Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

P3D 5.3 Hotfix 2 released

Wondering if anybody has experiencing the unlimited visibility issue with EA off again. Updated client did all the " delete generated files" and cleared shaders - installed new AS beta.

Lets hope this bug has not cropped up again.

Edited by planechaser
spelling

3 minutes ago, planechaser said:

Wondering if anybody has experiencing the unlimited visibility issue with EA off again.

Yep, saw that, same here.

However I use EnvShader (now updated) and it works well to sort the unlimited vis.

I've just had some CTDs with 5.3 HF2 after a few hours of long haul and when I reload the autosave it happened again at the same spot twice. Have just installed the new content as well to see if that helps as previously only did client and recreated prepar3d.cfg. After installing the content I got through the point where the CTDs happened but I'm not convinced it is now stable. If you have your sim working right now I would wait for reports of HF2 before installing.

3 minutes ago, simfan1983 said:

I've just had some CTDs with 5.3 HF2 after a few hours of long haul and when I reload the autosave it happened again at the same spot twice. Have just installed the new content as well to see if that helps as previously only did client and recreated prepar3d.cfg. After installing the content I got through the point where the CTDs happened but I'm not convinced it is now stable. If you have your sim working right now I would wait for reports of HF2 before installing.

No problems, doing my second flight with HF2 and have 12 hours flight time.

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

5 minutes ago, simfan1983 said:

I've just had some CTDs with 5.3 HF2

Did you delete your shaders?

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

9 minutes ago, simfan1983 said:

What spot was it? It's still quiet on the P3D forums, so I guess it's safe to update.

3 minutes ago, joepoway said:

Did you delete your shaders?

Joe

Yes, this is the process I used:

Backup of full system image
Uninstalled client and installed new version
Installed new ActiveSky beta
Installed new simconnect
Updated ChasePlane
Installed new EnvShade and re-applied to sim
Cleared shaders

After having the CTD I cleared users/yourname/appdata/local/temp and recreatied Prepar3d.cfg, this did not help. Event viewer was showing an application log Prepar3D.exe fault with mso20win32client.dll each time it CTDd.

I then uninstalled content and installed new content and rebuilt the scenery cfg. I also saved the default flight in the Cub not in VC view, as I have found this helps with stability. So far so good but definitely need to do more testing.

16 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

What spot was it? It's still quiet on the P3D forums, so I guess it's safe to update.

This was the route, which I was flying the in the PMDG 747-8F online on IVAO:
LJLJ/30 MODRO1Z MODRO DCT GIRDA DCT BAXON DCT UNUMU DCT BETOT DCT BULAR DCT ABDAB UA743 TUC UP161 EBA UG362 BOD UG855 BIDOM UM114 KIGRA UB731 BUDSI BUDSI1N DNMM/18R.

The CTDs happened just before TOD inbound NASTO on UM114.

2 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Sounds like you have other issues going on with your PC, mso20win32client.cll is a Microsoft Office DLL and nothing to do with P3D.

Indeed - it is. I don't have Office open but I do have it installed and everything up to date on Windows 11. The log says the following:
Faulting application path: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Office16\mso20win32client.dll

18 minutes ago, simfan1983 said:

Indeed - it is. I don't have Office open but I do have it installed and everything up to date on Windows 11. The log says the following:
Faulting application path: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Office16\mso20win32client.dll

The only connection between P3D and Office is actually RAAS, which uses the Office Access Library (or whatever it is called). This can lead to CTDs in certain constellations (I had that too, once).
RAAS ships with the 747, so you definitely had it running. However I wouldn't know why that would lead to a CTD at the same spot, but who knows. Just a thing to remember when those CTDs come back for you with that very .dll mentioned.

Do you know if Leonardo Maddog requires update to work with the latest hotfix? Opened load manager but no update available

Why people always forget the "restart your system" in their how to's? It would prevent many, many questions here... so guys, latest after installing the client, plz reboot once. It does also not do any harm to reboot once more after everything is reconfigured (ORBX, new AS install etc.), BEFORE you fire up P3D the first time after updating it. Just saying...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

If you cleared shaders after installing envshade, they will not be installed. Delete shaders again, start the sim, go to default scenario, exit sim and reapply envshade.

JC

12 minutes ago, Celador said:

If you cleared shaders after installing envshade, they will not be installed. Delete shaders again, start the sim, go to default scenario, exit sim and reapply envshade.

JC

I only cleared the shader cache. I thought that Envshade installs the shaders into the P3D shader folder and then these are transferred to the cache as they are used, but admit that I am only guessing. I'll try clearing the cache and then reapply EnvShade to the sim again and see if I notice any difference.

So ENVDIR is working? I haven't been able to get it to open for a month. Been over this before in the forum. What's your secret?  

Vic green