Sign in to follow this  
PapaRomeo

Charts for MSFS2020

Lots of great feedback here, thanks.

The Nivigraph plug-in directly to msfs2020, with toolbar menu seems pretty nice.

But do I need it when I have the iPads? Perhaps not.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

In addition to the toolbar menu with Navigraph you can link it in with the MFDs in some aircraft too which is handy for taxi charts, approach charts e.g. the G3000 & GTN 750 (PMS version). I think it's on the roadmap for the G1000 NXi as well. I think it's probably the best all round package available but it's the most expensive too so might be worth trying the free trials or free options first and seeing what your use case really is. You can always then try Navigraph for €10 for 1 month and see if it's then worth the money for you.

What is it that prevents so many from using Navigraph, the cost?

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

10 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I think so. The monthly cost held me off for years. Now I don’t blink at paying it. 

• Like 2

Eddie
KABQ

16 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

The cost is not the issue for me. I did spend a fortune on RTX 3090 and the entire honeycomb setup. Navigraph payment gateway doesn’t work in my country anymore. It used to work few years ago. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

9 minutes ago, vin747 said:

The cost is not the issue for me. I did spend a fortune on RTX 3090 and the entire honeycomb setup. Navigraph payment gateway doesn’t work in my country anymore. It used to work few years ago. 

I think I use PayPal, it should work all over the world I think.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

35 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Yes. It simply isn't worth 10 bucks a month for me personally. I might have done the AIRAC only option if it contained the charts. ;) That's what it might be worth it for me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Not in my case, I have been using Aivlasoft EFB since its first release 10 or 12 years ago with FSX and P3D and did have a look at Navigraph charts, but opted for a one time purchase since I really don't care about the regular updates at all, I sim for pleasure. In addition, I feel that EFB gives me all I need for my flights regardless of their nature, it is very simple to use, extremely versatile detailed and accurate, going well beyond the chart part if you wish.

For twenty five years I had to sort out all my Jeppesen new updated charts one by one in their leather binders every month or so when I was flying. I am so happy to be relieved of this tedious task... digitally as well!... 

Enjoy Navigraph!

• Like 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

I used Aivlasoft 1 ages ago, thus I have a question to the present Aivlasoft users: Would it be possible to "import" the Aivlasoft map(s) into a VR (Reverb) cockpit? I doubt it but if so I might consider buying version 2.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

28 minutes ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Not in my case, I have been using Aivlasoft EFB since its first release 10 or 12 years ago with FSX and P3D and did have a look at Navigraph charts, but opted for a one time purchase since I really don't care about the regular updates at all, I sim for pleasure. In addition, I feel that EFB gives me all I need for my flights regardless of their nature, it is very simple to use, extremely versatile detailed and accurate, going well beyond the chart part if you wish.

For twenty five years I had to sort out all my Jeppesen new updated charts one by one in their leather binders every month or so when I was flying. I am so happy to be relieved of this tedious task... digitally as well!... 

Enjoy Navigraph!

I wonder how the EFB charts are compared to the Navigraph ones. Am I correct in thinking they lack information, are a bit general and not as complete and realistic as the Navigraph ones? And will they tell me more than for instance LNM can?

Edited by tup61

15 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Am I correct in thinking they lack information

It all depends what you mean by "lacking information" I really can't think of what could be missing. I am not in a position to compare with Navigraph Charts or LNM because I don't use them. I tried very briefly Navigraph charts upon release but got so confused with its numerous tabs/options that I reverted to Aivlasoft EFB, it does not mean it is not a good product, simply not for me.

As to the details of Aivlasoft maps, according to my previous real world experience, they are perfectly adequate and provide sufficient information for IFR flights both enroule and in terminal areas with all SID & STAR, safe altitudes, detailed profiles for approaches, relief wherever available, radio frequencies, airports charts and taxi guidance from the gate to the runway, visualisation of AI traffic both in the air and on the ground (showing which gate is available at a busy airport when you land), TAF and METAR at any airport (imported from NOAA), NAT, PACOT, AUSOT, and of course all airways high and low altitude. Perhaps one of my preferred feature is the capability to visualise a SID or a STAR before adding it to your route.

In MSFS for stock airplanes, the flight plan is automatically imported from the EFB into your plane GPS.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

13 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

There is no subscription necessary, it's a one time purchase. If you wish (but it is not necessary) you can also subscribe to a Navigraph Airac update.

Does Aivlasoft EFB stay up-to-date w/ the latest AIRAC cycles?  If not, how do you insure nav data is identical between MSFS and other nav data clients?  I recently resubscribed to Navigraph for AIRAC cycles for just this purpose so LittleNavMap and MSFS are synced, and they are now.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

48 minutes ago, Noel said:

Does Aivlasoft EFB stay up-to-date w/ the latest AIRAC cycles?  If not, how do you insure nav data is identical between MSFS and other nav data clients?  I recently resubscribed to Navigraph for AIRAC cycles for just this purpose so LittleNavMap and MSFS are synced, and they are now.

Yes. But... LNM and MSFS are synced by default, so even without Navigraph. No need to get a sub just to keep them synced! 

What turns me away from Navigraph is the subscription model. I like to pay once and own it. And plus I don't need to have the latest charts updated every single month for the type of flying that I majorly do which is IFR.

What I do like some others here is purchase a one time monthly subscription to Navigraph so I can get the latest cycle, and then update all my apps such as LNM, SimtoolKitPro, MSFS, PFPX, SimBrief, etc and stick with that. It works well. I don't fly online on VATSIM so this way suits me perfectly.

I'll maybe purchase a one time monthly subscription annually just to be some what up to date but find it entirely unnecessary to have the latest charts every month. That's overkill for me.

But I have tried Aivlasoft EFB 2 before and really like the interface and the information it presents. It's easy to understand and follow. However there are still a few known limitations with MSFS which is holding me back from getting it. Until those limitations can be overcomed, I will hold off. I like the idea of dynamic charts in Aivlasoft EFB. I really wish these apps like LNM and Aivlasoft EFB 2 could be made native for the iPad as well. I would love to be able to have them on a tablet since I only 1 display and thats entirely for the sim. Really wish someone would make apps that can also run on a tablet. Perhaps a web based app, since you can practically use it on any device that has a browser would be great. Web apps are universal.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

16 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Really wish someone would make apps that can also run on a tablet. Perhaps a web based app, since you can practically use it on any device that has a browser would be great. Web apps are universal.

I don't have an iPAD, but you should be able to put LNM on the iPAD with an app like SpaceDesk, which is free.

And FlightPlan Go is another free option that works with an iPAD. FlightPlan Go is similar in concept to ForeFlight, and is used by RW pilots as well.

So there are definitely a number of 'tablet' options available.

Al

Edited by ark