Sign in to follow this  
Alixe

AAO window remains in the taskbar.

Bonsoir,

I have been in triple screens and Nvidia surround mode under W10 64 pro for a few days.

After various searches on the web, I tried all the options offered but without any success, the AAO window does not want to open on the desktop.

This problem is caused by W10 and nvidia surround, but it is a calamity when this problem occurs.

I uninstalled AAO then I reinstalled it once the surround launched in my cockpit where I have my 4 screens 3 in surround and a 14' below.

This was effective because AAo opened correctly again. I fired up FS20 and was able to get a flight. then I closed FS20 and AAO  Then turn off my 4 screens to return to desktop screen (outside my cockpit).

3 hours later I decide to make another flight, I close my office screen, I go to my cockpit and there I turn on all my screens, they are in surround mode.

I launch AAO and there 'calamity' the window does not want to open on the desktop despite various attempts to click right mouse etc... to make it appear without success.

I close AAo then I launch Fs20 find myself in the parking lot I turn on battery and avionics. And there I launch again AAo I see my saitek radio turned on, but AAO still does not want to open the window on the desktop.

And now even on my desktop screen off my cockpit, AAO also doesn't want to open its desktop window.

I'm demoralized that I can't solve this problem.

I have tried the following fixes with no success!

https://www.paperblog.fr/8288344/comment-faire-reapparaitre-la-fenetre-d-un-logiciel-windows-qui-a-disparu/

https://www.pcastuces.com/pratique/astuces/5045.htm

Edited by Alixe

CM-Gygabyte Z370-CPu Intel I5 8600 K 4.6 GHz-RAM 32Go-W10 1903 - GPU :RTX 2070 super (équivalent à RTX 2080 en moins cher...)8Go -tTriple screen 24' incurve -165 htz- Pédalier Saitek -Hotas warthog- FMC-Effis-MCP OpenCokpit et divers boitiers boutons.

On 1/14/2022 at 10:58 PM, Alixe said:

I'm demoralized that I can't solve this problem.

Sorry, I've never heard of this. I am using NVidia Surround as well, without any problems.

Most likely the AAO window is opened, but off-screen, because it remembers the last position where it was opened the last time, and those coordinates are not valid on your current desktop.

When you open AAO in normal, not-surround mode, make sure that it is on your primary monitor before you close it. Then it should appear in surround mode too. If you move it to the "left" of your main screen, then the coordinates become negative - and thus invalid in surround mode.

To reset the position of the AAO Window from the outside, delete all folders that look like this:

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\LWR\LorbyAxisAndOhs_*.ex_Url_jpftxxze2ktqsh00lhdhwoy30cgbssa2

There will be more than one folder, where the italic part is different = another bunch of cryptic characters. Remove all those folders

BE CAREFUL! There is another folder in AppData\Local called "LORBY_SI" (in capital letters). DO NOT TOUCH THAT ONE - IT CONTAINS ALL YOUR AIRCRAFT PROFILES.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

Finally I was lucky, having finally found a link where the different procedures to solve this problem were more precisely explained and I managed to bring up the AAO window.

I redid the manipulation 10 times and each time that AAO did not open I managed to make the window appear again.

I post this new link, to allow other users encountering this W10 problem in 4 screen mode including 3 in surround to solve this very annoying problem.

https://www.futura-sciences.com/tech/questions-reponses/pc-deplacer-fenetre-situee-hors-ecran-12946/

CM-Gygabyte Z370-CPu Intel I5 8600 K 4.6 GHz-RAM 32Go-W10 1903 - GPU :RTX 2070 super (équivalent à RTX 2080 en moins cher...)8Go -tTriple screen 24' incurve -165 htz- Pédalier Saitek -Hotas warthog- FMC-Effis-MCP OpenCokpit et divers boitiers boutons.

37 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Erreur

Edited by Alixe

It looks like i didn't see your answer before i posted the new link.
Anyway in your answer there is a super important info in order to find the folder that saves the position of the window.
thank you so much so i have another option, to solve this problem. Brilliant of you.

Hi Oliver,

I had this problem,too, as I was using AAO on my second screen which was connected to my OLD graphic card via DVI. My new one doesn't have DVI anymore and so I can't use the second monitor anymore and my AAO windows opened outside the screen. 

Much talking around, I could not find the folder(s) you mentioned above but found this path that included the user settings for MSFS and P3D.

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\LWR

(just to let you know 🙂 )

Cheers,

Marc

Edited by Ephedrin

26 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\LWR

Hello Marc,

you are right, the path has changed. Many thanks!

I've updated my original post.

LORBY-SI

I had this issue too. I had to reconnect my old screen, then move the application back to where i needed it to go. This seems to be a slight bad programming, as no other application behaves like this in Windows. Sorry, I'm sure everything else is great about it. But this seems rather basic. Can you push a compatible update for Windows10/11 that tackles this issue, please? I honestly thought there was something wrong with my video driver all day (as this had been recently upated)!

44 minutes ago, deesto said:

Can you push a compatible update for Windows10/11 that tackles this issue, please?

How would that work? The user pulls the app window to a certain position and then the screen parameters change so it is actually off screen and he can't get to it anymore. I can't see how this is in any way a matter of compatibility - or something that the app could help with?

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, deesto said:

This seems to be a slight bad programming, as no other application behaves like this in Windows.

Thank you for that. Even after 40 years on the job you can't get everything right every time.

The reasoning here is the following: people who build cockpits, like my parent company in Canada, are usually really upset if windows change their location just like that. Implementing something in AAO that resets the window positions automatically when they are off screen (like your "no other app" would probably do) would upset all those people who just forgot to turn on a monitor at that point. 

But I will see if I can make the position reset a little easier. Just not sure how.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

53 minutes ago, deesto said:

I had to reconnect my old screen, then move the application back to where i needed it to go

No. You just had to delete the AppData\Local\LWR folder where Windows stores the app windows positions.

LORBY-SI

On 1/15/2022 at 1:16 AM, Alixe said:

Finally I was lucky, having finally found a link where the different procedures to solve this problem were more precisely explained and I managed to bring up the AAO window.

I redid the manipulation 10 times and each time that AAO did not open I managed to make the window appear again.

I post this new link, to allow other users encountering this W10 problem in 4 screen mode including 3 in surround to solve this very annoying problem.

https://www.futura-sciences.com/tech/questions-reponses/pc-deplacer-fenetre-situee-hors-ecran-12946/

Hey Alixe , just bought the AAO for the CRJ ALT issue,

and after installing templates and doing the thing, it happened the same to me too , in the task bar aao icon it appeared only a blank square without popping up the window,

your link saved me!

THANKS