Sign in to follow this  
MD83

Windows Movie Maker File Size Limitations??

I just spent about 20+ hours making a video of a recent (actual) trip to Hawaii using FRAPS and Windows Movie Maker, plus actual digital pictures and music, etc, etc. The total time of the video was about 11 minutes and the file size was about 92mb. WMM would NOT save it to my computer or a CD. I have plenty of storage available and the source files are in tact. WMM 'HELP' says you can save movies up to 4gb.??? What is the problem?? It seems I can save movies only up to about 6-7-8 minutes max. ???? (Is there another movie making program available??)Thanks for any input!Scott

That is strange. I have made a few movies with it well over a gb... Is your XP environment fully updated?

The computer I used was new 16 months ago ( state of the art Dell XPS Gen4) that is not online (flying only). Therefore it has never had any Windows updates, but it has WMM 2.1. Early on I remember making videos larger than the one it wouldn't save.???

"MS Flight Simulator General Discussion Forum"--------------------------------------------------------------------MD83's Dictionary:Dirge: Slow and mournful music e.g. COLDPLAY's musicMaudlin: Effusively or Insincerely emotional e.g. COLDPLAY's musicWhiney: To make a high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint e.g. COLDPLAY's musicDreary: Boring; dull e.g. COLDPLAY's music

Guest jacob001

As CEO of 'Maximum Climb...' who are involved in making tutorial videos for FS, I have also encountered this problem. It is due to the complexity of the WMM project i.e. lots of titles, transitions and so forth, which WMM cannot handle.What you need to do is save it in small parts, then import the saved video into WMM, add your next few minutes, save it, import the video and so on.

I wonder if the amount of system memory has something to do with it. I just created a 20 minute video with no problem using Fraps and WMM. (It's the Southwest video in the Video links forum.) My system has 2GB mem.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest jacob001

Increasing virtual memory to 2000 helps as well.