Sign in to follow this  
RAMMSTEIN1977

PMDG 737 PFD Display on Second Monitor

Hi,

I don't intend to build a full home cockpit.

But would like to have PFD , ECAS etc on external screen.

I had ZHSI at Zibo at the time... This made it possible to use a second computer.

How can I do that with PMDG?

I can undock PFD Display... But as soon as I drag to second screen the FPS drop.

Do you have tipps for me ?

thx

24 minutes ago, RAMMSTEIN1977 said:

But as soon as I drag to second screen the FPS drop.

You can't use external frame rate limiters or this happens.

I have a four monitors set up and do not use any external frame limiters, just have the frames locked at 30 thru the sim.

I have six pop up panels on these screens.  I also have two old Nvidea graphic cards, GTX 1070ti and a GTX 970.

I have three popups on each screen.  I start out with 30FPS and by the time I get to all six, I'm down to 15 at a complicated airport like FSdreamteams KORD.  No way of getting around it, and I have tried, but, the sim, P3Dv4.5, runs smooth.  No studders.

GNacino

FPS limiter might be the issue. If I use Nv's FPS limiter, the limit will be all undocked window combined.

Use P3D's own limiter would be no problem.

Also as my rig, CS757\767, FSL320 QW787 have no issue with both VC and popped up displays, but Maddog will lose quite a bit FPS when having pop-ups (I always have FMC popped, that cost about 8~10 FPS, but if I also have ND popped up, it'll costs another 12~15 from my 35~40 FPS, that hurts.)

And Ft E-jets,PMDG737,iFly 737/747 have no VC display with popped up one, and also no noticeable FPS drop.