Sign in to follow this  
remilton

TrackIR Pause Button (F9) Dose Not Freeze Screen

17 minutes ago, remilton said:

I just assigned TrackIR pause to a button box with no assignments and it has the same result.  I look in a direction, freeze TrackIR and the camera snaps back to center.

Before TrackIR was fixed by the latest sim update, did you use the partial "fix" that restarted TrackIR when if froze because you looked away from the screen?  It was called AutoTrackIR and was a standalone .exe file that you would start up whenever using TrackIR. It did not go in the Community folder. I would think it would only be a problem now if you had set it up to run automatically whenever TrackIR started.

Does your button box send a key code by any chance? If so based on the above make sure the code for Ctrl is not involved. BTW, I didn't realize you could assign the TrackIR hot keys like Pause to buttons (unless the button sends a key code).

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

Rem - with your regular user Keyboard Profile selected - and the Filter (left side) set to read "All", (so that every possible assignment would be shown) did you go down every camera selection box to see that F9 was not present in any of those boxes?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

21 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Here you go, Ark:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AueVg7eVAeXMlRUA64nqxnaTA2kH?e=KVQc4e
(Ignore the other pics)

Interesting. I don't have the TRACKIR tab on the Control Options menu, but it works fine except when Asobo tinkers and breaks it. What version of the driver are you using? V5.4 here, which is the latest I believe.

Word not allowed, I didn't have TrackIR runing. Tab appears when TrackIR is running. Never noticed it before.

Edited by Twenty6
stupidity

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

So, just a question here.  The TrackIR Pause function used to pause the TrackIR from operating rather than "freeze the image", which should mean freezing the display.  Is this something new (TrackIR freezing the image) or am I misunderstanding the OP?

Best wishes to everyone!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

19 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Here you go, Ark:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AueVg7eVAeXMlRUA64nqxnaTA2kH?e=KVQc4e
(Ignore the other pics)

OK, if you are talking about the TrackIR on/off slider under Camera > Cockpit, I'm aware of that. I thought you were talking about a TrackIR Controller Profile section like you can set up for your throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, etc.

Thanks Paul.

Al

Edited by ark

4 minutes ago, ark said:

OK, if you are talking about the TrackIR on/off slider under Camera > Cockpit, I'm aware of that. I thought you were talking about a TrackIR Controller Profile like you can set up for your throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, etc.

Thanks Paul..

Al

Look at pix 5 of 6.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

No, Ark - there are three pics there. The l o . o  o .o. g one showing the controllers. TIR is at the right-hand end.

Yes Dave- exactly per the TIR setup/config screen. Not an expert in TIR by any means, but electronics IT and avionics since 1960 - I can only assume it just disables the output from the IR sensors to it's exe, then to simconnect, which stops any further head movement from TIR impacting the screen. The fact that something else moves - or tales over control of the viewpoint suggests that F9 is also configured to do something else as well.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

18 minutes ago, ark said:

Before TrackIR was fixed by the latest sim update, did you use the partial "fix" that restarted TrackIR when if froze because you looked away from the screen?  It was called AutoTrackIR and was a standalone .exe file that you would start up whenever using TrackIR. It did not go in the Community folder. I would think it would only be a problem now if you had set it up to run automatically whenever TrackIR started.

Does your button box send a key code by any chance? If so based on the above make sure the code for Ctrl is not involved. BTW, I didn't realize you could assign the TrackIR hot keys like Pause to buttons (unless the button sends a key code).

Al

Yes,I did use AutoTrackIR briefly but I did not like it. Anyway you had to manually start it and I no longer have it. 

My button box is an Arduino box. It does not send key codes, it works just like any other game controller.

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

16 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

So, just a question here.  The TrackIR Pause function used to pause the TrackIR from operating rather than "freeze the image", which should mean freezing the display.  Is this something new (TrackIR freezing the image) or am I misunderstanding the OP?

Best wishes to everyone!

The Pause function freezes the display -- stops any movement due to TrackIR. So, for example, you can use your mouse to activate an elusive click spot. You can still move the display by other means such as with a hat switch.

Al

Edited by ark

2 minutes ago, ark said:

The Pause function freezes the display -- stops any movement due to TrackIR. So, for example, you can use your mouse to activate an elusive click spot. You can still move the display by other means such as with a hat switch.

Yeah, I've been using one since they were first released.  The way the OP stated things, I was wondering if the function had changed. Seems like it's the same, it's just the manner in which he described it.

Thanks!

Best wishes.

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I wonder - what version of the sim are you now running, Remilton? Did you go through the recent update that a few of us did - after the beta test?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paul J said:

No, Ark - there are three pics there. The l o . o  o .o. g one showing the controllers. TIR is at the right-hand end.

I see what you are talking about now. I needed to click on the picture to open it up to full size to see the TracKIR heading. But, I don't have that, just checked with TrackIR running. I do have something called Touch Pointer and the associated picture has a ? mark on it as if MSFS doesn't know what it is (either  🙂 ) .

Does anyone else see a Touch Pointer? I wonder if that is really the TrackIR profile (which is empty).

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark

Reason I ask, is that I'm in-sim right now, and can't replicate the problem, so I'm thinking that you may still have the 'slightly' older version, and that it has indeed, been fixed with this recent download....  maybe?

PS - yeah - there aren't any boxes to tick or entries to make in the TIR section Ark - and that box itself doesn't appear until one has the on-screen, inflight 'Arrow' thingy checked

Edited by Paul J

Just now, Paul J said:

Reason I ask, is that I'm in-sim right now, and can't replicate the problem, so I'm thinking that you may still have the 'slightly' older version, and that it has indeed, been fixed with this recent download....  maybe?

I am using version 1.21.18.0

I seem to remember at some point this was fixed. I have not reinstalled in a very long time and I don't look forward to it.

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

Aaaahh..  Hmmm...   A "fix" happened in the beta, I think, but it didn't fully fix it, as it became broken (for me) as I played around. The version number didn't change - we're still at 12118. I did my little "delete all the Ctrl's" and took out the two/three "D"'s that it uses for the Saito switch #3, during that time. The update happened (to me) two days ago, and it has been solid as a rock since - indeed - as I just tried to break the IR config - it wouldn't move - even with your F9 configured. I would hope this is the case, as I'm out of ideas re your case. Personally - using the AddonLinker was a boon - no issues reinstalling, other than the three hours of sitting watching the Covid news on the box. . .

Edited by Paul J