Sign in to follow this  
ozzieblr

MSFS blue line stalling while loading flight? SOLUTION!!

I understand many simpilots have experienced the same problem I had which resulted in being unable to fly with online functions turned on.  In some cases we were able to fly with particular aircraft with the online services - eg the PMDG DC-6 and the CRJ jets.  But in all other aircraft, loading a flight resulted in the simulator hanging with the blue line at approximately 75%.  After several months of flying without online scenery or photogrammetry, without live weather or traffic, etc., I stumbled across the solution!

I tried all the fixes suggested by Microsoft in their online 'help' section - without success.  Many of the comments I saw online included frustrated IT people who are much more familiar with computers than I am, so those of us who lack IT skills seemingly have no hope whatever!  I even uninstalled and reinstalled the simulator a couple of times.  After countless hours of frustration, this solution popped up in a forum I had not seen before.  It is the only suggestion to work for me, so I share it here in the hope it might help some other frustrated simpilot.

The problem is with your personal MSFS data saved in the cloud - possibly a corruption of a file.  To fix this issue, you need to delete your data saved to the cloud by the simulator.  This will delete your Microsoft Flight Simulator saved data and allow you to create a new cloud file.

If you too still have this problem, you might want to try the following:

1. Open the Microsoft Store.  Click on the Three Dots menu and/or find then click SETTINGS.

2. In Settings, make sure your OFFLINE PERMISSIONS is set to ON.  If it already is set to ON, there is no need to alter it.

3. Start Microsoft Flight Simulator, and once you’re at the main menu, disconnect your computer from the internet - this may simply mean unplugging the network cable, or it may require you to turn off your computer's WiFi or select Aeroplane mode.  

4. Quit the simulator to the desktop.

5. Copy and paste your LocalCache and LocalState folders on your Desktop or some other safe place.  Those folders are located by default here (OneStore version):

C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
   C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

6. Then head to your Windows Settings → Storage → Apps & games → Microsoft Flight Simulator → Advanced Options -->and select the RESET button.

7. Once done, move the saved folders from your saved location back to C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\

8. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator again.  Select an aircraft, departure airport, destination airport, and launch a flight.

9. Once the flight has loaded, reconnect your PC to the internet by plugging the cable back in, turning on WiFi, or turning off Aeroplane mode.

10. Immediately you can see your computer is reconnected to the internet, quit Microsoft Flight Simulator without flying the flight.

11. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator again and all should be good!

NB: As the simulator launches, you may be prompted to pick a saved profile - YOU NEED TO SELECT “LOCAL” for this time only. This will direct the simulator to the LocalCache and LocalState data you saved and later returned to the original folders, rather than the corrupted data in the cloud.  Once the sim loads it will use this data and save it to the cloud when you next shut down.  For any future such request (unlikely), you can select “Cloud”.

• Like 1

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

Seems to me a good solution, because I have problems, starting sometimes a flight and I face corrupted files in my MSFS (some pink areas in scenery-textures are appearing after loading the flight). But what is happening with the settings of my joystick? In my SIM there are different settings for my Thrustmaster TCA officers  pack plus two quadrants. Are they lost after this action? It would be a lot of work to get all this settings working again.