Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG Update: PMDG 737 now "unstuck" after talks with Asobo

6 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

although that is very good news, however, the development of PMDG 737 sometimes feels like an annoying drama with multiple seasons lol

Tune in for PMDG's latest soap opera 'Randazzo street'. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, simon747 said:

I am happy with getting into the simulator at a good level and adding more functionality as the sim progress more and more functionality will evolve over time.  

That's not the PMDG way and there's no way they are going to jeopardise their reputation until the sim is stable.

• Like 1

ngxu_banner.png

1 hour ago, Keirtt said:

I'm going to add my two cents to this. First and most importantly, I'm going to correct his post by adding the following statement that he should have included!

"TO THE COMMUNITY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR ONGOING SUPPORT AND PUSH TO HELP FORWARD OUR AGENDA. WITHOUT YOU, THIS ISSUE MAY HAVE CONTINUED TO PLAGUE THIS AIRCRAFT. WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR THE HELP GETTING THIS TO THE TOP OF THE PRIORITY LIST"

While I appreciate everything Randazzo wrote in his post, I'm disappointed that the community wasn't given any credit for helping move this. We were the squeaky wheel here and generated the necessary buzz to get this moving. I'm also cautiously optimistic about the ongoing issues he discusses. When he comments about his "worry list" it makes me think we are almost guaranteed something else to be a "show stopper". I'm excited like everyone else and I completely support PMDG, but lately I feel like the community has been jerked around with these hot/cold posts. So hopefully I can keep my glass half full going forward and maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised with some more positive information in the upcoming weeks.

What in the actual hell? How in the world did you come up with this? 

• Like 5

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

3 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Yup.  I think it's in Microsoft/Asobo's best interest to have PMDG and other study level planes in MSFS.  This is why Microsoft brought on PMDG as an official partner in the Twitch Q&A about one or or two months ago.  

However, probably some key Asobo employees that could fix the "show stopping" problem for PMDG were gone for the Christmas holidays.  And then after they returned in the new year, SU8 was also a high priority for those Asobo employees that could fix this problem for PMDG.

Nevertheless, it seems Asobo made time to sit down with PMDG.  I never doubted that PMDG would get what they wanted from Asobo, it was just when they would get it, because PMDG is a first class partner for Microsoft/Asobo.  Compare this to other 3rd party devs who are way down the pecking order compared to PMDG - those 3rd party devs may never get what they want from Microsoft/Asobo, no matter how long they wait.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

15 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I'm a bit confused by your reply, but I'll see if I can clarify this for you. Maybe you weren't in the loop with the past 7 days of drama and the bomb shell that Randazzo dropped about this ongoing 100 day issue and show stopper. Randazzo casually replied to a user on their official forums that his team was frustrated, demoralized and this issue caused a significant impact to their enthusiasm. The community exploded. I won't link every thread and post, but if you do some searching you'll see on AVSIM, PMDG forums, and the MSFS official forums this has been a heated topic. The top voted item for the next Dev Q&A is called, "What is the status of sim functionality for complex airliners". 

It was because of the immediate responses from the community that a forum CM from the MSFS official forums reached out to Randazzo on his own forums. Randazzo said himself he reached out to Asobo weekly over the past 100 days to have this issue resolved without any luck. The community shook enough trees and raised enough pitch forks that Asobo responded and within a few days this problem is now resolved per Randazzo. After reading the post made by Randazzo this morning, I would've thought the community would receive some appreciation for making some waves and I would argue with anyone that our persistence is the direct result of why this issue was resolved. Whether Randazzo planned to use us against Asobo or not, it worked. 

I can only assume your comments were related to that part of my post and why I thought we deserved some appreciation. The remaining part of my post is pretty self explanatory. Unless you care to elaborate more, I'm not sure how much better of an explanation I can provide you.

spacer.png

Edited by Keirtt
  • Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

17 minutes ago, Keirtt said:

I'm a bit confused by your reply, but I'll see if I can clarify this for you. Maybe you weren't in the loop with the past 7 days of drama and the bomb shell that Randazzo dropped about this ongoing 100 day issue and show stopper. Randazzo casually replied to a user on their official forums that his team was frustrated, demoralized and this issue caused a significant impact to their enthusiasm. The community exploded. I won't link every thread and post, but if you do some searching you'll see on AVSIM, PMDG forums, and the MSFS official forums this has been a heated topic. The top voted item for the next Dev Q&A is called, "What is the status of sim functionality for complex airliners". 

It was because of the immediate responses from the community that a forum CM from the MSFS official forums reached out to Randazzo on his own forums. Randazzo said himself he reached out to Asobo weekly over the past 100 days to have this issue resolved without any luck. The community shook enough trees and raised enough pitch forks that Asobo responded and within a few days this problem is now resolved per Randazzo. After reading the post made by Randazzo this morning, I would've thought the community would receive some appreciation for making some waves and I would argue with anyone that our persistence is the direct result of why this issue was resolved. Whether Randazzo planned to use us against Asobo or not, it worked. 

I can only assume your comments were related to that part of my post and why I thought we deserved some appreciation. The remaining part of my post is pretty self explanatory. Unless you care to elaborate more, I'm not sure how much better of an explanation I can provide you.

spacer.png

I still dont understand how you can jump to the definitive conclusion that asobo only talked to PMDG because of the community. 

could it have been that asobo finally had time to do it and they talked to PMDG under their own volition?

• Like 4

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

14 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I still dont understand how you can jump to the definitive conclusion that asobo only talked to PMDG because of the community. 

could it have been that asobo finally had time to do it and they talked to PMDG under their own volition?

To your point then, you're right, I can't "definitively" say it was, but if we are using that logic, than you can't definitively say it wasn't either. I'm trying to use simple reasoning here. The facts are this.... Randazzo stated Asobo had been ignoring him and nothing had been resolved within 100 days. After the community went up in arms, the issue resolved itself within a few days. Coincidence? Possibly, but I doubt it. Again, you have to remember that a CM from the MSFS forums had to go out and publicly reach out on their PMDG forums. I can't definitively say anything, but no one can.... but I'm still going to voice my two cents on the matter and now you have it. You don't have to agree with me on anything, but I think you'd be kidding yourself to not atleast agree that's interesting timing.

Edited by Keirtt
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

although that is very good news, however, the development of PMDG 737 sometimes feels like an annoying drama with multiple seasons lol

It is a bunch of drama and in my opinion best to ignore it.  Also @teletom it's probably more like a few months away but we'll see...

Sometimes the cynic in me thinks this is manufactured hoopla to generate publicity.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

10 minutes ago, Mace said:

Sometimes the cynic in me thinks this is manufactured hoopla to generate publicity.

This week on Randazzo street...

That is exactly what it is. Get the public as excited as possible to generate as much day one revenue as possible. Folks will be tripping over themselves entering their credit card information to get their hands on this product. Good for PMDG to play it like that - the devs need paying for what they did. Lots of hungry mouths to feed.

I kinda lost interest in PMDG, this is getting old.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

30 minutes ago, Mace said:

Also @teletom it's probably more like a few months away but we'll see...

I'm sure PMDG used the time where they coudn't proceed with this "one issue" they had (according to them) wisely and already tested the "working" rest of the plane thoroughly.
So I guess/hope it will be not too long ....

Edited by teletom
  • Like 1

Nvidia 4090 | AMD 5950X | 128GB DDR4 3200 | LG C1 48"
TCA Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo | TPR Rudders | Stream Deck XL | Tobii 5

Man. With every PMDG post all you get here is negativity and people crying. 

It’s so depressing to be here. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Although there is no question this will be a day one purchase, I’m really happy msfs brought back the love of GA flying for me which no other sim was able to do, makes it so much easier to be patient and really not bothered whether it’s available this month or 6 months time, but when it is available I’ll be picking it up!

• Like 6

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

19 minutes ago, RICHUK said:

This week on Randazzo street...

That is exactly what it is. Get the public as excited as possible to generate as much day one revenue as possible. Folks will be tripping over themselves entering their credit card information to get their hands on this product. Good for PMDG to play it like that - the devs need paying for what they did. Lots of hungry mouths to feed.

Have you ever been unhappy with a PMDG product?

Yeah. PMDG is all about getting the first dollar and then will do nothing for the customer. 
My gosh. 

• Like 2

I don’t trust Randazzo even when he says that it’s daylight outside. I like their software, been a customer over a decade but I learned not to trust them and their public posts. 

• Upvote 3

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q