Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Twin Otter is out now

Hopefully they will eventually offer a PC only patch featuring round wheels....

Well i for one have learn't a lesson, and will take my business elsewhere as MK suggests. I had always been led to believe that this new sim was cutting edge, and great things were coming.... maybe XPlane 12 is going to be more suitable in time.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

Well i for one have learn't a lesson, and will take my business elsewhere as MK suggests. I had always been led to believe that this new sim was cutting edge, and great things were coming.... maybe XPlane 12 is going to be more suitable in time.

MK = AM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Hopefully they will eventually offer a PC only patch featuring round wheels....

Sorry I haven't read through this thread, but are you seriously saying the Twin Otter comes without round wheels...?

5 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Sorry I haven't read through this thread, but are you seriously saying the Twin Otter comes without round wheels...?

Depends whether you consider a threepenny bit to be round.

Just now, jarmstro said:

Depends whether you consider a threepenny bit to be round.

Maybe by medieval standards...
so I guess Aerosoft is now CaptainSim, but without the visuals?

With respect- the Twotter (now that I have actually spent some time with her) isn't total rubbish. Yes, there are certainly some glaring issues that need a fix immediately. What is indisputable is that the flight model is representative, taxi is now representative and once you start sucking seat on approach, you don't really have time to fixate on the issues, being way, way too preoccupied with making the TDZ. MK could use some softening, and perhaps some civility gets lost in translation, but all in all, Alex Metzger's skills more than make up for the sub par graphics, systems depth and sounds.

I believe Aerosoft is working hard on fixing their shortcomings, and I hope the Twotter blossoms into all she can be... she's had me sweating and smiling all at once, already!

C

• Like 6

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

It is easy to be misunderstood sometimes.  I like 'early access' as long as the shortcomings are communicated beforehand.  An I don't expect perfect at first release.  I have never known 'perfect' to happen to any third party aircraft, and some never get finished, but end up close enough to keep people happy.  We all know that is the way it goes.  Sometimes the sim itself goes obsolete before other things are completely fixed.

My issue is with MK's attitude and the things he says, which plainly aren't true, make no sense, and are contradictory, like why there is no animation of the trim wheel and why doors don't open on Asobo default aircraft. 
I am disappointed with myself because I expected MK to act differently - I must be mad! :blink:

Still, we will see what the update brings.  I think an option is they may follow this with another 'extended' version or whatever they want to call it, just for the PC.  My worry is, and MK alluded to it, they sold about as many in 5 days as they did in 5 years with the previous version.  It can be taken as thumbing his nose to people who complain - in other words 'tough if you don't like it, our bank balance is already quite healthy thank you so we don't need to do anything'.  I hope that isn't the case, but his arrogance smacks of this.  We will soon see.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I haven't read every post in this thread, but I get the direction many are going.

I fly from the pilot's seat, nowadays in VR.  I rarely get outside the plane, when I do it's not to look at the finer details, if the plane looks like a decent model before I climb inside that's good enough for me.

I have no complaints with this aircraft that are enough to stop me enjoying flying it.  In VR it's so close to being in the real thing it's almost scary.

Sounds are subjective, and I agree they need some work but if I concentrate on taxying and flying I hardly notice the shortcomings.

The plane flies beautifully and the flight model is accurate and the feel, not too heavy, not too light, is very realistic.

If I click a switch and I don't hear a sound I put it down to not being able to hear it over the noise of the turboprops.  If something isn't animated properly I allow my suspension of disbelief to take over and pretend that yes it did animate.

I find that if I concentrate on the good things in the model and ignore the few things I notice that aren't quite right and will probably be fixed in the long run... guess what?  I enjoy this aircraft immensely and I don't feel the need to fixate on shortcomings, because I know that MSFS is still a WIP and a lot of elements in development of planes and scenery that were straightforward in the old FSX/P3D engine are no longer as simple and as the SDK evolves models will become more complete.

Now when I jump into P3D to compare the Twotter there's no comparison, the flight model feels wooden, the graphics aren't as good, and the lighting, particularly reflections and shadows etc, just doesn't cut the mustard any more.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The good news is that based on the many youtubers folks are actually having alot of fun with the Twotter.

ns

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I bought the add-on for FSX/P3D and it was a good one, but with the options that we have today (3 Flight Simulators) I will only buy fully realistic renditions of airplanes that I've flown IRL or the ones that I dreamed of flying IRL.

For the price we pay, it's a bargain when we compare it to the cost of real world training.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

.....or the ones that I dreamed of flying IRL.

For the price we pay, it's a bargain when we compare it to the cost of real world training.

This is my "Lottery Aeroplane" Jose... Jet A is available everywhere, and I'd spend the rest of my life exploring... now, I just have to win!

😉

C

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I'm starting to wonder if Aerosoft developed the Twin Otter with the previous generation XBox in mind, not the current one. 

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 hour ago, bean_sprout said:

The good news is that based on the many youtubers folks are actually having alot of fun with the Twotter.

ns

You mean a lot of the Youtuber folks who get given products for free?

• Like 7

It is a lazy sub-par release. Overlooking these issues and making excuses isn't going to help now or in the future. Kok has obviously said a lot of stuff that isn't true. He is well known for his rudeness and arrogance. However, if they produced good products I could just ignore that FACT.

I hope they fix this. I really do. Shame on them for releasing the Twotter in this state.

• Like 1