Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

Some advice for Addon LSGG Geneva P3DV5 appreciated

Hi to All from EDDF!

Currently I am seeking for a addon airport at geneva working without tweaking in P3DV5.3.

I´ve found:

• FSDreamteam 2013
  • RFSceneryBuilding 2015
  • Aerosoft 2019

The latter one seems the most actual one. But as I like to avoid to buy any addons from this supplier, I asked myself is this it? Maybe I didn´t find something other/recent once then these, or I missed another one which has good quality and works with v5.

I´m sure I will find someone here who has good advice 😉 

If these are the once available, how is the Aerosoft working? Especially the Dynamic Lights at night, which are sometimes a real issue with them (Hammering my system more compared to other, much bigger, addon Airports with even more DynLight).

Pleace chime in! I would love to read some feedback...... 😉

Marcus 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Hi Marcus

I bought the Aersoft product, but before they turned away from P3D. I also have FSDT Geneva but they never updated it, not even the smallest fixes like new Runway numbers or AFCAD problems. One day, I just had enough of it, looked at the RFS version, but this is not compatible. As far as I know, you can´t make it run in P3D5. So there´s only one option left or you go for freeware.

Dan

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

I bought the FSDT version during one of their sales. But if I remember correctly the performance was pretty bad, also it is very outdated.

Last year I bought the Aerosoft version and I'm happy with that one.
On my system, the performance is good (day and night). The only things I changed where the AFCAD and I also switched all jetways to GSX jetways (GSX has special jetways for Geneva).

Dominik

8 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

Hi Marcus

I bought the Aersoft product, but before they turned away from P3D. I also have FSDT Geneva but they never updated it, not even the smallest fixes like new Runway numbers or AFCAD problems. One day, I just had enough of it, looked at the RFS version, but this is not compatible. As far as I know, you can´t make it run in P3D5. So there´s only one option left or you go for freeware.

Dan

Hi Dan!

Thanks for your quick and clear reply. That makes it a bit easier for me to decide 😉 

As I like the location of the airport, the wunderful approach via lake Geneva, I most likely will buy it. But I am really a bit in a "competition" with myself about the dev dropping us that harsh.

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, Swiss2259 said:

I also switched all jetways to GSX jetways (GSX has special jetways for Geneva).

What do I have to do for this to make it work?

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, mpo910 said:

What do I have to do for this to make it work?

I removed the Aerosoft SODE jetways (removed the xml file in the 12bPilot\SODE\xml folder). Then I used the GSX Customization panel inside P3D and placed the Jetways myself. This takes some time, but Geneva doesn't have that many jetways...

Dominik

2 hours ago, mpo910 said:

1. FSDreamteam 2013
2. RFSceneryBuilding 2015
3. Aerosoft 2019

1. I have it, but don't use it any more. It was nice years ago, but got old and it shows.
2. I don't have it. RFSB quality is way too low for me to invest money, but tastes differ.
3. I have and use this one. It is far from being Flightbeam-like but, unless you want to be based at LSGG, will serve the purpose just fine.
There was an ILS problem in the original release, but as I haven't flown from/to Geneva for a long time, I don't remember if it was officially patched. There was a user's afcad to replace though.

So, all in all, there is no really decent LSGG made or in the making, but out of these three, I would definitely choose number 3.

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Here ya go Marcus:

Works for P3D V5.x.

FSDT LSGG works with P3D V5 but you need to have GSX L2 installed.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: No PBR, no sloped runways, and you'll need to add Dynamic Lights your self as I'm pretty sure it doesn't come with.

Morning Rob (or evening ;-))

Thanks for your reply! Sounds doable.

Regards

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 minutes ago, Rafal said:

1. I have it, but don't use it any more. It was nice years ago, but got old and it shows.
2. I don't have it. RFSB quality is way too low for me to invest money, but tastes differ.
3. I have and use this one. It is far from being Flightbeam-like but, unless you want to be based at LSGG, will serve the purpose just fine.
There was an ILS problem in the original release, but as I haven't flown from/to Geneva for a long time, I don't remember if it was officially patched. There was a user's afcad to replace though.

So, all in all, there is no really decent LSGG made or in the making, but out of these three, I would definitely choose number 3.

Hi Rafal!

much appreciated your feedback. It seems the suggestions go all in one direction.... 😉 

Thanks for the "heads up" regarding the ILS issue. I will find a solution for this for sure, if the orginal hasn´t gotten any update.

Thanks.

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

The FSDT one is working fine in v5, though IIRC it has no dynamic lighting, which however you can get for free via inibuilds website. Don't know about the other devs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

The FSDT one is working fine in v5, though IIRC it has no dynamic lighting, which however you can get for free via inibuilds website. Don't know about the other devs.

Thanks for this Feedback! I know indeed about the inibuilds lights. Works good and they perform very good to (compared to ORBX dynlights wich also drains down my system.......)

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

11 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Hi to All from EDDF!

Currently I am seeking for a addon airport at geneva working without tweaking in P3DV5.3.

I´ve found:

• FSDreamteam 2013
  • RFSceneryBuilding 2015
  • Aerosoft 2019

The latter one seems the most actual one. But as I like to avoid to buy any addons from this supplier, I asked myself is this it? Maybe I didn´t find something other/recent once then these, or I missed another one which has good quality and works with v5.

I´m sure I will find someone here who has good advice 😉 

If these are the once available, how is the Aerosoft working? Especially the Dynamic Lights at night, which are sometimes a real issue with them (Hammering my system more compared to other, much bigger, addon Airports with even more DynLight).

Pleace chime in! I would love to read some feedback...... 😉

Marcus 

if you buy the aerosoft one you will have to manually edit the afcad.  3 years on still not fixed (I believe)  

id also sugguest using the inibuilds dyanmic lighting for it and if you run it in 4K ,  compress the textures using the skyrim tool.  some are nearly 30 meg and youll have a slideshow at night if you use the fsl, ngxu etc etc.

finally, dont except any help in the forumn, they will just remove your post, and Ray on here will tell you to suck it up as aerosoft are just the developers not the authors if you ever complain about them, so your shafted either way if you buy it.

In short,  save your money.  dont buy it

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

8 hours ago, Rafal said:

1.  is very old and unoptimised for v5

2. you will have to faff around with aload of patches

3.is just as bad as 1 and 2 

like rafal said.  stuck between a rock and a hard place, but if you have to choose get number 3.  it pains me to say it,  my advice get Lyon or Toulouse instead

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

31 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

id also sugguest using the inibuilds dyanmic lighting for it and if you run it in 4K ,  compress the textures using the skyrim tool.  some are nearly 30 meg and youll have a slideshow at night if you use the fsl, ngxu etc etc.

Only the night related textures or the whole airfield?

40 minutes ago, Ikarus280 said:

Only the night related textures or the whole airfield?

I compress the whole texture folder

14ppkc-6.png