Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Twin Otter is out now

I've been very keen on getting this aircraft. But reading all the reports together with the AS/MK behavior on their forums keep my wallet closed. Too bad.

• Like 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

13 hours ago, a321 said:

Here is the thing,, It isn't Complex! Hence my new name for it... "Twin Conner" it is just a massive cluster of hype and typical MK Marketing! 

At least youre not calling it Conner Willams so it ain't all that bad.

Edited by MSFLYER5856

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.

14 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

The next aircraft that SWS release will get my money on day one.  The Kodiak has  proven to me their products are high quality and that they respond quickly to customer concerns.  I did not buy the CRJ or Twin Otter on day one because of previous releases missing features - and the fact it is a long road to a complete product if that indeed arrives.

I am still considering the Twin Otter when and if missing features and bugs are sorted.  

I'd be partial to th Kodiak just for the nice cockpit view and not having a thick pillar obstruct the view. The Kodiak like the Mooney just works. IMO, the Kodiak makes the Otter redundant.

• Like 2

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.

39 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Even Carenado could do a better job that this. 

Whoa, let's not say things we can't take back.  😁

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MSFLYER5856 said:

I'd be partial to th Kodiak just for the nice cockpit view and not having a thick pillar obstruct the view. The Kodiak like the Mooney just works. IMO, the Kodiak makes the Otter redundant.

Except that the Kodiak isn't perfect either. Disconnect the AP when on the glide slope and the nose drops. Toilet paper needs to be readily to hand.

Edited by jarmstro

17 hours ago, a321 said:

When the leader of Aersoft's PR says it is because of the limitations of the XBOX it is fact as to why until his words are proven different.

So when that person says the AP is broken because of the need to use default code for XB compatibility but testing shows it's actually because they used the unmodfied default values from the SDK for the AP config - do we believe them or the result from experiments we can perform ourselves ?

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Except that the Kodiak isn't perfect either. Disconnect the AP when on the glide slope and the nose drops. Toilet paper needs to be readily to hand.

Two clicks of up trim and nose is where it should be, not a big deal for a pilot. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

I  find that happens if the manual trim was not set properly. Manual trimming not set properly also casues the AP to yolo. Manual trim not set properly also cause CTD's on landing when landing using AP ILS.

The position of the trim wheel IMO effects AP stability.

Edited by MSFLYER5856

17 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Two clicks of up trim and nose is where it should be, not a big deal for a pilot. 

Not a big deal, true. But a plane dropping it's nose when disconnecting the AP still is wrong. No need to defend obvious bugs. I still love the Kodiak.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MSFLYER5856 said:

I  find that happens if the manual trim was not set properly. Manual trimming not set properly also casues the AP to yolo. Manual trim not set properly also cause CTD's on landing when landing using AP ILS.

The position of the trim wheel IMO effects AP stability.

I have never seen that issue. Once AP is set, no need to adjust trim, AP does that. I haven't had a CTD in almost a year, now, no matter what aircraft I am flying. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have never seen that issue. Once AP is set, no need to adjust trim, AP does that. I haven't had a CTD in almost a year, now, no matter what aircraft I am flying. 

Ive been experimenting with that and havea digital readout of my trim position on my streamdeck. I usually take off at .04-.03 trim. Once in AP, I need to make ever so slight adjustments to the trim wheel on my CH Fighterstick so the plane does not yolo. I notice when it yolos a lot on landing I get a CTD. This is mainly with the Mooney. I have had no CTD with the Kodiak.

But the Kodiak does yolo in flight if I don't tweak the trim wheel properly. I always thoguht the AP takes over the trim. But if I purposely adjust the trim wheel too much either way in AP, I get yoloing.

At firstI thought it was the wind setting; I then turned that off and it still yolo'd until I tweaked the trim wheel.

Edited by MSFLYER5856

2 hours ago, Nemo said:

I've been very keen on getting this aircraft. But reading all the reports together with the AS/MK behavior on their forums keep my wallet closed. Too bad.

Quite true! Sometimes it’s a matter of principle. Fortunately for Aerosoft, they are big enough to swallow those who decide not to purchase on the basis of your comment. Fortunately for us there are many airplanes available to fill our hangars and keep us happy in the sky!

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

3 minutes ago, MSFLYER5856 said:

Ive been experimenting with that and havea digital readout of my trim position on my streamdeck. I usually take off at .04-.03 trim. Once in AP, I need to make ever so slight adjustments to the trim wheel on my CH Fighterstick so the plane does not yolo. I notice when it yolos a lot on landing I get a CTD. This is mainly with the Mooney. I have had no CTD with the Kodiak.

But the Kodiak does yolo in flight if I don't tweak the trim wheel properly. I always thoguht the AP takes over the trim. But if I purposely adjust the trim wheel too much either way in AP, I get yoloing.

At firstI thought it was the wind setting; I then turned that off and it still yolo'd until I tweaked the trim wheel.

My Kodiak is rock solid in both direction an altitude without touching anything. Messing with the trim when on AP is a no no, and many times it will disconnect the AP if you do that. I trim for climb or level flight, and then activate AP. Works every time, no issues. 

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

My Kodiak is rock solid in both direction an altitude without touching anything. Messing with the trim when on AP is a no no, and many times it will disconnect the AP if you do that. I trim for climb or level flight, and then activate AP. Works every time, no issues. 

Bob, you would not want me as a passenger in your plane. I would definitly press a button or flip a switch  on you out of curiosity.

id be curious to know how many people loved the plane before reading Aerosoft statement, and now, hates it and think its garbage. 😄 

FACT: Animation load being an issue on xbox is something ive never heard of. --How do i know? I released 2 planes on xbox
FACT: The DC-6 wasnt pulled out of Xbox because of that.  --How do i know? Its the handling of the WASM modules on the xbox side that is slightly different, just enough to fook everything up.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2