Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

Microsoft buys Activision for $68 Billion

https://news.microsoft.com/2022/01/18/microsoft-to-acquire-activision-blizzard-to-bring-the-joy-and-community-of-gaming-to-everyone-across-every-device/

I wonder what Microsoft are up to, and if this will have any major impact on MSFS. One thing it does show is how much spare money Microsoft actually has.

Message to mods, I don't know if this is posted in the right area of Avsim, move if necessary.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Good for game pass, that's for sure

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Mods please move unless someone can figure out how this applies to MSFS or Asobo.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

It’s useful in that those worried about continuing “server costs” may find some comfort… some of us forget that MS’ stapler budget is bigger than the GDP of several countries.

• Like 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

It's Microsoft trying to compete and kill off Sony as the IP king.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

31 minutes ago, eaim1973 said:

https://news.microsoft.com/2022/01/18/microsoft-to-acquire-activision-blizzard-to-bring-the-joy-and-community-of-gaming-to-everyone-across-every-device/

I wonder what Microsoft are up to, and if this will have any major impact on MSFS. One thing it does show is how much spare money Microsoft actually has.

Message to mods, I don't know if this is posted in the right area of Avsim, move if necessary.

Microsoft and their CEO Satya Nadella are up to making money and increasing the stock price.  It has been a wonderful investment with great dividends.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Just now, MarkW said:

Microsoft and their CEO Satya Nadella are up to making money and increasing the stock price.  It has been a wonderful investment with great dividends.

It's smart.. For once Microsoft has a CEO that isn't resting their laurels on Windows or the smartphone market.. They are becoming what they once were. A gaming franchise. 

• Like 3

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

11 minutes ago, 6297J said:

Call of Duty: Flight - here we come!  

Not according to the mods on the MS forum although I accept it's unlikely that the mods have personal knowledge of the thinking behind the acquisition. I suspect, as mentioned above, that it's to help MS compete with Sony etc.

Give people power to really test their personality.

It would not be undue for the FTC to look into the concentration of the game industry around MS. Yesterday Bethesda, today Activision/Blizzard, rumors are that  Ubisoft is next. Then EA 😀

Not good for gamers, creativity comes with competition not integration.

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Activision have very large Multi-player community and broke sales records on gaming with COD, they will not mind subscribing to online game pass as they already do for COD. And it`s one of the games that has one highest active gamers in millions at anytime around the world.   

Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard in Blockbuster $69 Billion Deal | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Now that Word has decided it is a better stylist than I am -- at least more in tune with certain cultural streams -- I can only imagine future ATC where every transmission starts with a description of the controller, (My link started with the actual presentation, but I removed it because someone gilded the lily, so to speak later into it.) Anyway, if you don't know what I mean, there was a recent presentation by MS, so I can envision, "United 812, I am a Caucasian female with long blond hair who goes by she/her. I'll deal with your request for an emergency landing after you provide your genetic profile, preferred personal pronouns, and a description of what you're wearing. I'm really interested in details of the last."

• Like 1

MS report 25 million game pass members just think what mite be when they get XBOX Series X in stock in the future.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

4 hours ago, Maxis said:

Mods please move unless someone can figure out how this applies to MSFS or Asobo.

This forum is for the discussion of things you might discuss when going into an airport hangar.

So  you think some one in the hanger wouldn't be interested ? Let the moderators moderate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Not good for gamers, creativity comes with competition not integration.

Whilst you are absolutely correct, nothing creative has come out of any of those AAA companies for a good 10 years now so i don't see really see any negatives to this deal.  

• Like 1