Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Pilot Reacts To Trevor Jacob Crash Video

This guy seems to be pretty broadly hinting at shenanigans, but not being a real pilot, I have no idea if he has a point or is just a conspiracy theorist....

Any real pilots familiar with this have some input?

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Trent has provided an excellent review of the actions of this 'stunt'. One thing he missed though was the obvious reason why he sought out the airplane. How else would he recover the other cameras?

The disconnected fuel valve I missed noticing on my first time watching. That is highly suspect!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Oh look;  he thoughtfully took an itsy-bitsy fire extinguisher with him when he exited the 'plane in case of a brush fire!

grafik.thumb.png.6cf490ece4751da0c054511e0ee33f24.png

• Upvote 1

I totally agree with Trent. Pilot made no effort at all to locate a place to land. There were several places that looked decent. Just a hokey stunt IMHO.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Multiple pilots on YouTube have said that it looks staged. My guess is Trevor's flying days may be over for a while as the FAA is investigating along with the NTSB.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

Staged or not, EVERY other real pilot would  had tried to land that plane, he had enough altitude to do so.

The only reason you want to jump out of a plane with a parachute (as a pilot) is a missing wing or elevator

In my (ultralight) pilot training my instructor spent half of the time teaching me how to deal with a non working engine, and because of that I had
my life saved - engine failure on take off, did the best landing of my life, no damage to the plane-

Man, that jump is all staged.  Frack man, I would taken the airplane if someone wanted to destroy a perfectly good Cub.  Poop man!!!!

It is all about the darn social media youtube hits to generate revenue.

Dumb people ruining it for all the safe pilots out there.....

FAA needs to send the pilot to well pound me in the A** prison here.....100% staged...what about life on the ground? what if there was a house there....I am sure this was on a MOA area (from rewatching it probably not, this can start forest fires etc)  but seriously not funny.  This plane can be glided down and the Cameras were all positioned perfectly....come on man...this is a stunt.

And he Turned off all the comments on this Video - You know when that happens - something is up

In an real emergency you will not pull out your Selfie stick and record the airplane.  This was planned from the get go.  He pulls out his selfie stick at 2:30min mark

Also - he made no attempt to TURN the plane back.  You can see the ailerons didn't change direction.  Common sense will tell the pilot to glide down or turn back to airport.  He thinks like this my engines are out, I am out too...heck with this plane...my insurance will cover me and the monies received from my youtube hits..see ya.  

Check it with the time stamp - I Crashed My Plane - YouTube from 2min mark

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I'm sure he will have some unpleasant conversations with the FAA coming up...I had also wondered if he could be subject to other legal/criminal investigations?  I mean if it were found that he purposely caused his engine to stop, thereby resulting in his plane crashing to the ground which could have killed someone, started a fire etc...I would think that is getting into the realm of criminal negligence (Canadian term, I think that crime has another name in the US)?  

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 hours ago, regis9 said:

I'm sure he will have some unpleasant conversations with the FAA coming up...I had also wondered if he could be subject to other legal/criminal investigations?  I mean if it were found that he purposely caused his engine to stop, thereby resulting in his plane crashing to the ground which could have killed someone, started a fire etc...I would think that is getting into the realm of criminal negligence (Canadian term, I think that crime has another name in the US)?  

How about insurance fraud? If the evidence shows that he deliberately allowed the plane to crash, his insurance company is very likely to take action.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well.....

You guys all appear to be pretty certain.

Assuming you are all right, it seems things are probably not going to go well, for this person....

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I have to agree with everyone else. As part of my flight training, my instructor would constantly ask me, "Where would we land if the engine failed?", "Where's the next suitable landing location", or something similar... To just give up and ditch... I didn't know that was ever an option.

• Like 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

The guy is a certified idiot and should never hold any ratings again. 

A ridiculous stunt for self promotion. 

I would loved to have had that plane as would innumerable other pilots. What a waste. 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I  actually  believe  what  this  guy  had posted 🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

"He is going to have to hike back to the plane so that he can fly it out of there"

Is this guy a comedian?? :huh:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png