Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Twin Otter is out now

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

The Kodiak is the best aircraft in MSFS by far, 

The best bush plane - still love my Mooney.

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.

I can't say I prefer it to the Kodak. There are some very strange engine sounds as you transition power levels. Is there an EFB? I'm giving it six out of ten. EDIT In fact the sounds are poor imo. Spoils my enjoyment of the plane.

Edited by jarmstro

Personally, I am going to wait a while, I am quite sure they will say that we have hearing loss or that our sound system is too poor to judge the quality.

Now I am just waiting for the Kodiac to be on the market place.

What is that annoying whine sound that I can hear on a regular basis in the cockpit video?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

20 minutes ago, bendead said:

I am quite sure they will say that we have hearing loss or that our sound system is too poor to judge the quality

They tried at first but then promised to look into this after an increasing amount of complaints, see https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/169836-its-so-loud/&do=findComment&comment=1072605

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I never became friend with the Twotter in FSX - don‘t know why - although it is an iconic and handsome airplane. I do not like the panel, the construction of the yokes and the engine axes on the „ceiling“. I think I will content myself with the Kodiak.

6 hours ago, Donka said:

Excited for this one but holding off for some reviews as I was a little underwhelmed with the issues in the previews around sounds and prop animations.

My understanding is that many of the preview videos were advance copy files that may not have included the final sound sets.

5 minutes ago, paddler said:

My understanding is that many of the preview videos were advance copy files that may not have included the final sound sets.

Yup, that's why I'm holding off on reviews and opinions of the final release.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

20 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

What is that annoying whine sound that I can hear on a regular basis in the cockpit video?

The pilot 🤣 they do that sometimes

• Like 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

FYI - Posted moments ago in the Aerosoft forum by Jeroen Doorman:

Yesterday evening Hans and I had a long teams meeting in which we smooth out the sounds even more then they already were.
Unfortunately it wasn't possible to add these changes and adjustments in the release version as everything was set and ready.
These adjustments will come in the first update that's rolled out.
The sounds are tested, provided and confirmed working as should, by real Twin Otter pilots who have hundreds of hours on the left or right seat.
Also note that if you don't change the settings during climb/cruise you'll indeed go deaf :) but that's how loud the plane is according to the real world Twin Otter pilots, so we followed that advise :)
40TQ and 75% NP should be the power settings while climbing and cruising.

So they at least have some tweaks already in the pipeline. Sound is such a critical part of first impressions and immersion - it would obviously have been better to hold off a few more days, but it's probably tough to align to a committed MSFS marketplace release date.

• Like 2

Well, I did hold back for a solid 8 hours or so. Got the Twotter off the marketplace. Downloading while updating my tomorrow's to-do list.

Re-scheduled work on the darn PowerPoint presentation to another day. Will go island hopping in the Philippines instead.

Screw work and cheers,

2Low2Slow 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I haven't purchased an Aircraft from Aerosoft in ages. I can remember things that were never fixed, in the last aircraft I got from them, and also the fact that they didn't seem to handle any criticism well on their forum. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I'll be ready to purchase 2/22 (SU8) so hopefully some spit and polish can be applied by then.

ns

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I recall this being one of the most anticipated add ons for a long time before it released but it seems the Kodiak has taken the wind out of it's sails a little.

Very impressed with the modelling of the exterior and the cockpit though. I shall be keeping an eye on this one, I do fancy adding it to my fleet.

Edited by Rudiii
  • Like 1

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

Just purchased the Kodiak, so I'll wait a while for the Otter to mature I think. 

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir