121 kN 27,300 lbf thrust per engine 108 kN 24,200 lbf
242 kN 54,600 lbf total thrust 216 kN 48,400 lbf
79,000 kgs 174,000 lbs MTOW 70,100 kgs 155,000 lbs
5,425 km 2,930 nm range 6,000 km 3,240 nm
M0.785 cruise speed M0.785
162 passengers capacity 128 passengers
189 passengers max. capacity 149 passengers

7 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

You have old information.  Randazzo clarified in further posts after this what he meant:

I love the way "Incredibly frustrating, demoralising, and has had a significant negative input on our enthusiasm" is so easily swept under the carpet and now clarified!!! wow if only it was like that all the time, Id say some very harsh words to my CEO's
So its old information, does that mean these comments have been retracted? Are we seeing more flip flopping, "yeah but no but, yeah but" 🙂

Edited by a321
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I hope Leonardo or Fenix come to market before PMDG and kinda dampen the hype for PMDG. IMO Randozzo is just creating some buzz to stir up hype for his product. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

I have a faint feeling that the only reason there was a Jan 17 update from Randazzo is to take away some attention off his previous comment which mentioned Asobo in bad light. I think it’s the only reason he eluded to pricing even though they’re so far away from release, to give people something to talk about other than his negative comment. Either way, it’s all conjecture and we can only guess.

On the other hand, I like the new pricing model. Lesser per variant price with options means cheaper for consumer and more profits for PMDG, a win-win for all.

I think Randazzo is banking on the idea that their 737 will sell extremely well on MSFS whenever they plan to release it, hence he’s taking all the time in the world with no reason to rush development. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Randazzo has always been a little outspoken and a little arrogant. He has been like this since the start of PMDG back in the late 90's I guess it was. His company delivers though so he gets away with it, and folks go blind to the actual words he speaks (or at least forgot what he said) and get excited like little puppies with a new chew toy. From his perspective it is all good marketing. The splitting of the 737 variants is also a good marketing tactic. Some folks will pay more in the end I have no doubt.

Good luck to PMDG. I will buy their product.

I do hope other vendors come out with their product before PMDG as well.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

You have old information.  Randazzo clarified in further posts after this what he meant:

Just to add though… while he clarified some items, it still doesn’t change his words. The fact still remains that this one issue has caused their team to feel, “frustrated, demoralized, and has already had a significant impact on enthusiasm”. I’m not trying to be chicken little, but the reality is regardless of how RSR spins it, his team is at a low with this product currently because of the challenges with Asobo.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

2 minutes ago, Keirtt said:

Just to add though… while he clarified some items, it still doesn’t change his words. The fact still remains that this one issue has caused their team to feel, “frustrated, demoralized, and has already had a significant impact on enthusiasm”. I’m not trying to be chicken little, but the reality is regardless of how RSR spins it, his team is at a low with this product currently because of the challenges with Asobo.

It comes from his personality. Sure Asobo are probably frustrating to work with, but this outpouring of emotion from him is probably coming from the fact he thinks he is bigger than *******.

Edit - omg I hate the freaking censor.

Edited by RICHUK
censorship of non-cuss words is weak

Just now, RICHUK said:

It comes from his personality. Sure Asobo are probably frustrating to work with, but this outpouring of emotion from him is probably coming from the fact he thinks he is bigger than *******.

I can’t help to think the post today with pictures and discussion of pricing model came out to help deflect from his comments.

• Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

Just now, Keirtt said:

I can’t help to think the post today with pictures and discussion of pricing model came out to help deflect from his comments.

Yeah, you are probably right my friend. Throw them a bone and they will forget what I said yesterday.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RICHUK said:

Sure Asobo are probably frustrating to work with, but this outpouring of emotion from him is probably coming from the fact he thinks he is bigger than *******.

I don't get why people are so anti people showing emotion, at the end of the day he runs a business, it doesn't matter that it's for a hobby, it's still a business, PMDG make money by selling products, as it stands PMDG are close to release but have one last brick wall they need to get through, he's openly admitted asobo have been great the past 2 years of development but aren't helping so far with the final item, which just so happens to stop the release, ergo no sales, no money, no paying staff etc

Take your feelings towards the man out of the equation, if you were him, wouldn't you be frustrated, and I'm sure we've all snapped at one point or another on a forum, in real life or something else 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

peaks my interest 

PIQUES your interest.  Not "peaks", those are mountains

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

14 minutes ago, RICHUK said:

You obviously don't know Randazzo. I'm going to leave this here. Better things to do with my life than argue over semantics and looking for meaning that isn't actually there. Go try and find an argument elsewhere.

I wasn’t looking for argument, I’ve been a PMDG customer for 15 years, I just see how he acts differently to you.

19 minutes ago, Mace said:

PIQUES your interest.  Not "peaks", those are mountains

Wow, so I use the wrong word accidentally and you point it out to what try and belittle me? without knowing my past and the reasons why I could use the wrong word…Thanks for reminding me why I don’t use Avsim much….

OK, guys!  Let's knock off the tearing others to pieces! :ph34r:

• Like 4

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

5 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Well there is still no possibility yet to read wind data for any (custom) addon, so that means VNAV will not be precise even if it "works".

I'm not sure I follow. In real life a plane, ergo its VNAV system, knows its current position i.e. location, speed, altitude, and the current weather conditions at its current location i.e. temperature, wind speed, and wind direction and of course derived calculations from both sources like ground speed. In MSFS all of this information can be obtained or derived for developers through simconnect. I have yet to see any developer claim otherwise.

In real life or in a simulator environment, wind data from weather models could be used to augment the decent profile. The important thing to recognize here is that data in real life and in previous simulators is coming from an external source i.e. a weather model or flight planning software using data derived from a weather model. So in terms of weather or not PMDG can see the actual internal weather conditions of the simulator outside of the current position of the plane, I really fail to see how that is relevant. All that should matter here is if metoblue's winds aloft are relatively plausible compared to model data, and for the most part that seems to be the case. Yeah you may need some sort of external source to get the data, but you also needed one to do the same thing in FSX or P3D as well.

5 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Winds or no winds can make a big difference between coming down at IAF or overshoot the whole airport.

The 3° rule of thumb correction is +/- 1 nm for each 10 knots of head/tailwind, which means for a 100 knot tailwind (something you were unlikely to have the entire way down) you'd need to start your descent 10 nm sooner or worst case scenario you'd presumably need to deploy speed brakes at some point. With a headwind throttles may briefly not be at idle during decent, the horror. You can decide whether or not that is a "big" difference yourself. I think the ability to enter wind forecasts is nice, and it certainly simulates real-world operations, but 1) the changes in profiles aren't typically as big as what you seem to think and 2) as discussed in this post the ability to simulate this is likely already there from the same or similar external sources used previously.

Edited by MrNuke
fix a quote
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EasternT3 said:

I don't get why people are so anti people showing emotion, at the end of the day he runs a business, it doesn't matter that it's for a hobby, it's still a business, PMDG make money by selling products, as it stands PMDG are close to release but have one last brick wall they need to get through, he's openly admitted asobo have been great the past 2 years of development but aren't helping so far with the final item, which just so happens to stop the release, ergo no sales, no money, no paying staff etc

Take your feelings towards the man out of the equation, if you were him, wouldn't you be frustrated, and I'm sure we've all snapped at one point or another on a forum, in real life or something else 

I am not knocking him at all. But what he said was pretty bad, he cant just of thought that up, he must really be feeling that. But what I find funny is nobody is sitting back and thinking is this not a red flag? No against PMDG, but what on earth is going on? One minute ASOBO are amazing, the next he is losing faith, this is the 2nd time, he also made snappy remarks at Iceman! He is on the dev qa, the DC6 is dead on XBOX...I mean its a lot!

I just feel like the marketing vail is starting to fall, I beleive and I think that this sim is so over represented, and so much misinformation is spread about it both good and bad, that I am starting to feel like its all a bit untreatable?

Edited by a321
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1