Sign in to follow this  
dogmanbird

Nvidia 511.23

49 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

For this driver, the notes say they have fixed upper screen corruption sometimes happening in certain apps - I wonder if that fixes the problem some are seeing in MSFS with the clouds at the top of the screen?

I was experiencing that but have not seen a reoccurrence since installing these drivers. These are definitely worth keeping for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 6297J said:

I was experiencing that but have not seen a reoccurrence since installing these drivers. These are definitely worth keeping for me. 

That's great!  Give it a few days though.  Apparently the screen corruption can come and go at random.  Some people on the MSFS forum have said it can be fine for a few days, then it shows up again.  I hope it fixes it for you though! 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Installed this last night and so far so good. 

I understand from VRSimguy's recent post that the DLDSR feature doesn't work in MSFS VR even with the 30xxseries cards and haven't had chance yet to play with the other three new sliders but, as noted by @MarcG above, I'm getting around 2fps more with the same nVidia settings as the previous driver running identical MSFS flights, which is always welcome.  

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

This driver was a large improvement for me for some reason.  I’m getting less studdering, more FPS. I don’t think it’s in my head. 

3080ti Win10 1440p 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

After a long time I decided to update drivers.

I get terrible stutters with this one. Of course, I forgot which one I had installed before.

Good times.

Anybody else with the 2080Ti having same experience? Which driver do you use? I need a replacement now. 

1 minute ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

After a long time I decided to update drivers.

I get terrible stutters with this one. Of course, I forgot which one I had installed before.

Good times.

Anybody else with the 2080Ti having same experience? Which driver do you use? I need a replacement now. 

511.23 have been great here.  If you have a C:/Nvidia directory you should have a folder for the last driver installed as well to see what the prior driver was.  

I usually take a quick peak at system information within the driver to get the version before upgrading just in case I decide to roll back.  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

3 minutes ago, psolk said:

511.23 have been great here.  If you have a C:/Nvidia directory you should have a folder for the last driver installed as well to see what the prior driver was.  

I usually take a quick peak at system information within the driver to get the version before upgrading just in case I decide to roll back.  

No, I don't have this folder.

You have 2080Ti?

4 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

No, I don't have this folder.

You have 2080Ti?

3080ti

I think I used 497 drivers on my 2080ti before I upgraded. 

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I have implemented some new settings with the latest driver after watching this video :

Cheers

John

The new one works great for me.  Very stable, high FPS(35-40 in urban areas) on a 43" 4k TCL at 60hz.  Running mostly High with a few Ultra settings.

Asus Z590 P, Intel i7 10700k, 64gb RAM(3200), nVidia RTX 4070 FE,  Windows 10 (21H1), 2tb M.2 nvme ssd,

Samsung QN43QN90BA 43" 4K@120hz, Bose Companion 5 speakers, Velocity One Flight Yoke/Quad.

• Like 1

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Using the 511.23 in the 3080Ti without issues now - I do keep all drivers, and the 472.12 is the previous one I have in my list, too. I've not heard of a game-ready 497.

Edited by Paul J

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I don't understand where you get the driver numbers 497.29 and 511.23.

I just did a driver update through Dell on 1/25/22 and my driver number is 471.41.

Roy