Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

P3D 5.3 Hotfix 2 released

What about the inconsistincy of an entry about "AM" in P3D.cfg ? i havent had any entry after the HF2.

Prior to HF2 it changed the AM from 255 to 253 on my old I7-4770K sometimes.

Is there a "stick and set" option to P3D.CFG ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

On 1/20/2022 at 1:40 PM, simfan1983 said:

I only cleared the shader cache. I thought that Envshade installs the shaders into the P3D shader folder and then these are transferred to the cache as they are used, but admit that I am only guessing. I'll try clearing the cache and then reapply EnvShade to the sim again and see if I notice any difference.

On 1/20/2022 at 1:59 PM, Patco Lch said:

So ENVDIR is working? I haven't been able to get it to open for a month. Been over this before in the forum. What's your secret?  

On 1/20/2022 at 2:04 PM, simfan1983 said:

Yes it works for me but I am aware that several people are having a terrible time getting it to work.

On 1/20/2022 at 2:04 PM, Celador said:

It never stopped working, at least for me. Maybe you should delete it, re-download, install again. It was updated today to latest version.

I have found the latest version of Envdir works with both Envtex and Envshade installed. If I have just Envtex installed, then I must use Envdir version 1.3.2.2.1. Any version after that does not load. 

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

6 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

RAAS uses MS Access??  What on earth for ... if the data required exceeds the performance of XML or SQLLite, I can't understand why anyone in the flight sim industry would elect for MS Access?  Are you sure this is correct info that RAAS uses MS Access?

But if one has MS office installed and RAAS uses an older MS Access database, then there certainly could be conflicts/issues.

Cheers, Rob.

I don't think RAAS uses MS Access. It's an issue with P3D and that mso20win32client.dll file if you have MS Office installed. It can lead to CTDs. I've personally never seen this but I've come across a lot of reports over the years. There was also just recently a discussion about this on the PMDG beta forums.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

The mso20win32client.dll related P3D CTD is caused by the following: 

A 32bit MS Access database installed in conjunction with 64bit P3D. 

RAAS utilizes the MS Access Database (2010) to read runway data (and generate callouts) in 64bit P3D.  

In this case, ensure you have the latest RAAS installer, v3.3 and run it again. It will install a 64bit MS Access database (2010) and the CTD will not occur again, unless you CTD is caused by Office 365:

At some point in 2019 a Office 365 update began causing P3D to crash. Event viewer always showing mso20win32client.dll as a faulting module prior to the CTD. 

This CTD is unrelated to RAAS as it occurs even without RAAS installed. For anyone suffering from this P3D CTD I assure you it did not begin with v5.3 HF2. I have been able to reproduce this Office 365 related P3D CTD in all versions of P3D v5.x.

Event monitor will always show mso20win32client.dll crashing followed by P3D.exe crashing within the next two hours. How one causes the other is entirely for MS/LM to sort out!

In this case the only solution is uninstalling Office 365 or reverting to a older Office 365 version. The challenge is that it is unclear after which specific Office update the bug was first introduced. In fact over the past two years the bug disappears and returns between different Office 365 versions).

I have been forced to uninstall Office 365 entire from my P3D system. At some point over the past month, the most recent Office 365 update began causing this P3D CTD again. 

Edited by PinkPony
  • Like 2

This is why I have never seen it. I was too cheap to install Office365 on my sim computer. 

Eric 

19 minutes ago, B777ER said:

This is why I have never seen it. I was too cheap to install Office365 on my sim computer. 

How, has v5.3 HF2 been so far?

I am enroute now for the first time in v5.3 HF2, praying the sudden/permanent FPS drop/spike/freeze is gone for good!

Edited by PinkPony

13 minutes ago, PinkPony said:

How, has v5.3 HF2 been so far?

I am enroute now for the first time in v5.3 HF2, praying the sudden/permanent FPS drop/spike/freeze is gone for good!

Just finished my 4th flight on 5.3 HF2 and have not gotten the dreaded FPS, stutters and spikes that popped up every 2 or so flight.  This has been the best update for me for smooth flight (turned up my settings too).  My hardest airport on frames was cyyz is now smooth and I can fly in and out of there with no stutters or major fps drop.  I am one happy simmer and P3D 5.3 HF2 is great!  Way to go LM.  

Darcy

I'm impressed. Upgraded to HF2, kept the same P3D.cfg from HF1 with affinity settings for my 12900K.

Running graphic & scenery settings pretty close to what Rob has shown in his videos at 4K. Locked to 30FPS in Nvidia Control Panel, not P3D.

It's rock solid and very smooth taking off in the PMDG 777 out of KIAD. In a few hours I'll see how landing in KSFO is but so far the latest update is very impressive.

• Like 1

Daniel M

i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 RAM, PNY RTX 3090, Custom Watercooling

After updating to 5.3HF2 I deleted Prepar3d.cfg and started P3D. At the Scenario screen I was surprised to see my usual scenario still there.

It seems the existence of Prepar3d.cfg.txt is used if there's no Prepar3d.cfg file so if you're wanting a new cfg to be generated make sure you delete that txt file too. It's possible this is due to having SimStarterNG installed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

15 hours ago, B777ER said:

Yep I never ever have this problem either never used Office 365, why anybody would use it is beyond me when you have Open Office as free/shareware by Apache. Does everything MS does but better! 

So did LM really not address their broken BGLs that are causing massive stutters at airports like EFHK? Still seeing them with HF2.

Biggest issue for me is the ugly horizon with no haze. I use EA off.

This was fixed previously and seems to be present again with the latest hotfix.

I had a ctd as well and will try another flight but I am close to reverting back to previous client if I have more issues. I followed to correct steps in updating p3d and have not checked if its because of ms access.

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

Big improvement here. Did a testflight EKCH-EHAM , MaddogX , ASP3D , Flytampa both , Orbx TE ,Open LC EU,,vatsim . 

Before hotfix 2 i had major issues at EHAM2.0 though(pause and stutter 18c). Now on 2.1.

VRAM is on the high end though. 

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

4 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

Yep I never ever have this problem either never used Office 365, why anybody would use it is beyond me when you have Open Office as free/shareware by Apache. Does everything MS does but better! 

I use it too but your assertion is not 100% true. There are some companies whose PCs will not accept odt files when they want xls

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.