Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Twin Otter is out now

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Your 'desperate to please' could be somebody else's appreciation of two facts.

1.  A complex aircraft is not going to be released without bugs.

Here is the thing,, It isn't Complex! Hence my new name for it... "Twin Conner" it is just a massive cluster of hype and typical MK Marketing! 

Edited by a321
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaboki said:

So where is the complexity? To me this seems more like carenado level of complexety, looks pretty but no deepth...

I’d like to know as well, but according to Aerosoft it’s vastly more complex than anything out there.  So can I assume temperature affects the viscosity of the hydraulic fluid and fuel?

• Like 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

19 minutes ago, a321 said:

Here is the thing,, It isn't Complex! Hence my new name for it... "Twin Conner" it is just a massive cluster of hype and typical MK Marketing! 

Yes, yes, you're very clever and we're all impressed.   Want some ice cream?

The people's flag is deepest red.

15 minutes ago, Boeing_Driver said:

Can anyone tell me what their impression is of the plane's water handling? For instance, how does it compare to the C172? Does it skip like a rock when you try and put it down?

I've only done one water landing but it felt like it settled into the water better than the C172.  I couldn't figure out how to taxi it though without water rudders using differential thrust only...

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

27 minutes ago, DeepestRed said:

Yes, yes, you're very clever and we're all impressed.   Want some ice cream?

Sorry you are going to wine and dine me better than that!..Ice cream!!! Shocking!

41 minutes ago, Boeing_Driver said:

Can anyone tell me what their impression is of the plane's water handling? For instance, how does it compare to the C172? Does it skip like a rock when you try and put it down?

It doesn't feel like 172 for sure to me. It does have heavy feel, also noticeable thrust . Basically I have never from DHC-6 IRL but it sort of behave how I would expected. I guess 2 degrees wing dihedral provide enough lateral stability 🙂

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Fellow Simmers, keep this clean, no need for personal attacks, or this gets locked.

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

6 hours ago, a321 said:

When the leader of Aerosof's PR says it is because of the limitations of the XBOX it is fact as to why until his words are proven different. By your standards facts we are taught at school are not facts then! A fact is a fact until proven otherwise. Get out of the "My Truth" game its a fantasy! 

Other devs? Like the DC6 which had to be pulled, probably for this reason! Why would he say that, it is such a damming thing to say! The planes on the market place are all trash mostly, and many are not on the XBOX Market place! 

I agree it is hard to believe, but my oh my he could of said something else! This is the direction they want to go, Easy to please, loads of hype, and causals who dont know what's what mostly. Less work, more profit, more hype..OMG this is the most detailed plane ever and all that, Dev updates full of promise!

Well Said!!!!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

On 1/20/2022 at 8:41 AM, paddler said:

You might want to reconsider. As with any 3rd party offering, there will be minor issues and they will be rectified and updates posted. I can assure you that this is the case with the Twin Otter and much work has already been completed on sounds and other identified anomalies. This thing is already a beauty to fly and will be improved upon in the near future. It is my primary plane to explore the world with and will only get better. You are missing out IMHO.

I will reconsider it. Its just that I have bought a few payware and a few were too pricey. I really enjoyed the Twin Otter for XP11 back in the day. Loved it.

I do already have the Kodiak 100 so I might just hold off for a bit and get it later.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

On second thought...I might wait a month or two so some things can get hashed out. The Kodiak, Carenado Seneca, DC6, JF Arrow, Zenith STOL, CRJ....freeware mods etc will keep me happy.

It seems to be a mix of the developer (not all the time) and Asobo/MS that make it difficult.

We should all realize that even though we love flight sim......our mothers would tell us, "Honey, its just a game! Calm down!"

The Kodiak has several configurations like the Zenith STOL so I might hold for a long bit. These are both excellent aircraft.

Props!.....TwinProps, actually! to Aerosoft for another cool bird to fly.

😅

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

New Twin Otter Mod but may not work with the Marketplace version per notes: https://flightsim.to/file/26633/ccm-s-twin-otter-mod

If this has been previously posted please delete.

Edited by northtexas

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

6 hours ago, northtexas said:

New Twin Otter Mod but may not work with the Marketplace version per notes: https://flightsim.to/file/26633/ccm-s-twin-otter-mod

Ah that’s the sound mod some talented fellow did and showed over at the AS forum. May try it after the weekend with my MS marketplace version

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

6 hours ago, northtexas said:

Captain Moustache's mods are very good in general. 

It is shameful for Aerosoft to release such an iconic bird in a state like this - it doesn't do it justice.  And their response on the forums is even worse, but no more than I expect from Mathijs Kok.

Even Carenado could do a better job that this.  It seems like it is at the level of a VirtualCol product. (No criticism of VirtualCol, as they make it clear they are not about producing premium products).

They need to redo the sounds from scratch also.  It isn't just the transitions, the base sounds are very poor, so even when transitions are smooth it still won't sound good - the great FSX sounds in the video posted earlier demonstrate how far away they are.

I am not sure what has happened to Aerosoft.   I had their Airbus  A318-A321 pack for FSX and loved it.  It was especially good in the sound department.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

8 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I am not sure what has happened to Aerosoft.   I had their Airbus  A318-A321 pack for FSX and loved it.  It was especially good in the sound department.

I don't think anything has happened to Aerosoft, I think they just haven't changed and the advances made in MSFS have caught them out and left them behind. This would have been a great addon in FSX, albeit with a sound mod but its just not up to scratch for MSFS. Maybe a change of leadership is due. 

• Like 1