Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Departure Airport in G1000 planner?

How do you enter the departure airport into the Phenom 300 G1000 planner?

I type EGCC and hit ENTER but it goes in as the first waypoint. In the next field down it shows the heading and distance from (blank) to EGCC. 😠

The software is either faulty or the process is very strange. I consider myself reasonably intelligent but just can’t fathom out how it works.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

71 views and no replies so I guess no one has the answer. I found another post by @robert young with the same problem but he fixed his by repositioning the CaraNavigraph 64.dll entry in the DLL.XML file.

I’ve tried that but no joy. I can see database info in the FMS system page and airports, waypoints and VORs are shown when building a flight plan but the problem of selecting a departure airport persists.

I’m out of ideas.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray:

I don't have the Phenom, but can offer a 'generic' suggestion.   I've had success with transplanting the G1000 with the GFC700 autopilot from the 172SP over to the T206H G1000.  I believe you mentioned somewhere that the PC-12 G1000 works OK,  so perhaps you could try changing the Phenom panel.cfg MFD entries to those from the PC-12.  If that works, you can then dig into the CAB files and transfer items such as engine parameters from the Phenom to the PC-12 xmls.  Good fun....

Wayne S

14 minutes ago, Ranger75 said:

I believe you mentioned somewhere that the PC-12 G1000 works OK,  so perhaps you could try changing the Phenom panel.cfg MFD entries to those from the PC-12. 

Hi Wayne, thanks for your post. The PC-12 doesn’t have a G1000. I have the Vertx DA62 which has it. I can’t imagine it would be possible to use that panel.cfg as it’s highly customised.

All I have available when I press Proc on the FMS is Select Approach. It’s infuriating because it’s not possible to create a flight plan with the Carenado supplied aircraft.

I can use Aivlasoft’s EFB so it’s not a show stopper but I hate things like this defeating me.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray.  Sorry I could not be of any assistance.  It does appear as if the 'Proc' section of the Phenom MFD xml/spb file may not be correct.  When I press 'Proc' in the 172SP G1000 MFD I get  an 'options' screen .  Perhaps someone knowledgeable on working with xml files would have ideas.  (Where's Bert P when you need him! hehehe)

WS

Hi @Ranger75, I appreciate you’re trying to help solve what is a very frustrating problem. The DLL supplied by Carenado is definitely being loaded but what I can’t know is this. When the Phemom 300 is running is there any indication of a database being loaded? Should I be seeing a progress bar?

Remember this is without the Navigraph addon pack. I’m not alone in having this problem as those with FSX and P3Dv5 also experienced it. Maybe a timing issue with other DLLs also being loaded.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi @Ranger75, I appreciate you’re trying to help solve what is a very frustrating problem. The DLL supplied by Carenado is definitely being loaded but what I can’t know is this. When the Phemom 300 is running is there any indication of a database being loaded? Should I be seeing a progress bar?

Remember this is without the Navigraph addon pack. I’m not alone in having this problem as those with FSX and P3Dv5 also experienced it. Maybe a timing issue with other DLLs also being loaded.

Hi Ray,

I wish I could help on this, but it was such a long time ago and I no longer have that sim installed, or of course, the aircraft. I do remember slaving away for frustrated hours fixing the problem, and I think at the time it was indeed something connected with the placement of the reference in the dll file, but that's all I can remember. Good luck!

Regards,

Robert

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Ray:

The Carenado G1000 has evolved over the years and although many complain about the limitations and faults, it is quite remarkable in what it can do - when it works.  An older version in the T206H G1000 Expansion pack uses default nav data.  Later versions found in the 172S and DA-62 are Navigraph. 

A look into MFDEMBP100VC.xml [from the spb file inside the DA-62 G1000 CAB] reveals some L: variables with names including  PC12, H850 and EMB505!  Clearly this thing has been continually 'updated'.  I don't know where the Phenom - with or without the Navigraph add-on, fits into this evolution.  Perhaps you could send an e-mail to Carenado with an explanation of your problem and make a request for the CAB files from the DA-62. 

Wayne  

@robert young and @Ranger75, yes, it was a positioning issue for you Robert and I tried that without success.

Wayne, I've raised a ticket with Carenado and supplied both dll.xml files as well as a screenshot showing the greyed out Proc window.

The P3Dv5 Fix they supply appears to add a Carenavigraphx64.dll entry to the dll.xml in Roaming. In ProgramData it doesn't have the x64 bit so two DLLs are being loaded. Whether that is correct or not I hope to find out from Carenado.

Let's see what they come back with.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have Carenavigraphx64.dll and Carenavigraph.dll files in the main FSX folder and 'Carenavigraph.dll' entry in the 'dll.xml'.  The x64 version is of no use to me of course.  Hopefully you're on to something and can get flying in your Phenom soon!

WS

WS, I’m struggling to understand the need for the 32-bit version in a 64-bit sim. Still awaiting a reply from Carenado.

It was interesting that the same blanked out entry exists for the Vertx DA62 G1000 planner. Just Select Approach was available. Most odd.

The problem is Vertx just give you a link to the real-world manual and following that was also unclear as to how you enter departure and arrival airports.

Frustrating. 🤨

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Carenado support have just replied saying the Navigraph Extension Pack is required in order for flight plans to be created with the G1000.

I replied saying no such requirement is shown on their website for that aircraft. I have requested a refund due to misleading information. Their reply should be interesting.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

Just curious, but, does your Phenom G1000 populate with the P3D flight plan as Bert Pieke indicated in a previous thread?

I just reloaded up my Phenom into P3D v5.3 to test...without the Navigraph expansion, my flight plan does populate the G1000. With the prepopulated flight plan (as you indicated you were looking for prior to purchase), it shouldn't really matter with the (known) flaky issues of the Carenado G1000 flight plan inputs. Am I missing something?

Rob

Rob, yes it does but it’s immaterial now as Carenado have agreed to a refund. The aircraft is lacking VNAV which is disappointing. Nothing like the G1000 unit in the Vertx DA62 which is only $10 more.

I was hesitant about buying it because I know Carenado are all about great visuals but fall down on functionality. I’ll stick with the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather