Sign in to follow this  
Rob G

Bijan 4 season pack

Have you folks see that Bijan has a new release of his 4 season pack in which he says one good thing and one bad thing? The good thing is that it can now automatically change the landscape without needing to do it manually. But he says it won't work with Addons Linker. I thought that was a deal ender but now that I think about it more I am guessing it just means you have to put it directly in the community folder like FSUIPC. Does that seem right? Anyone tried it yet with automatic changes?

• Like 1

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

We have an ongoing thread already,

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

54 minutes ago, Rob G said:

The good thing is that it can now automatically change the landscape without needing to do it manually. But he says it won't work with Addons Linker.

Believe he should tonight be at work overcoming this issue.  Given a choice between my experience with his Four Seasons, which is great, but not perfect, and Addons LInker, Addons LInker wins, hands down. Not a head-to-head competition by any means, but in regard to overall contribution Addons Linker is the clear choice for me if choosing one over the other.

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I just installed it to my add-ons folder and activated in MS Addons Linker. Now I'm curious to see what happens as I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work. If I crash and burn, send the rescue chopper. More to follow.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rexbo47 said:

I just installed it to my add-ons folder and activated in MS Addons Linker. Now I'm curious to see what happens as I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work. If I crash and burn, send the rescue chopper. More to follow.

No problem. I am circling overhead in the recent Carenado release of the O-2 (C337), so if you crash and burn I am circling overhead and will direct the rescue....

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

41 minutes ago, fppilot said:
1 hour ago, Rob G said:

The good thing is that it can now automatically change the landscape without needing to do it manually. But he says it won't work with Addons Linker.

Believe he should tonight be at work overcoming this issue.  Given a choice between my experience with his Four Seasons, which is great, but not perfect, and Addons LInker, Addons LInker wins, hands down. Not a head-to-head competition by any means, but in regard to overall contribution Addons Linker is the clear choice for me if choosing one over the other.

Does Addons Linker need to be in the process for V7 of Bijans tree Mod?  I have purchased it and clicked on the auto update feature, so I want Bijans trees/season permanently in the community folder anyway.  I use Addons Linker so I have very few items permanently in the community folder, so no hassle.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

If you want the auto season to work, it won't work with add on linker, but with manual install, you can still use addon linker.

• Like 2

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

After some trial and error with the new program (7.0) and Bijan's help on Discord ; I am up and running . Anxious to try out his new Season's pack tommorow .

Update: It seems to work fine using Addons Linker. I'll take Bijan at his word that the seasons won't automatically update. I've been doing it manually all along anyway, so no harm, no foul. If you're reading this Bijan, it looks great!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

No problem. I am circling overhead in the recent Carenado release of the O-2 (C337), so if you crash and burn I am circling overhead and will direct the rescue....

Let me know  if you figure out a way to mute the gear warning. Cheers!

25 minutes ago, rexbo47 said:

Update: It seems to work fine using Addons Linker. I'll take Bijan at his word that the seasons won't automatically update. I've been doing it manually all along anyway, so no harm, no foul. If you're reading this Bijan, it looks great!

Just to clarify for others.  It works fine with Addons Linker if the seasons are installed manually as before.  If the new automatic season installer is used, it will not work with Addons Linker.

I have used the automatic installer, so by definition I ALWAYS want Bijan's tree mod activated, so no problem not using Addons Linker.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

FYI:

For those with the 'Bijan -Islands and Boats' add on. Paste it into the Bijan v7.00 folder after unzipping it. Then you'll be able to install it via the 'Optional installs: Boats and Islands

• Like 1

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

Please refer to the text file called: " How_to_download_Java.txt" in simmarket along with season pack 7:

If you computer doesn't have Java installed, you can install from https://java.com/en/download/

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.