Sign in to follow this  
muffo

Map Display issues with OpenStreetMap and other maps

I have problem today with open street map, and the new maps recommended by Alex: osm-de, osme-fr and osm-tf outdoors. All with the same problem. See the photo below

spacer.png

no problem with other themes. How I can solve this?

Edited by muffo

Andrea Deplano

Hi there, I can confirm the fact that if u zoom too much IN the "white tile" appears. 

Cheers and thx for that great job u made Alex.

Long live to little navmap

Update: This is related to the hillshading.

The admin for the server providing the hillshading data decided to shut down the service without notice. I have to look for an alternative now.😦

Uncheck the button Show Hillshading on the toolbar or in menu "View" -> "Show Hillshading"

You can use OpenTopoMap or StamenTerrain map themes which do not require a separate hillshading source since it is included in the map images.

Or use these maps as an alternative:

Alex

Edited by albar965
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Hi, since redoing the BIOS for some reason things have changed. Why? Who knows? But, there are some map issues still bugging me. Please see screen shot. Why the numbers? Doesn't matter which map is used. I also installed the other maps as suggested and they are in the right directory but do not show up as options. Ideas would be helpful. Cheers CaptC!spacer.png

32 minutes ago, CaptCommendable said:

Hi, since redoing the BIOS for some reason things have changed. Why? Who knows? But, there are some map issues still bugging me. Please see screen shot. Why the numbers? Doesn't matter which map is used. I also installed the other maps as suggested and they are in the right directory but do not show up as options. Ideas would be helpful. Cheers CaptC!

MORA. Has certainly nothing to do with the BIOS. Check the map legend: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/LEGEND.html#mora-grid

You can switch this off in the view menu.

Other maps should show up in the drop down list in the toolbar is installed correctly. Did you restart LNM?

Alex

hi, thanks for reply. thanks for the MORA thing. I have restarted LNM and as far as I can tell the new maps are in the right directory (D:\LittleNavMap\Little Navmap\data\maps\earth) If I've messed up please let me know where, cheers CaptC!

6 minutes ago, CaptCommendable said:

hi, thanks for reply. thanks for the MORA thing. I have restarted LNM and as far as I can tell the new maps are in the right directory (D:\LittleNavMap\Little Navmap\data\maps\earth) If I've messed up please let me know where, cheers CaptC!

The place for the new maps looks ok. Are you sure you start the LNM from the right folder or maybe using an old link pointing to the wrong installation? Happens.

Alex

Aha! It seems the shortcut for the exe file that i was using was from the Download directory of LNM. So I deleted that and made a new one from the D drive directory. Viola! Many thanks for your patience. Cheers, CaptC!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaptCommendable said:

Hi, since redoing the BIOS for some reason things have changed. Why? Who knows? But, there are some map issues still bugging me. Please see screen shot. Why the numbers? Doesn't matter which map is used. I also installed the other maps as suggested and they are in the right directory but do not show up as options. Ideas would be helpful. Cheers CaptC!spacer.png

They are minimum safe altitude numbers 3.5= 3500 feet AMSL. They are a feature of real life VFR Charts

P.S. You can turn them off in view menu

Edited by Pathfinder633
  • Upvote 1

Hi,

is there a way to save a choosen view theme? When I start LNM I always get the broken map.

Thanks and kr

Joe