Sign in to follow this  
SAS443

P3D 5.3 unplayable at default ESGP

I was feeling nostalgic and decided to visit my old FBO at ESGP. Granted it is a default airport so I wasn't expecting much. 

But no way did I expect it to be a stutter fest (1-2 FPS at times)

I've tried default F35, A2A Cessna. Summer and winter seasons. All scenarios produced the same unplayable result. I do have ORBX ESGG installed, which is located very close to ESGP, but no stutters at ESGG when I fly around that airport

I flew a short hop from ESGG to ESGP in the C172 using RXP GNS430. Stutters started when I had roughly 8NM to ESGP and got progressively worse until overhead ESGP when P3D stopped responding for a while. It never CTD though.

Can anyone try to spawn at ESGP, slew to 5000ft with nose pointing to 280 magnetic? When I do that, sim becomes unplayable and I have no idea why. EA on/off has no impact.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I doubt this has anything to do with the airport and more to do with the now well documented problem that P3D has that should soon be fixed.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/611558-horrible-fps/

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/613439-severe-stutters-with-unknown-cause/

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Ah perhaps it is!

Silly of me to not even reconsider that. My myoptic troubleshooting was focused on ESGP. But I'll wait for a fix.

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

8 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

EDIT: in the meantime, does your performance problem go away if you set the Scenery Autogen Draw Distance to "Medium"

Thanks Rob. This did the trick. Reduced it from my usual HIGH-setting to MEDIUM and stutters went away!

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |