Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

P3D 5.3 Hotfix 2 released

As for the unlimited visibility bug ... i was able to apply the LM code fix in the shader file 

That along with the new AS version - works like a charm now.

49 minutes ago, 787flyer said:

I follow Marcus' same practice and sequence except one small addition .... I initiate a complete reboot of the PC after the P3D installation has finished and then proceed with the basic start up of P3D without many of the add-ons being loaded.

That's not required but also should not do any harm. 

I do install P3D during testing phases sometimes 2 times a day. And when encountering issues also way more. 

Honestly P3D updating, uninstalled and installing isn't an issue or huge amount of work. 

What is much more work, are those addons who install into root, Indo documents, into roaming, local etc.....that would be so great if all addons would follow XML and install everything just in one simple directory folder. 

Marcus

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I'm still on P3Dv5.2HF1. Looks like it's safe to update to 5.3HF2. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

21 hours ago, simfan1983 said:

I only cleared the shader cache. I thought that Envshade installs the shaders into the P3D shader folder and then these are transferred to the cache as they are used, but admit that I am only guessing. I'll try clearing the cache and then reapply EnvShade to the sim again and see if I notice any difference.

Envshade installs into shaderHLSL of (root p3d). From there on they are getting cached on starting the sim.

That's why Envshade may cause trouble IF some users are not aware of these processes and installation directories.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 1/19/2022 at 11:26 PM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Don't thank me, there are still issues that I hope get addressed at a later date ... but I'm still very interested to see if this HF2 actually helps anyone so please report back.

I had to lookup HIMARS High Mobility Artillery Rocket System ... I guess DCS fans will know what it meant.

Cheers, Rob.

I am still a bit at a loss as to how P3D works out AM settings. For my i7 6700K (8 cores total with HT on) it gives 255,255 0, 2, 4.  I tested that at my torture test (EGLL to EGLC with TE active, in a PMDG 744) and maintained 25 all the way until descent into EGLC when it tanked and gave 2-3 fps ruining any (admittedly rather silly) attempt at landing. On a 12 hour flight today from NZCH to WMKK things were not perfect, still quite a few pauses, with the same settings.

Prior to this update, I was trying 255, 252 0, 2, 4. which seemed better. Even 255,62.0,2,4 was smoother.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Hi Marcus. If I install Envshade into the shaderHLSL folder what directory for ENVDIR? I’ve done the Evenshade/ Envtex / ENVDIR uninstall reinstall a couple of times and ENVDIR just updates products then doesn’t open.

Vic green

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

Honestly P3D updating, uninstalled and installing isn't an issue or huge amount of work. 

Well that's is pretty simple 😉

André

1 hour ago, planechaser said:

As for the unlimited visibility bug ... i was able to apply the LM code fix in the shader file 

That along with the new AS version - works like a charm now.

Could you kindly share where to find this please?

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

I am still a bit at a loss as to how P3D works out AM settings. For my i7 6700K (8 cores total with HT on) it gives 255,255 0, 2, 4.  I tested that at my torture test (EGLL to EGLC with TE active, in a PMDG 744) and maintained 25 all the way until descent into EGLC when it tanked and gave 2-3 fps ruining any (admittedly rather silly) attempt at landing. On a 12 hour flight today from NZCH to WMKK things were not perfect, still quite a few pauses, with the same settings.

Prior to this update, I was trying 255, 252 0, 2, 4. which seemed better. Even 255,62.0,2,4 was smoother.

P3D v5.3 and 8 cores HT Enabled? 255 would be OK for HT Disabled but not so good with HT Enabled.

Try:

AffinityMask = 65493
P3DCoreAffinityMask = 16341
MainThreadScheduler = 0
RenderThreadScheduler = 1
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler = 2

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Traffic is still the killer unfortunately...other than that as far as I can see, good to go.

• Like 1

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

1 hour ago, IanHarrison said:

...perhaps I mistook your post, are you saying you have a 4 core HT enabled ? In which case 255 would be set by P3D for default.

So for 4 core +HT = 8 Logical Processors. I would use:

AffinityMask = 253
P3DCoreAffinityMask = 253
MainThreadScheduler = 0

Just updated from 5.2HF1 to 5.3HF2. I'm a newbie when it comes to understanding the AM settings. 

5.3 created the following for my 10900K @ 5.3 with HT=Off in bios. Monitor is 4K@30hz. Does this look correct?

[JobScheduler]
AffinityMask=1023
P3DCoreAffinityMask=1023
MainThreadScheduler=0
RenderThreadScheduler=2
FrameWorkerThreadScheduler=4

On my system I run ActiveSky, ASCA,  Chaseplane, AivlaSoft EFB2 Server and vPilot Host Mode. Everything else is run from a client PC. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

10 core HT Disabled: 1023 1023 0,2,4 is fine.

Basically with HT Disabled we can accept the P3D v5.3 settings as they will use all cores:

Plugging 10 "ones" into the BIN Field of Windows Calculator "1111111111" gives 1023 in the DEC field which means to use all 10 cores.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveW said:

So for 4 core +HT = 8 Logical Processors. I would use:

AffinityMask = 253
P3DCoreAffinityMask = 253
MainThreadScheduler = 0

Hey Steve what would you use for a 9700k eight straight cores no HT ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !