Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Need help with Active Sky, Please

Today upon trying to start Active Sky for P3d, I got a message that said...

"Prepar3D Application Data location not found!"

I tried to select the Hi Fi folder which was in Programs, I get a message that "You did not Select the proper folder. Proper ASP3d operation is not possible,"

I cannot uninstall HiFi in Control Panel because it indicates that Active SkyP5\unins000.msg is missing.

I've tried to install a new download of Active Sky, but the same messages keep coming up.  I would like to rid my computer of all Active Sky files so that I can download a fresh copy, but I cannot even do that.

1 minute ago, pblind said:

Have you tried the P3d folder?

I did.  There is no HiFi folder in P3d.  Should there be?

Stan

If you haven't yet run the simulator after a fresh install, the required files may not be found.  Please try running P3D first then re-try running AS and things should be found automatically.  FWIW, the Simulator Installation Path is in C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 (by default) and the Simulator appdata folder is at C:\Users\username\Appdata\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 (by default).  There should be no "HiFi folder" selected, we're looking for P3D stuff here.  I think the P3D run should resolve this though.

• Like 1

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

8 minutes ago, Damian Clark said:

If you haven't yet run the simulator after a fresh install, the required files may not be found.  Please try running P3D first then re-try running AS and things should be found automatically.  FWIW, the Simulator Installation Path is in C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 (by default) and the Simulator appdata folder is at C:\Users\username\Appdata\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 (by default).  There should be no "HiFi folder" selected, we're looking for P3D stuff here.  I think the P3D run should resolve this though.

Thank you.  That did it!  Who would have known because I always start ACTIVE SKY first!

Much appreciated.  

Stan

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, spilok said:

Thank you.  That did it!  Who would have known because I always start ACTIVE SKY first!

Much appreciated.  

Stan

Indeed. The HiFi products need a existing p3d.cfg file by example to be working correctly and starting up correctly. 

So after wiping out this p3d.cfg, you must rund P3D first and one time without hifi products. 

Good to see it's solved at your end!

Happy landings.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Indeed. The HiFi products need a existing p3d.cfg file by example to be working correctly and starting up correctly. 

So after wiping out this p3d.cfg, you must rund P3D first and one time without hifi products. 

Good to see it's solved at your end!

Happy landings.

Marcus

Yes.  Right before I tried Active Sky, I had renamed my Cfg file and hadn't started P3d to set up my new settings.

Thanks again.

Stan

Edited by spilok
  • Like 1

my  p3d v6 sim will not start

i have checked files x5 using file search   , reinstalled ... x2

i do  have a lockheed martin dll, its in ....C:\Program Files\HiFi\ASP3DV6

i have no  lockheed martin file  ,

On 2/14/2024 at 8:05 AM, chris white1962 said:

my  p3d v6 sim will not start

i have checked files x5 using file search   , reinstalled ... x2

i do  have a lockheed martin dll, its in ....C:\Program Files\HiFi\ASP3DV6

i have no  lockheed martin file  ,

Sorry, your question is confusing...

• Is the issue P3D not starting ?
  • Or is it Active Sky not starting ?

Perhaps if you started a new topic rather than hanging a new question on a years old previously solved topic.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

14 hours ago, Rogen said:

Sorry, your question is confusing...

• Is the issue P3D not starting ?
  • Or is it Active Sky not starting ?

Perhaps if you started a new topic rather than hanging a new question on a years old previously solved topic.

Cheers

I agree.  I was the original poster back more than 2 years ago!  This question needs its OWN space completely..

• Like 1