any improvements?  My system...i7 9700K 8 core, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2666MHz, RTX 2070 Super, 480GB NVMe M.2 SSD

Many thanks.  Bob

My personnal experience is very positive. A large improvement of the performance (DX12).

My configuration is similar to your's except the graphic card which is "only" a GTX1080.

But you probably know that some have stutter issue. In your case, I would wait for the anounced fix which should be available very soon.

But you will loose Environnement Force ;)...

Gérard

Is there an issue with SF3D running with P3Dv5.3? I'm getting crazy looking weather injected into the sim that is nothing close to actual or real current conditions.  Am I missing something?

No matter what the current conditions are, I get the same weather injection that is surface fog and two cloud layers and I can' t climb above the cloud layers no matter how high I am.  

Edited by ibomiles

On 1/14/2022 at 12:31 AM, BobKinSTL said:

Do I remember correctly that if I have both Rex Environmental Force and Sky Force 3D that I only need to run Sky Force 3D before launching the sim? (P3D v4.5)  I tried to find where I read that and couldn't find it, now I'm questioning myself.  Thanks.

Bob Koehler

If you use EA in P3Dv5 and volumeric clouds you dont need SkyForce.

For v4 you can use it still, as you wrote.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2