Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG Update: PMDG 737 now "unstuck" after talks with Asobo

2 minutes ago, MySound said:

Have you ever been unhappy with a PMDG product?

Yeah. PMDG is all about getting the first dollar and then will do nothing for the customer. 
My gosh. 

Wow. Totally getting the wrong end of the stick in your haste to try and prove me wrong. I never said they are all about getting money and then having nothing to do with the customer. I have always been happy with PMDG products. Never said different. Maybe stop and think before posting. My gosh.

4 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

I don’t trust Randazzo even when he says that it’s daylight outside. I like their software, been a customer over a decade but I learned not to trust them and their public posts. 

Same here. I am just waiting until you can really download it. Everything else - I just ignore. 
But some here act like Randazzo personally told them to…… yeah. You know it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MySound said:

Man. With every PMDG post all you get here is negativity and people crying. 

It’s so depressing to be here. 

What negativity and what people crying?   

If commentary and opinion are "depressing" to you, there are options, like the little "X" in the upper right-hand corner of the browser window.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Just now, Mace said:

What negativity and what people crying?   

If commentary and opinion are "depressing" to you, there are options, like the little "X" in the upper right-hand corner of the browser window.

Agreed - 100%. Even the posts I don't like I understand people are only expressing their opinions which is a huge part of why this forum even exists.

• Like 4

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

38 minutes ago, Mace said:

It is a bunch of drama and in my opinion best to ignore it.  Also @teletom it's probably more like a few months away but we'll see...

Sometimes the cynic in me thinks this is manufactured hoopla to generate publicity.

Trust me i'm slowly getting there too in terms of cynicism. If you need the community help in getting attention brought to an issue fine. But the tedious updates plus the Americanized version of "Ron"speak (F1 people will know what that is)  ... i can do without..

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

2 minutes ago, Keirtt said:

Agreed - 100%. Even the posts I don't like I understand people are only expressing their opinions which is a huge part of why this forum even exists.

Here's the thing to me...PMDG's stuff just /works/.  I don't have to second-guess "oh, should I wait a few weeks to buy etc. etc.".  

I think that is a fairly positive comment.

The only time I recall something of PMDG that was a serious problem was the LNAV upper-wind issue with the MD-11, but that was looong ago and really wasn't entirely PMDG's doing.

But at the same time I am also realistic about the public-relations stuff that goes on.  It's cool, I get it.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Could anyone please post last picture from pmdg forum? Thanks. 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

1 minute ago, rutra said:

Could anyone please post last picture from pmdg forum? Thanks. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

The longevity of this edition of MSFS depends on PMDG (and others) being in the simulator at their full capacity. Asobo is a business and they are fully aware of the benefits from addon developers that have a big following. Without PMDG and their closest competitors, MSFS will not have the sustainability to continue on for years to come, it would more than likely fade. The end of the day, it's all about selling copies of this simulator, selling Xbox Gamepass, getting more people into the Xbox metaverse.

Asobo and Microsoft will do everything in their power to make sure this happens. Rest assured and with a little patience, we will have this bird, and many more.

• Like 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Imagine being a sofware dev and the AVSIM guys being your customers.

Could be the story of the next Blackmirror episode. Straight from hell.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Keirtt said:

To your point then, you're right, I can't "definitively" say it was, but if we are using that logic, than you can't definitively say it wasn't either. I'm trying to use simple reasoning here. The facts are this.... Randazzo stated Asobo had been ignoring him and nothing had been resolved within 100 days. After the community went up in arms, the issue resolved itself within a few days. Coincidence? Possibly, but I doubt it. Again, you have to remember that a CM from the MSFS forums had to go out and publicly reach out on their PMDG forums. I can't definitively say anything, but no one can.... but I'm still going to voice my two cents on the matter and now you have it. You don't have to agree with me on anything, but I think you'd be kidding yourself to not atleast agree that's interesting timing.

I think its great that you have an opinion as well as the courage to share said opinion.

i agree that the timing of everything is peculiar. Ill give that to you.

anyways, im glad that whatever was so broken got fixed.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

2 hours ago, ailchim said:

That's not the PMDG way and there's no way they are going to jeopardise their reputation until the sim is stable.

Well, certain things in the simulator itself don't work 100% yet, and Asobo add and change things with updates; so PMDG may have a slightly different approach to the initial release of the 737 with this program as there are some limitations still.  I will be happy with 737 regardless, the FS world is alot bigger now.

• Like 1

Simon

1 hour ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

I’m really happy msfs brought back the love of GA flying for me which no other sim was able to do

I was champing at the bit for 737 from PMDG but since building a new rig and losing myself in VR I have rediscovered my love for GA flying. Like you say happy to wait until they get it right for release. 

• Like 3

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

58 minutes ago, Alaska738 said:

Finally great news! 

Three words. No negativity. No doubts or maybes. I love and agree with: "Finally great news!"

United001

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes.