Sign in to follow this  
styckx

I'm so exhausted of this sim

After suffering from the dreaded random uninstall and getting the courage to reinstall. I can't even do that.  The installer randomly gets locked up on the uncompressing stage.  Numerous times I check up on it and see it's stuck uncompressing. How does something so great on one end, suck so bad on the other.  

This is exhausting. Why do all flight sims have to be a full time job?

• Like 6

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

57 minutes ago, styckx said:

After suffering from the dreaded random uninstall and getting the courage to reinstall. I can't even do that.  The installer randomly gets locked up on the uncompressing stage.  Numerous times I check up on it and see it's stuck uncompressing. How does something so great on one end, suck so bad on the other.  

Store version?  If so, get the Steam version for far fewer headaches.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Too get you better prepared for the 30+ knot cross winds you'll experience.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

Same for me since monday. All of a sudden my communityfolder was gone and so my MSFS. But I never had to tinker with the FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION in MSFS. 🤕

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

Just now I started a back up of community and official folders to be on the safe side. Not just to save time downloading MSFS if they disappear, but it would take even longer time to unzip and drag folders back into community. I'm not sure what all is in there.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Should be no need to backup Community folder if you use AddonsLinker since all that is inside that are dynamic links to the real files you should be keeping in a separate folder which MSFS has no direct access to.

• Like 9

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

3 hours ago, styckx said:

i9-9900k @ 4.7

if your CPU is oc'ed you may try to run your rig at stock speed maybe. had a similar issue with FSX some moons ago. and yes, even if MSFS ran nice before it may be worth to try

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

4 hours ago, styckx said:

It could be beacuse of the user that is sitting in front of your monitor.

I have a very poor internet connection and DL MSFS took me 5 days. I said to myself: I will throw my PC out of the window if it will break.

Luckily it never did break and my install is working perfectly from day one of the release. It even managed the upgrade from Win10 to 11.

That been said: I don't change nvidia settings, don't mess with the user.cfg, don't install tons of free stuff that interract with the sim (except sceneries), don't OC my GPU or CPU.........

• Like 7

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

3 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

That been said: I don't change nvidia settings, don't mess with the user.cfg, don't install tons of free stuff that interract with the sim (except sceneries), don't OC my GPU or CPU.........

Are you seriously suggesting that if you don't mess with these settings you are guaranteed to have a trouble free install and use of MSFS?

I for one, do not change Nvidia settings, have never touched the user.config, mostly only downloaded Australia, Indonesian New Guinea and New Zealand sceneries and do not overclock anything. I can assure you that I have had truckloads of problems with MSFS some of which (controllers and VR) persist today.

The most extraordinary aspect of MSFS is that many users (and I mean "many") are affected in different ways and some of the very things you suggest we should never touch, can and has done, cleared up some problems for some.  I have not been able to download an update since Sim update 3 without having to do at lease one uninstall and reinstall.

MSFS has been for me the most troublesome sim of them all and I seriously get to hate it almost once a month until I sort it all out again. Once that is achieved, I have to say it is the absolutely best (troublesome) sim ever and I get to love it again.

I have no idea why it is so different to each computer but lit has been evident from the release, that many, many users are affected in many, many different ways.

MSFS has challenged my love for it so many times that I almost compare it to a marriage or a serious relationship, in that it takes a lot of work, patience and compassion to make it a successful and rewarding experience.

Rant is over now .... I feel so much better LOL

Regards

Tony 

• Like 3

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

25 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

MSFS has been for me the most troublesome sim of them all and I seriously get to hate it almost once a month until I sort it all out again. Once that is achieved, I have to say it is the absolutely best (troublesome) sim ever and I get to love it again.

I have no idea why it is so different to each computer but lit has been evident from the release, that many, many users are affected in many, many different ways.

Sorry to hear that you have so many issues. I guess I am lucky. I am using MSFS for about a year now and never had any serious issues. I had only two CTDs in the entire time, one of which I caused myself by editing a config file of an airplane. Occasionally, MSFS didn't work properly after a mandatory update, but moving the community folder to the desktop, restarting and quitting MSFS, ands moving the folder back always resolved my problems. The most trouble-free simulator I ever used.

Peter

• Like 1

Apart those huge updates, I'd prefer to fly offline with from a previous flight cached/downloaded scenery.

2 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

Sorry to hear that you have so many issues. I guess I am lucky. I am using MSFS for about a year now and never had any serious issues. I had only two CTDs in the entire time, one of which I caused myself by editing a config file of an airplane. Occasionally, MSFS didn't work properly after a mandatory update, but moving the community folder to the desktop, restarting and quitting MSFS, ands moving the folder back always resolved my problems. The most trouble-free simulator I ever used.

Peter

I can only envy you Sir.

The amazing thing about this sim is that I still love it. I am sure I am not alone in this sailboat either. So many people having problems but they generally do not give up on it. That alone speaks volumes about where MSFS is at in the eyes of its adoring public.

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

@OP - You'll soon get an option !

I gave up a month ago - and I can't say I was even experiencing half of what you describe, but I had enough of a bit of other details that really killed my ineterst and expectations for MFS,  for good.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Just take a break.

• Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

1 hour ago, himmelhorse said:

Are you seriously suggesting that if you don't mess with these settings you are guaranteed to have a trouble free install and use of MSFS?

No because there are a plethora of things that can go wrong but...in general, if your PC runs stable, I have yet not seen any SW that had issues installing on a supported platform.

In most of the cases i've read about users having tons of MSFS issues and also as the OP states "I'm so exhausted with this sim", there were user related issues where some still try to fiddle around with things like in FSX times.

So stating "I'm exhausted with this sim" means he has constantly issues with it (and only it).

Maybe I'm in the lucky 100 but for me, MSFS has been rock solid (and I do fly VR on Quest 2).

Going back to the OP, not beeing able to even decompress and install files, would mostly mean a very unstable build or OC / AV / Admin rights / bad internet connection / bad LAN or WiFi dropping packages / or such things.

And as you can see from the OP signature, he runs an older CPU from 3.6 base takt to 4.7 all cores.......go figure....

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech