Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Twin Otter is out now

30 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

After a lot of unfathomable vacillating, I bought the Twotter this morning.  Will install later today, and am hoping Alex Metzger's genius will make the myriad of smaller issues less bothersome. I am hoping someone can shed light on the forthcoming patch to correct the most glaring ones...?

Ta- C

Main thing is the sound for me. Not sure what else is wrong but as far as I am concerned the plane is nothing special. Not even Carenado quality. No EFB to configure the thing is a big omission imo.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

Main thing is the sound for me. 

Saw this sound mod someone has created over on the Aerosoft forums. I don't think they published it for the public but said they put it together themselves using sounds from a online sound hosting website called 'Soundbank'. Seems they had no real experience in sound but just read up on how to do it and put it into the sim. Kind of beggars belief that some random person can do a better job than Aerosoft in just a couple of days than what they could achieve in a year of development. Personally I'm going to wait until the sound is patched before considering to purchase. It's kind of disappointing as sound is so important for immersion (to me at least).

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Saw this sound mod someone has created over on the Aerosoft forums. I don't think they published it for the public but said they put it together themselves using sounds from a online sound hosting website called 'Soundbank'. Seems they had no real experience in sound but just read up on how to do it and put it into the sim. Kind of beggars belief that some random person can do a better job than Aerosoft in just a couple of days than what they could achieve in a year of development. Personally I'm going to wait until the sound is patched before considering to purchase. It's kind of disappointing as sound is so important for immersion (to me at least).

Well I dare say it will be patched up eventually. But no trim wheel animation? I mean seriously? And no EFB and external ground equipment? This was hyped up way beyond what we got methinks.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

So you wont be buying PMDG 737 and A2A Cherokee also? OK. 

No I wont, I will wait and see, its not like its going to go away! I can fly the 737 in other sims, oh wait that's right... This 737 is going to far more than the ones in P3D etc! Ok 

• Like 1

Inspired by discussions on the official forums I've created a crude mod for the Twotter that modified the ai.cfg files for the various versions to change the values for pitchPID and rollPID to the current versions in the default Kodiak config.
pitchPID = 2, 0.1, 10, 1, 100
rollPID = 1, 0.1, 1, 8, 100

And it's worked wonders for allowing the AP to keep the nose up at lower speeds and follow a GS.

I'm not going to post the mod anywhere as a) it's incredibly crude and b) honestly I don't trust how Aerosoft would react but if anyone wants details on what I did please let me know.

I've also done something similar with the ai.cfg file for the Islander using the values for one of the smaller twin engined aircraft

pitchPID = 2.0, 0.1,  5.0, 1.0,  100.0
rollPID = 1.5, 0.1,  1.5, 8.0,  100.0

and that's much better as well.

(Just to reiterate this are just numbers just copied from other planes where the AP works properly and not intended to accurately reflect teh  AP in either plane - I'm just of the opinion that a usable but innaccurate AP is more help to me than the default one)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, steve310002 said:

No screams of panic from the ground crew? I'm disappointed😂

Bought both the Kodiak and the Twotter. I'm a total VFR flyer so I'm not interested in the finer point of autopilot or the associated systems. So long as the NAV, Heading and direct to buttons work I'm happy I fly by hand at either end. I've never flown a real plane so can't comment on the flight model either.............I'm More than happy with the kodiak and happy with the Twotter But should they be that easy to take off, fly and land? particularly the twotter. Can't imaging I could do likewise in the real things without killing myself or someone else.

Looking forward to sound upgrades for the Twotter :-)

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

I went to check the forums from the aircraft developer, hoping to see some promises and good news for updates.

But all I see is threads being locked, useful suggestions from real Twin Otter pilots being shut down, rude posts from the developer basically stating "that's how our model works" when people are upset about missing functions... 

I don't have much hope for this addon. I was looking forward to it, but they really screwed up. 

• Like 2

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 minute ago, Republic3D said:

I went to check the forums from the aircraft developer, hoping to see some promises and good news for updates.

But all I see is threads being locked, useful suggestions from real Twin Otter pilots being shut down, rude posts from the developer basically stating "that's how our model works" when people are upset about missing functions... 

I don't have much hope for this addon. I was looking forward to it, but they really screwed up. 

That is the way Aerosoft has been for years. Customer no service at it's best. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Republic3D said:

Well, that pretty much sums up Aerosoft.  If anyone is expecting a change with the same people in charge…….

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

6 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

Well, that pretty much sums up Aerosoft.  If anyone is expecting a change with the same people in charge…….

They dont care about us simmers on pc any longer, they have a bigger crowd now on Xbox. As long as the 3d modell is shiny and pretty they will sell as hot cakes on Xbox.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Cyrex1984 said:

They dont care about us simmers on pc any longer, they have a bigger crowd now on Xbox. As long as the 3d modell is shiny and pretty they will sell as hot cakes on Xbox.

Stop being so dramatic. While I don't agree with how they handle their support, at least give them a chance with the upcoming patch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dikkeduif said:

Stop being so dramatic. While I don't agree with how they handle their support, at least give them a chance with the upcoming patch.

Im not being dramatic, im only telling the truth. They dumbed down the aircraft to fit it on the xbox. That explains it all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dikkeduif said:

Does the upcoming parch include the animation of the trim wheel? Or is that still deemed as being unnecessary?

4 minutes ago, dikkeduif said:

I don’t think he’s being dramatic.  They pretty much said animations were omitted solely due to Xbox.

• Like 3

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR