Sign in to follow this  
Janov

X-Plane 12 preview video for the A330 default aircraft

4 minutes ago, rka said:

Good thing is: the graphical update is finally coming and everyone can decide whether he likes the final product using the demo, which I intend to do.

Ok ... fast forward to the release of XP 12: I see [please fill in some names here] will complain that the diameter of the counternut for the lower left screw of the EICAS in the A330 is 0.1 mm too big and the plane thus unusable. I bet!

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

21 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Yeah. Right. That will make all the difference. Ie you have no answer.😀

As a follow up, here is a video where Austin explains, back in 2019  all of FM model issue in XP 11:40 and the purpose of the experimental flight mode. it start at 36:40.

Edited by BobFS88
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Exactly. So what's the big deal about the flight model when it's  impossible to replicate all the multiple environmental variables on a home PC sim? All that is necessary is that it is near enough. Thank God LR have finally realised that what really matters is eye candy.

As usual, you didn't get the point, although I have explained it thoroughly enough. Either because you can't or simply don't want (what is even worse). If you couldn't, I don't blame you, in this case I'm very sorry for you. However, I won't explain it once more, you have to find out yourself.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

At 21:40 of the video above Austin introduces a feature that made a whole lot of a difference in terms of the "woobling effect" that used to plague all fixed wing aircraft when you pulled / pushed the stick... "DELAY WASH"...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

3 minutes ago, uwespeed said:

Ok ... fast forward to the release of XP 12: I see [please fill in some names here] will complain that the diameter of the counternut for the lower left screw of the EICAS in the A330 is 0.1 mm too big and the plane thus unusable. I bet!

Probably true, but not me, in case you're thinking that. For me, the boeingesque FMC kills it.

But I don't care much for stock planes anyways, no matter the sim. It looks nice and shiny, but it is a stock plane. Unless someone makes an Airbus out of it in his spare time like with the Zibo, I will probably use that plane once max.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

6 minutes ago, BobFS88 said:

As a follow up, here is a video where Austin explains, back in 2019  all of FM model issue in XP 11:40 and the purpose of the experimental flight mode. it start at 36:40.

Question to the usual suspects: where can we get such a detailed insight into the FM of the "competitor"?

BTW, can the usual suspects explain, why you can enter in the "competitor" into huge thunderstorms with temperatures below 0° C in a GA plane and nothing happens? I mean, no shaking/rattling, no icing, etc..  Ok, icing on the windows, but not on the wings - although we know that in reality even airliners have fallen from the sky, due to ice accumulation on the wings.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, BobFS88 said:

Watched it when it came out. Legalised torture.

12 minutes ago, uwespeed said:

As usual, you didn't get the point, although I have explained it thoroughly enough. Either because you can't or simply don't want (what is even worse). If you couldn't, I don't blame you, in this case I'm very sorry for you. However, I won't explain it once more, you have to find out yourself.

My daughter-in-law who flies her families P28 tells me that not even the most expert XP Pilot could land her plane in real life without hours of instruction. And that similarly she is unable to land a P28 in XP without practice. X-Plane is not real life.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Not watching it is like skipping class and asking us for the answers to an exam.

Sorry you going to have watch if you really interested in wanting to know. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

So, FIRST you ask us what parts of the standard XP flight model were in need of improvement, and what were improved in the experimental flight model.

And THEN, when someone LINKS A YT VIDEO THAT EXPLAINS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ASKED, you criticize it? 🤦‍♂️ 🤣

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

My daughter-in-law who flies her families P28 tells me that not even the most expert XP Pilot could land her plane in real life without hours of instruction. And that similarly she is unable to land a P28 in XP without practice. X-Plane is not real life.

My first real landing of a PA28 followed many years using FS and XPlane. The instructor was amazed at the accuracy of my circuit, trimming, power, descent and flare.  The landing had a bounce but otherwise OK.  I was sweating buckets because it was real.

In many respects, a real aircraft is easier to fly than a sim aircraft (given reasonable weather and no emergencies).  It is more stable and trimming is easier.  Of course there is much to learn, but I disagree with your daughter-in-laws statement for every person who is an expert in a home flight sim.  It works the other way too, with experienced real world pilots crashing in the sim 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

27 minutes ago, Murmur said:

And THEN, when someone LINKS A YT VIDEO THAT EXPLAINS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ASKED, you criticize it? 🤦‍♂️ 🤣

I have exactly that kind of problem with worky stuff.

Doesnt matter how detailed it is under the hood, how well referenced, cross referenced and easy to use it is.

If it's not pretty no one cares.

1 hour ago, soaring_penguin said:

Hey I missed you, mSparks! 
Welcome to the party 

Ski season is always a quiet time for me 🙂

AutoATC Developer