Sign in to follow this  
rmeier

LTU Munich to Palma de Mallorca

LTU-Sud (Lufttransport Süd) was a low cost subsidiary of LTU (originally started as LTS in 1983 with a small fleet of B757 aircraft).

The airline was based out of Munich and operated independent of the parent company LTU (with lower cost flight crews and differentiated labour agreements).

Following the new ETOPS-180 ruling, LTU-Sud was quick to adopt the B767 into their fleet. At their peak, LTU-Sud operated thirteen B757-200's and six B767-300ER's taking advantage of the cockpit commonality for their flight crews.

This particular airframe (D-AMUP) joined the LTU-Sud fleet new from Boeing on March 30, 1992.

She flew with LTU-Sud for the next 5 years until LTU-Sud was eventually absorbed into the parent company and then flew another 5 years under the LTU banner (and an alternate livery).

In March 2002, the aircraft was then leased to Hawaiian Airlines (as N583HA).

She was subsequently retired by Hawaiian in January 2018.

Sadly, this airframe did not make a second (third???) life as a Freighter conversion...she was later scrapped following storage at Goodyear Airport in Arizona.

Attached is a pictorial test flight of D-AMUP making a winter leisure trip from snowy Munich to the sunshine of Palma de Mallorca.

Hope you enjoy the photos!

pwRI5wF.jpg

TMfoSbw.jpg

9Jezd7B.jpg

P89sLrS.jpg

D9WJfnV.jpg

lyI6E5k.jpg

TtfY8wo.jpg

r0GcL8q.jpg

p2CQhdA.jpg

VoNe0yB.jpg

• Like 6

Great shots and paint!
LoL....when I saw LTU in the title I was NOT expecting this paint. 🙂  I didn't even recall seeing this paint before...if so while researching LTU, only in passing.   

Hope you get to the other LTU paint in the future. 🙂 

@psbrandenburg would approve, right Scott?  If my brain serves me right....didn't you paint the LDS 767 in LTU decades ago with a little help from me?  😉 

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Great shots and paint!
LoL....when I saw LTU in the title I was NOT expecting this paint. 🙂  I didn't even recall seeing this paint before...if so while researching LTU, only in passing.   

@psbrandenburg would approve, right Scott?  If my brain serves me right....didn't you paint the LDS 767 in LTU decades ago with a little help from me?  😉 

This paint scheme was recently requested over at the CS forum. I had toyed with the idea of this one about 1-1/2 months ago after seeing it while searching "colourful paints" at Airliners.net. This livery has kind of grown on me...and yes, I did spend much more time on this paint than I had planned...happy with how she turned out.

This was #14...may be putting my brush down for a while...

Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rmeier said:

This livery has kind of grown on me

Hehe.....this is a real condition regarding a lot of liveries....you gain an appreciation of it as you research and paint it...whereas if you're just browsing on the web for livery pics, you'd blow right by this one. 😉

9 minutes ago, rmeier said:

This was #14...may be putting my brush down for a while...

Sound advice...I need to do that every once in a while too.  I'm in the mid-twenties now for the iFly 737. 😬  And...starting to dabble with 3d painting in Blender.  I'm currently in therapy.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

37 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I'm in the mid-twenties now for the iFly 737.

Multiplied by the sheer number of years (decades!) you've been doing this...I certainly admire your patience and dedication!!! 🙂

There's still a few I'd like to do...just not committing to anything new right now...

• Like 1

@SteveDra,

Not exactly.  I painted the LDS 767-300 in the LTU scheme about 300 years ago, with a LOT of help from you.  Fond memories.  🙂

I had the pleasure of working with LTU back in February of 2004, auditing them for IATP (International Airlines' Technical Pool) at both their Düsseldorf and Munich bases.  A great group of folks, very laid-back and relaxed - but still very German.  They were known as "Germany's other Airline", and judging by their famous travel poster, you can see why. 😉  

5 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Great shots and paint!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, johnbow72 said:

Sad ending for such a beautiful plane .

Thank you John! I agree...I've had a long admiration for the B767.

I've been tempted to do a few British Airways repaints...so many great liveries over the years (unfortunately, they were all RR equipped). Reading further on the BA fleet, it appears that the entire BA B767 fleet was scrapped! Sad beyond words.

• Upvote 1