Sign in to follow this  
PapaRomeo

Charts for MSFS2020

2 minutes ago, vin747 said:

I need some help here.. I have been struggling with the constantly updating MSFS AIRAC cycles. In the past I've always used a static AIRAC cycle for my other sims and everything was syncd beautifully.. in MSFS, the AIRAC changes every month and my static AIRAC (simbrief, etc) are not in sync anymore. I cannot get a navigraph subscription due to issues with their payment gateway in my country. 

What's the solution you w'd recommend for me? Will a one time purchase of Aivlasoft EFB2 solve my problem? How does it keep the AIRAC updated if i dont have a navigraph sub? Does EFB2 always read AIRAC & nav data from MSFS automatically? THat might explain how I can get away with a 1 time purchase and not a sub.. 

Getting EFB won't solve your problem with SimBrief: the latter only works with Navigraph AIRACs so even if you get the EFB for your 'charts' they won't sync with SimBrief. EFB however will sync with MSFS and hence also with all aircraft in it (and also with the G1000 NXi and so on).

6 minutes ago, vin747 said:

wait, does that mean i dont need navigraph charts sub, but may still need navigraph fms data sub for EFB v2 to work?

No. The Aivlasoft EFB gets its data from the MSFS database so if you do not use Navigraph the EFB will simply use the default MSFS database. Only if you do use a Navigraph AIRAC the EFB will use that one.

I'd like to add that afaik the EFB charts can't be compared to the Navigraph charts. The latter are real world charts and contain ALL relevant information: the EFB charts only contain whatever is contained in the MSFS database and hence it will usually show limited or general information and a lot of that information can also be seen and viewed in for instance the G1000 NXi.

thanks for the info.. i've had no issues with default planes in MSFS.. the G1000 NXi works fine and is enough for most cases.. I'm just getting prepped for the PMDG 737 FMS.. assuming i make the flight plan in EFBv2 instead of simbrief, can i get away without a navigraph sub and still use PMDG FMS + MSFS nav data? 

THe MSFS Flight planner is not very user friendly and also not available once the flight is loaded..

so i need something to extract the nav data from MSFS and show it in the form of charts.. I dont mind manually typing in the flight plan in the PMDG FMS from EFBv2..

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

14 minutes ago, tup61 said:

SimBrief: the latter only works with Navigraph AIRACs so even if you get the EFB for your 'charts' they won't sync with SimBrief.

Please note that AIRAC for SimBrief although from Navigraph, don't need to be updated to the latest. I have been running Aivlasoft EFB and SimBrief with the same set of AIRAC dating back to March last year. So what you could do - if the latest AIRACs are not important for you -  is to buy a one month database from Navigraph, update Simbrief, PMDG and Aivlasoft and leave them alone afterwards. Your option.

Regarding the future PMDG FMS flight-plans, you can make your flight plans with SimBrief (free), transfer them to MSFS, PMDG and Aivlasoft EFB in ONE click with the SimBrief downloader. Then (I am sure PMDG will make sure its future add-on will use the SimBrief flight-plans), your flight-plan will be available on all three platforms and will be in sync.

Edited by Bernard Ducret
  • Like 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

3 minutes ago, vin747 said:

can i get away without a navigraph sub and still use PMDG FMS + MSFS nav data?

In theory yes, but I have no clue if the PMDG 737 will be able to load the EFB plan or how all that works. I suppose it will work (because the PMDG should also work on an XBOX afaik and you can't get Navigraph for an XBOX).

i think i just read in the EFBv2 forums that it cannot directly transfer the flight plan you create using EFB to an advanced FMS.. which is okay.. i'll just have to type it up manually which i think is easy given PMDGs keyboard entry functionality in all their FMSes..

Vinod Kumar

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Avliasoft touts

Never get lost ...

… on huge airports. You will never miss a taxiway again using these detailed ground charts[1]. Combined with the Moving Map your aircraft's position is centered on the map just-in-time.

...as one of its features. The Navigraph in-game charts panel does the same, after you've activated simlink and are logged into your account.

Load up an approach, select the appropriate charts and watch how the NXi flies the approach hitting every altitude constraints the way a two-bit conman hits on unsuspecting EasyJet tourists during an Ibiza-Techno-Rave.

Edited by Ricardo41

8 minutes ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Please note that AIRAC for SimBrief although from Navigraph, don't need to be updated to the latest. I have been running Aivlasoft EFB and SimBrief with the same set of AIRAC dating back to March last year. So what you could do - if the latest AIRACs are not important for you -  is to buy a one month database from Navigraph, update Simbrief and Aivlasoft and leave them alone afterwards. Your option.

but the latest AIRAC is important to me, because how else will i know what sid/star to select? or worse the sid/star chosen by simbrief will not match the PMDG or FBW sid/star in their FMC/MCDU.. then i have to guess what's the best sid/star by using ND which is cumbersome.. i want a 3rd party tool on my 2nd monitor to visually show me the best sid/star for my flight plan. Littlenavmap does a great job in this, but dont think it can extract default MSFS navdata and plot the charts which i believe EFBv2 can do.. anyway best way to find out is to download teh trial version.. 

Edited by vin747

Vinod Kumar

1 minute ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Please note that AIRAC for SimBrief although from Navigraph, don't need to be updated to the latest. I have been running Aivlasoft EFB and SimBrief with the same set of AIRAC dating back to March last year. So what you could do - if the latest AIRACs are not important for you -  is to buy a one month database from Navigraph, update Simbrief and Aivlasoft and leave them alone afterwards. Your option.

I know and that's how I do it too: I usually buy a one month sub for Navigraph whenever I need to (like because of a new addon maybe) but the OP can't buy a Navigraph sub, hence his problem. I do use SimBrief every now and then with a Navigraph AIRAC that's a few months old by now and usually that's not a problem in combination with the current MSFS database. And if there is a problem, it's usually easily solved within MSFS.

But do I understand it correctly that you need an AIRAC specifically for the EFB...? I thought the EFB reads the MSFS database (whatever is in use there)?

• Like 1

I have a 2012 AIRAC (which i bought 2 yrs ago, when the payment gateway issues were not there)  and I'm already seeing a mismatch in sids/stars in some major airports like KMCO.. as time goes by, the gap will only get bigger.. 

Vinod Kumar

Just now, vin747 said:

Littlenavmap does a great job in this, but dont think it can extract default MSFS navdata and plot the charts which i believe EFBv2 can do.. anyway best way to find out is to download teh trial version.. 

LNM reads whatever is used in MSFS so also the default navdata. And you can very easily see and select each an every procedure. This way you will never have differences between what you plan in LNM and what you'll get in MSFS. What I almost always do (with the FBW Airbus anyway) is create a plan in SimBrief, load it into LNM, finetune and (and fix any problems) after which I either load the exported LNM plan into MSFS or the SimBriefplan.

What LNM does not do is create charts based on those procedures. The question is how important those charts are for you... LNM can show restrictions too and other important information. And so does the MCDU in the Airbus or the FP page in the NXi. So the question is how important charts are for you.

• Like 1

How about EFB integrations?

I think both Flybywire and also Working Title have Navigraph integration. How does that compare to others?

3 minutes ago, tup61 said:

LNM reads whatever is used in MSFS so also the default navdata. And you can very easily see and select each an every procedure. This way you will never have differences between what you plan in LNM and what you'll get in MSFS. What I almost always do (with the FBW Airbus anyway) is create a plan in SimBrief, load it into LNM, finetune and (and fix any problems) after which I either load the exported LNM plan into MSFS or the SimBriefplan.

What LNM does not do is create charts based on those procedures. The question is how important those charts are for you... LNM can show restrictions too and other important information. And so does the MCDU in the Airbus or the FP page in the NXi. So the question is how important charts are for you.

okay, lemme explore this option with LNM.. maybe i didnt set it up properly to read MSFS navdata and might have been using my 2012 airac.. 

to clarify, i dont need proper charts/approach plates, but what i was referring to was the SID/STAR plotting functionality in LNM which is of great help while selecting the best SID/STAR and its transitions.. 

Vinod Kumar

5 minutes ago, bigifooti said:

Flybywire and also Working Title have Navigraph integration

Yes, and it is - as of now - the only chart module that will work with both. However, this is not necessary if you don't want the extra cost, both add-ons work perfectly with the MSFS database..

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

18 minutes ago, tup61 said:

do I understand it correctly that you need an AIRAC specifically for the EFB...?

Refer to this thread it is self explanatory. It so happened that I had a subscription with Navigraph for P3D until March last year and my Aivlasoft therefore was updated until that date, when I switched to MSFS I stopped my subscription, hence my Aivlasoft database had its latest update at that time. But I stand to be corrected on that, you can verify with the Aivlasoft forum.

Bernard

17 minutes ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Refer to this thread it is self explanatory. It so happened that I had a subscription with Navigraph for P3D until March last year and my Aivlasoft therefore was updated until that date, when I switched to MSFS I stopped my subscription, hence my Aivlasoft database had its latest update at that time. But I stand to be corrected on that, you can verify with the Aivlasoft forum.

This thread seems to indicate EFB for MSFS can indeed use the default database of MSFS and doesn't require a Navigraph sub.