Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

Go back to UTLive v1?

Hi,

I hate those UTLive Daleus liveries appearing everywhere in v2, any easy way to get rid of them?

If not should I just go back to v1? What is the real advantage of v2 beta over v1? Will I be losing anything? I think the models look much better in v2... is there a way to just drag and drop the v2 ones into v1? Would that be the best interim solution?

AIG I do not consider since I don't have the patience to start installing separate packages etc...

Thanks!

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Shom you really should try AIG, i was just like you messing about with UTLive and other AI payware , then  I tried AIG ( thanks to Ray), never go back its fantastic. yes its a bit boring installing all the airlines but just do it bit by bit. " the flight simmer" on youtube as a good tutorial , give it a go you wont regret it 

• Like 2

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

28 minutes ago, Shomron said:

I hate those UTLive Daleus liveries appearing everywhere in v2, any easy way to get rid of them?

There is a simple tool called Ai2Utl that configures UTL to work with FLAI models. If you get the PBR version of FLAI it looks great IMO.

• Like 1

Aig all the way. If you take your time setting aig manager up correctly, you can use the one click installer and it will do the plans for you.

You will get the options on setup to use the free or payware ai aircraft. Personally for me it a no brainer. I had ut 1 and 2 they lasted about a week on my system before i changed to aig

• Like 3

Pete Little

Thanks for your inputs!

Is it worth the hassle even if I'm not into real flight plans? I'm just looking to populate the airports with relevant airliners (not real schedules).

Can someone point me to a link explaning how to easily download the models, scheduled etc...? I'm looking for the easiest and fastest way to achieve what UTL does....

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

2 hours ago, Shomron said:

Thanks for your inputs!

Is it worth the hassle even if I'm not into real flight plans? I'm just looking to populate the airports with relevant airliners (not real schedules).

Can someone point me to a link explaning how to easily download the models, scheduled etc...? I'm looking for the easiest and fastest way to achieve what UTL does....

It's not that much hassle, and yes, it's worth it, because it has like every single aircraft model/variant that you will see in real life, and it has all the different special liveries from every airline etc etc etc
For instructions go to: alpha-india.net

If you really only want ANY airliners out there , there might be easier solutions that you just need to drop into your scenery folder, but without flight plans you usually always will have stuff like randomly airlines everywhere (Alaska Airlines at Dubai, Lufthansa Regional at Jakarta etc etc), which seriously destroys immersion for me. So, yeah, AIG is worth it.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Shomron said:

Yes, absolutely. Lots of aircraft brings an airport to life. There is an installation guide with the base AIG Ai Manager program. Just install British Airways, Emirates, Lufthansa, Air France, Easyjet and Ryanair. 6 airlines that will transform many airports. Then take your time regarding the remainder.

https://www.alpha-india.net/ai-manager/

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

if your in the UK put in some bmi, bmed, monarch, flybee, air2000 ,astreus, iea, air wales, thomas cook, stobart, zoom,xl airways, oasis hong kong, globespan,airtours/my travel, BCAL, britannia, air world, jmc, uk leisure, gb airways, bryman.   I think ive most of them this time.  

Cant beat a bit of eye candy, about as realistic as a dog with 7 legs.  but hey, that what floats peoples boat.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

42 minutes ago, neilhewitt said:

UTLive is officially dead anyway, so migrating to something that's still being supported and developed is, I think, a must. 

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/status-of-ultimate-traffic-live_topic18658&FID=16&PR=3.html

it was dead the first and second time the guy just abdoned the project.

14ppkc-6.png

Going against the grain here, and although the consensus on this forum is AIG, I still use and ENJOY UT LIVE. I saved the addon XML from P3dv4.5, and that's all that's required for it to run in P3d v5.  I get great population of aircraft all over the world and see significant numbers flying (and labeled) during my flights. I did try AIG once, many months ago, but found it cumbersome to set up and not living up to its promotional hype (even though its free) of being the "one click" program.  Perhaps one day I'll give AIG a try again, but really my goal in the sim was to be able to see planes at airports and in the sky.  UT LIVE does that, and I can increase the % of GA and Airline Density.  I have mine set to 60% for each and I really don't notice any performance impact in the sim.  I see the actual real liveries and not generic no names. 

So, for now, I'm content with the AI traffic I'm getting with UT LIVE.

Stan

• Upvote 2

I go along with Stan. My only issue with UTL is to get rid of those Delta MD80 s no longer flying but hey, I fly the Maddog occasionally so no biggie.

Vic green

The models used in UTL V2 are the exact same as those used in V1. UTL v2 also had way more bugs that were never addressed so v1 would be your way to go if you want really want to stick  with UTL.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

3 hours ago, spilok said:

Going against the grain here, and although the consensus on this forum is AIG, I still use and ENJOY UT LIVE. I saved the addon XML from P3dv4.5, and that's all that's required for it to run in P3d v5.  I get great population of aircraft all over the world and see significant numbers flying (and labeled) during my flights. I did try AIG once, many months ago, but found it cumbersome to set up and not living up to its promotional hype (even though its free) of being the "one click" program.  Perhaps one day I'll give AIG a try again, but really my goal in the sim was to be able to see planes at airports and in the sky.  UT LIVE does that, and I can increase the % of GA and Airline Density.  I have mine set to 60% for each and I really don't notice any performance impact in the sim.  I see the actual real liveries and not generic no names. 

So, for now, I'm content with the AI traffic I'm getting with UT LIVE.

Stan

3 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

I go along with Stan. My only issue with UTL is to get rid of those Delta MD80 s no longer flying but hey, I fly the Maddog occasionally so no biggie.

How did you guys get rid of those Daleus models?

Shom

13 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

it was dead the first and second time the guy just abdoned the project.

To be fair to him, I understand (although it's just 'what I heard on the forum') that the reason he stepped away the first time is that his wife got cancer, and presumably this most recent incident is for the same reason. Serious illness for you or a close relative can be all-consuming to the exclusion of anything else in your life. But this is also the reason why single-developer projects are inherently problematic as commercial products. I would like to think that those who create software products as a one-man band would make contingency plans for it to be handed over to someone else in the event that they can't continue maintaining it, or maybe to release the source code if they pass away or just decide to wind up their business. 

What I do think was unacceptable was the lack of communication from Flight1. I get it, they were trying to get a response out of the guy, and he wasn't responding for months or even years, but then the right thing to do is to tell customers that; instead, they maintained radio silence, and people continued to buy the product in the expectation that it was going to be supported and V2 completed. 

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT