Sign in to follow this  
ywg256

ClimaDrive - Advance Weather for use with ActiveSky

I noticed there is a new advance weather tool for use with ActiveSky available in simmarket today called ClimaDrive.  I am unsure what this can possibly add to ActiveSky so I guess my question is does anyone out there have it for P3D and provide info for what this really does? They certainly have a well produced video up but is there any substance to this software?

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

“...from a database that contains terabytes of historical weather products published by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) from Feb 2015 to present for the continental United States.”

That’s 6 years of data for the US. No mention of Europe or the rest of the world. I would have expected it to go back further.

How far back does ASP3D go for historical weather?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thats exactly it. For 29.99 euro what exactly are we buying that we dont already have in activesky? I am curious to know more and after looking through the hifi forums at first glance I didnt see any posts on the product. I am definitely interested if it adds to the immersion with activesky.

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The calendar in ASP3D goes as far back as 1st August 2014, although it doesn't seem to download anything from 2014.
From 1/1/2015, in Europe, no problem it seems though.

Don't understand what ClimaDrive's advantage over ASP3D is here.
Perhaps @Daveo or @Damian Clark can chime in?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Looks like some neat charts and all that for historical weather in the US. You can check it out on the simmarket video. 

Their website also speaks of a 30 day free trial. Might be worth trying out if most of your flight are within the USA. 

On 1/18/2022 at 8:03 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

IIRC, it's two years. It's in the manual, but I'm not at home at the moment.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

1 hour ago, netshadoe said:

IIRC, it's two years. It's in the manual, but I'm not at home at the moment.

That’s enough for me. Rarely go back further than a week for historical weather.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hello, and please pardon the delay. Here are some answers to your questions about ClimaDrive:

1) Yes, we offer a free 30-day trial at www.ClimaDrive.com and welcome your feedback.
2) ClimaDrive currently works with ActiveSky 2016 and P3D, and we offer a more extensive pre-flight weather briefing. The weather briefing we offer is aviation standard, and although our market research indicates that some hobbyist simmers would be interested in the product, ClimaDrive is geared more toward actual flight training to provide a more comprehensive weather experience to fill gaps associated with inadequate simulation and lack of exposure to challenging weather.

Here is a demo video: https://www.climadrive.app/videos/climadrive-user-guide.mp4

...I forgot to add...

3) We currently only support aviation-standard weather briefings for the continental US, but we do plan to expand internationally as the market calls for it.

22 minutes ago, ClimaDrive said:

...I forgot to add...

3) We currently only support aviation-standard weather briefings for the continental US, but we do plan to expand internationally as the market calls for it.

Thanks for the clarification.  

Count me in if this starts including trans-Atlantic operations.