Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

Cessna Longitude - ILS can't get plane to follow G/S...

I got it where it switched from FMS mode to nav1 ILS - I was able to get lateral a/p but no g/s

what am I doing wrong?

What do I need to setup to follow the glideslope?

Any help would be great.

Ciao!

2 hours ago, briansommers said:

I got it where it switched from FMS mode to nav1 ILS - I was able to get lateral a/p but no g/s

what am I doing wrong?

What do I need to setup to follow the glideslope?

Any help would be great.

Assuming you've entered the correct ILS frequency, you need to press the APPR (approach) button on the autopilot (as well as the Nav1 and AP buttons).

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

OY! yes of course the APPR button - I was looking for that and I didn't realize how far to the right it was. 

I've been out of flying IFR for so long... thanks for that. I'll try it again.

Ciao!

13 minutes ago, briansommers said:

OY! yes of course the APPR button - I was looking for that and I didn't realize how far to the right it was. 

I've been out of flying IFR for so long... thanks for that. I'll try it again.

The Longitude is my favorite plane in MSFS.

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Well I just got done flying from KSDL to KTUS and the ATC threw me for another loop.

They assigned me the LOC BC 29R

but this time it didn't switch to the Nav1 automatically - I had the frequency dialed in - but I did a manual land and all was well, but how do I deal with a back course? I assume since it was just a LOC there was no altitude g/s - the ATC kept vectoring me down - which was pretty amazing - I was surprised by that but then I was on my own for short final and landing. It hand flies very well so there is that.

I'll keep working on it.

Ciao!

21 hours ago, David Mills said:

The Longitude is my favorite plane in MSFS

I can't wait for Working Title to update their G3000/5000 suite to be more feature-rich as their G1000NXi is. Hopefully they're working on that now. Once they do, the Longitude will be even better.

• Like 2

mmmm....somehow I'm not surprised - well I can hand fly it - so we will do that. I think I may move "up" to the CJ4 and then the Aerosoft CRJ.

Ciao!