Sign in to follow this  
JU108

WT CJ4 remote FMC w/AAO

Thanks so much for the info was running it already via spacedesk with air manager bezel but this is so much better!

The only thing that is that the size is really small on my tablet, with my spacedesk / air manager fmc I have fullscreen!

sounds great. so the installation process will be:
1) install lorby AAO

2) download the WebAPI for the FMS - within that zip,move the zzz-... folder to the community folder

3) enter the IP on the tablet

And some files to the "Documents foder"

\Documents\LorbyAxisAndOhs Files\WebPages\wtcj4fmc

2.5 Move the wtcj4fmc folder into Documents/LorbyAxisAndOhs Files/WebPages

5. Make sure that you have access to port 9080 through your firewall

6. If you already have another app blocking port 9080  the port it must be changed (unless you can find and terminate tje othrr app) - in AAO, in the js file in the community package, and in the web link that you call

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

On 1/21/2022 at 8:54 PM, rob0203 said:

The only thing that is that the size is really small on my tablet, with my spacedesk / air manager fmc I have fullscreen!

You should be able to pinch-zoom it. Or change the size in the index.html. 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

to summarize the process for the CJ4 CDU/FMC:

1. download and install lorby AAO: https://axisandohs.weebly.com/downloads.html
  2. download the "WebAPI web server examples: buttons, gauge and FMC": https://axisandohs.weebly.com/downloads.html
  3. Run AAO once and then close it (no need to start the sim), in order to let the program create the folder in your documents folder ("Documents/LorbyAxisAndOhs Files/WebPages")
  4. Move the "wtcj4fmc" folder from the zip-File of #2 above, into "Documents/LorbyAxisAndOhs Files/WebPages"
  5. Make sure that you have access to port 9080 through your firewall
  6. If you already have another app blocking port 9080, the port must be changed (unless you can find and terminate the other app) - in AAO, in the js (json) file in the community package, and in the web link that you call
  7. Run the sim, Run lorby AAO
  8. call IP adress x.x.x.x on your external device to show up the FMC

hopefully last question:.... access the FMC via an external device like my tablet? which IP do i have to enter?

thanks

1 hour ago, r_flo15 said:

download and install lorby AAO: https://axisandohs.weebly.com/downloads.html

That is the time limited DEMO version, AAO is a payware app.

Please check out this DEMO first, to make sure that it works for you. Only then go and buy the app on SimMarket or JustFlight (see also the product description in the shop).

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, r_flo15 said:

which IP do i have to enter?

The address of your computer.

LORBY-SI

sorry!! but the installation process of above seems not to be working... i figured out, that there are several other steps needed, but still it isnt working. here is what i did:

1. download and install lorby AAO: https://axisandohs.weebly.com/downloads.html
  2. download the "WebAPI web server examples: buttons, gauge and FMC": https://axisandohs.weebly.com/downloads.html
  3. Run AAO once and then close it (no need to start the sim), in order to let the program create the folder in your documents folder ("Documents/LorbyAxisAndOhs Files/WebPages")
  4. Move the "wtcj4fmc" folder from the zip-File of #2 above, into "Documents/LorbyAxisAndOhs Files/WebPages"
  5. Drop the "zzz-lorbysi-aao-wtcj4fmc" folder from the zip-File of #2 into your own "Community" folder
  6. Start the sim, start AAO, connect it to the sim, load the aircraft
  7. call IP adress x.x.x.x on your external device to show up the FMCAddress to call in your browser: http://localhost:9080/webapi/wtcj4fmc/index.html - When calling the instrument from a remote computer, "localhost" must be replaced with the actual IP Address of the computer where AxisAndOhs is running

its still not working neither on the pc runnding the sim and AAO, nor on my external devivce (tablet within the same network).
when i go to Tools>Port settings for AAO addons, the "zzz-lorbysi-aao-wtcj4fmc" is showing up on the small window called "Web API definitions in associated modules"

@Lorby_SI could you please advise? do i need to "Run the API" somehow separately? thanks

oh and the green "LED" within AAO is green, and it says Cessna CJ4 Citation Asobo. I have the WT CJ4 v0.12.12 installed.

6. Start AAO using the "As Administrator" option. The WebAPI won't work otherwise (which you can see in the Tools menu - if "WebAPI Enabled" is greyed out and/or not checked, it is inactive).

But - please post support questions in the AAO support forum, this thread here is not the place. It is down in the commercial forums section. Make sure to include a more detailed description of your problem than "not working". There can be many forms of "not working" and I will need specifics to have an opinion about a possible cause.

• Like 1

LORBY-SI