Sign in to follow this  
bobby456gt

FS2020 Carenado 337 Skymaster electrical problem

Hi, I recently installed the Carenado 337 in FS2020. 

After 30 or 40 minutes flying, all electrical things turns off, as in real life, alternator goes out. Have tried cycle Alt switch, Batt switch and nothing restores, all electrical stuff goes out like, gps, radios, lights, flaps, etc.

Any one having this problem? Any solutions?  

Not any failures programmed. 

Did you actually switch the alternator on? The battery will run down if not.

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Actually is getting worse... Yes I did, I did cycle the switches (ALT and BATT) and nothing worked. So I restart a flight and 40 min later did had the problem again. So trying everything, i was going to shut down the engine, so I cycle "L" to turn off-on all lights and all electrical things work again. 5 min later, (45 min total) all went off and when I hit "L" to turn off lights, now switches between lights on and gps, radio, flaps off... and pressing "L" lights off... gps, flaps, radios on... and so on.   

I'm not sure what you mean by 'cycle' the switches. Do you switch them on, then switch them off at some point. I'm at a loss.

EDIT: Another thought. Do you start the flight from cold & dark or on the runway ready to roll? And is there a difference in behaviour?

Edited by Ron Attwood

Bobby, did you get it solved? Call home, we're worried about you.

I am having the same identical issue that you are having.
After a night flight of 30 to 45 minutes I am getting a warning light followed by total electrical failure........no radios etc.
Both alternators are ON
Battery Switch is ON
Testing alternators to OFF, Ammeter shows correct discharge. Comes back as alternators are returned to ON
Tried the reset switch for the alternators. No joy there.

If you learn anything about this issue please let me know. I have a ticket in with Carenado. No answer as yet. I will advise you if they find something.
Dudley Henriques
Microsoft MVP 2006-2007
Flight Simulator

Dudley, is this with an add on livery perchance? Or is it with default paints?

Only with the 337. All others are normal.
I believe the alternators are not charging properly but can't be sure. First I get the warning light then the failure. You need a fairly long flight with panel lights and avionics on to get the issue; preferably a night flight. Takes about 30 or more minutes for it to happen.
If you want to replicate my flight it was starting at dusk from Pittsburg Intn'l to KILG in Delaware. It's about an hour flight. The issue happens about 45 minutes into the flight.

DH

Hi. I haven't had enough time to fly on the sim. But still having same issue as described by dhenriques.

I mean cycle the switch by clicking on off on off.... and I start on the runway ready to go. Haven't tried from cold & dark.

Edited by bobby456gt

My starts have all been as yours; from the end of the runway with the engines running.
By "cycling the switch" if you mean the alternator switches (there are two) I have done that as well as the reset switch. Nothing seems to help. On each flight after the aircraft is in the air for at least 30 minutes I first get a discharge warning light then after a few more minutes I get a total failure and lose all avionics.
Hope this data helps you.
DH