Sign in to follow this  
NightOfDreams

7:12 PM EST

I submitted a zendesk ticket for this very issue not long ago, marked as "solved" immediately with no feedback or notification from MS/Asobo.  That kind of customer service is not really acceptable, in my opinion.  The issue itself, also in my opinion, is not really acceptable for a product that touts live weather being one of its core features, ESPECIALLY one that they refuse to open up for third party development.  REX does just fine, but it's the principle of the matter that irks the word not allowed out of me.

• Like 1

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

45 minutes ago, cmorg said:

I submitted a zendesk ticket for this very issue not long ago, marked as "solved" immediately with no feedback or notification from MS/Asobo.  That kind of customer service is not really acceptable, in my opinion.  The issue itself, also in my opinion, is not really acceptable for a product that touts live weather being one of its core features, ESPECIALLY one that they refuse to open up for third party development.  REX does just fine, but it's the principle of the matter that irks the word not allowed out of me.

They are probably saying it's solved, because on their end it may very well be solved.

You have to wait for the update for the fixes, they rarely do hot-fixes because they have a testing regime and releases all the improvements and fixes in one.

As for opening it up to third party, who is to say this is an Asobo decision. They don't own the weather data/service, that's a third party called Meteoblue. We have no idea what contract they have in place. "Refusing" to open it up is not the same as being unable to open it up without risk of breach of contract. If the contract broke down between Asobo and Meteoblue then we'd have nothing at all.

I shall see how I get on with this issue this evening. As I'll be starting up the sim some hours before this time and closing it some hours after. Apparently it shouldn't affect me, but we'll see.

Edited by Rudiii

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

2 hours ago, NightOfDreams said:

That's not the point of this thread....... this thread is stating that the weather is literally clear sky and 29.92 for 72 minutes per day. I don't care if the weather is exact, I just want weather continuously.

Ah, OK, I stand corrected. 

Never seen the bug you describe. I hope you find a fix. 

17 minutes ago, gb09f said:

Ah, OK, I stand corrected. 

Never seen the bug you describe. I hope you find a fix. 

Do you ever fly with live weather between 2300 and 0012 UTC? My understanding is the live weather outage for this time period affects everyone, so if it doesnt affect you that gives me a glimmer of hope that theres something I can do to fix it. 

During my evenings I have free time from 6 to 8 pm which is the only time I really play MSFS usually, so having this interrupted daily for no apparent reason is really infuriating. Sure I can try Rex or predefined weather, but I like to plan flights realistically thru Foreflight and also enjoy weather changing as I fly, not remaining static. Live weather is good enough for me if it would work 24/7 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rudiii said:

They are probably saying it's solved, because on their end it may very well be solved.

You have to wait for the update for the fixes, they rarely do hot-fixes because they have a testing regime and releases all the improvements and fixes in one.

Sooooo...speculation with nothing to support.

11 hours ago, Rudiii said:

As for opening it up to third party, who is to say this is an Asobo decision. They don't own the weather data/service, that's a third party called Meteoblue. We have no idea what contract they have in place. "Refusing" to open it up is not the same as being unable to open it up without risk of breach of contract. If the contract broke down between Asobo and Meteoblue then we'd have nothing at all.

It was an Asobo/MS decision to enter into that contract.  Entering into a contract which does not allow others to have the same level of access to the weather SDK/API without risking breach of contract is effectively refusing to open it up. 

Either way, it's a feature of the game.  It should work whenever I want to use it, that's not an unreasonable expectation.

But thanks for your input.   

This.  Is.  Still.  A.  Problem.  

Why do we need such a lengthy amount of time for weather updates now, when we haven't prior SU7?  Why must it be in the middle of the evening in North American timezones?  Surely they could vary the times such that it's not ALWAYS impacting one group of people who use the game at a certain time.

Edited by cmorg

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

On 1/14/2022 at 12:52 AM, NightOfDreams said:

Is anyone else sick and tired of waiting until 7:12 PM EST to fly so live weather actually works??? Is live weather going to never work for 72 minutes every day from now to eternity??? Over the course of a century, that's 2,629,800 unplayable minutes.  Every day the game is unplayable for exactly 5% of the day.... but I paid 100% retail price, I didn't pay 95%. Where's my 5% rebate since I can only use the product 95% of the time??

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Shhh, stop complaining or they will turn the servers off completely for two weeks!

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 9:00 PM, jbdbow1970 said:

No PC game is perfect and this 60$ game works no different the the 120$ premium one you are still on the same busy servers

The only difference between the standard and premium editions of MSFS is more planes in the latter. So of course they will work the same.

I want to fly now but in 15 minutes the daily live weather black out begins so I guess I have to wait 87 minutes.

Gentlemen it has been a privilege flying with you. *Unnecessary black out commences*

They should just throw in some volcanic ash cumulus puffs all around from about 1,500 AGL no one would know the difference if it was working or not!

• Upvote 1