Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Twin Otter is out now

45 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

I'm interested in both the Otter and Kodiak - but if I could only buy one, which would it be?

The Kodiak is the best aircraft in MSFS by far, 

• Like 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

27 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The Kodiak is the best aircraft in MSFS by far, 

Mmmm i think that title should go to the DC-6 🤔

• Like 5

Juan Ramos

The FSX version had great beta range and reverse sounds. 

I've been looking forward to this aircraft ever since MSFS released. 

But I'll be holding off until they update / fix it.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

The Kodiak with no doubts. It's a little jewell.

• Like 1

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

9 minutes ago, xender said:

I used to think that until I got the Kodiak, haven't flown the DC6 in weeks. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I'm waiting for the release on Orbx Direct. Hopefully its today so I can do some island hops for my birthday. 

46 minutes ago, xender said:

I would call it a draw.

• Like 2

Nvidia 4090 | AMD 5950X | 128GB DDR4 3200 | LG C1 48"
TCA Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo | TPR Rudders | Stream Deck XL | Tobii 5

2 hours ago, Aristoteles said:

If I wasn't in love with the SWS Kodiak this would be a purchase for me, but, don't know,.... something tells me this Twotter is a league lower.

The same for me.  Normally I would have purchased this immediately  but the Kodiaq is so good I am waiting for reviews.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Took it for a quick spin around London. Flightmodel seems ok and modeling is great.  But .... the sounds are really poor. Its like the pitch never changes... Hopefully they can work on it , or someone can fix it as an addon. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

OK, I'll admit it, I made a mistake with this one. Six months ago or so I would have loved this but with the Porter and the Kodiak, we have a new super league of addons and this is not approaching that level. 

The sounds are lacking but this thing feels like it has no weight at all in the air or on the ground. Going straight to the Kodiak afterwards is shockingly different. You can really feel the weight in that one. 

Uninstalled until and if significant updates occur. 

Edited by 6297J
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

Bought direct from aerosoft. Despite already having the fantastic Kodiak, the Twotter will cover other area's and give further options. The sound has improved, but still could be better as others have noted. But i doubt it will be long before FTsim has some Wwise sounds available.

Curious as to whether they are offering a discount if you have previously purchased the P3D Twin Otter from Aerosoft ?

T45

How many flight simmers does it take to check out a newly released airplane? 

Ten. One who downloads and tests it, and nine who say that the Kodiak is so much better.

Seriously, if you follow this thread, it looks more like one about the Kodiak than about the Twotter. I am happy for all who enjoy the Kodiak, but why do you have the urge to compare it sooo much to this new model? To me personally, the Kodiak is uninteresting because of the glass cockpit. I simply prefer old-fashioned flying and navigating, which is why the Twotter was a day-one purchase for me; it is a totally different airplane. I didn't have the time to take it for a spin yet, though.

Peter

• Like 17

6 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

How many flight simmers does it take to check out a newly released airplane? 

Ten. One who downloads and tests it, and nine who say that the Kodiak is so much better.

Seriously, if you follow this thread, it looks more like one about the Kodiak than about the Twotter. I am happy for all who enjoy the Kodiak, but why do you have the urge to compare it sooo much to this new model? To me personally, the Kodiak is uninteresting because of the glass cockpit. I simply prefer old-fashioned flying and navigating, which is why the Twotter was a day-one purchase for me; it is a totally different airplane. I didn't have the time to take it for a spin yet, though.

Peter

I guess because the Kodiak and the Otter are a similar price. Also, the aircraft fill a similar role in real life. Therefore, they can be somewhat compared. Also, folks expect a certain quality. It has nothing to do with gauges. It seems like the Otter is failing badly in the sound department. Hence folk compare the two. The Kodiak gets it right, why can't the Otter?

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Curious as to whether they are offering a discount if you have previously purchased the P3D Twin Otter from Aerosoft ?

T45

Not as far as i know, but i never had P3D.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,