Sign in to follow this  
JPR

Beta 1h: "Gate and Taxiway Maintenance" window an ATC volume

Hi Dave   🙂

Pilot2ATC 2.6.3.0 Public Beta 1h

"Gate and Taxiway Maintenance" window:
When this window is displayed, if the mouse pointer hovers over the map, then this window automatically goes into the background. We must then use Alt-Tab to bring it back to the foreground.

ATC volume:
Even with the volume set to 100% for all ATC voices in the options (chatter and all voices at 100%) and the volume set to maximum in the "P2A COM Frequency" window, the volume of the ATC voices remains too low compared to the volume of the co-pilot's voice. If in Windows we increase the volume of the Pilot2ATC application to better hear the ATC voices, then the co-pilot's voice is much too loud.

*** Jean-Pierre *** (french user)

X-Plane v12.0.9-rc5 - Windows 10 Pro // Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth dual screens ; RAM : 32 Go DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ; CPU: I9-10980HK @ 5.3 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super - VRAM 8 Go  ; 1 disk SSD : 2 To // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Saitek Throttle Quadrant + rudder pedals MFG Crosswing // TrackIR_5

TaxiMnt window:  It now behaves like a normal separate window.  So if you click on the main window, it will pop out in front of the TaxiMnt window.  I could not get it to disappear by hovering over the map.  Maybe I'm missing something about what you are saying.

Volume Controls: I would recommend setting the Windows Volume Mixer all the way up to 100%.  Also set the COM Panel volume to about 50% or so.  Then all voices and chatter to 100%.  If one or the other is much louder than the other adjust them so that voices and chatter are both at a comfortable level.

Then, all your adjustments can be made with the main volume control on the COM Panel.  Since all volumes were set while it was at 50%, you'll have room to increase it for noisy aircraft and decrease it for quite aircraft.  After some playing around with settings, you should get it to where you never mess with the Chatter or Voice volumes separately.

Dave

Hello Dave   🙂

For the sound: whatever the volume setting of the co-pilot's voice in the P2A options, his voice will always be heard at maximum (as 100%), even if I set the co-pilot's voice to 0% in the P2A options. Pushing the overall volume in Windows to hear the ATC voices will make the co-pilot's voice much too loud. It is not possible to specifically lower the co-pilot's voice in the P2A options, it is not effective. 

---------

For the Taxi Mnt window: for example in the screenshot below, it is impossible to move the mouse pointer into the Taxi Mnt window: this window disappears automatically as soon as the pointer passes over the map (red area here), I don't click anywhere, I just move the mouse pointer towards the Taxi Mnt window. I have to bring it to the foreground again with the Alt Tab keys to use it. 
Or I have to move the mouse pointer by the top of the P2A window to the Taxi Mnt window without hovering over the map.

p2a-taximnt.jpg

X-Plane v12.0.9-rc5 - Windows 10 Pro // Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth dual screens ; RAM : 32 Go DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ; CPU: I9-10980HK @ 5.3 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super - VRAM 8 Go  ; 1 disk SSD : 2 To // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Saitek Throttle Quadrant + rudder pedals MFG Crosswing // TrackIR_5

Thanks for the clarifications.

I will work on the Copilot volume issue.

On TaxiMnt, I will add an "On Top" button on the TaxiMnt window so it can be set to OnTop and avoid the problem you describe.  

Thanks,

Dave

Thank you   Dave   👍

I will add an "On Top" button on the TaxiMnt window so it can be set to OnTop and avoid the problem you describe.

It would be nice if this feature was memorized from one P2A session to the next   😉

Edited by JPR

3 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

I will work on the Copilot volume issue.

Thanks Dave that would be very helpful to stop this annoying issue.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2