Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG Update: PMDG 737 now "unstuck" after talks with Asobo

18 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

i agree that the timing of everything is peculiar. Ill give that to you.

IMO, the timing is within reason though because of the Christmas holidays.  I believe that Randazzo said PMDG is talking to multiple people (and therefore, multiple teams) at Asobo.  It's entirely reasonable that one team had several requests from PMDG, and probably worked on several of those requests from PMDG, but didn't get around to fixing one particular request from PMDG.  These teams in Asobo also have other priorities, such as SU7, then the beta patch after SU7, then the hotfix released for SU7 after the new year, and then SU8.

And then of course, the Christmas holidays came. This article here says that the average French worker has 30 days of paid vacation a year.  As I am a Canadian, I can tell you that in Canada, most Canadian workers don't get anything close to 30 days of paid vacation a year.  Canadians, on average, get 10 paid vacation days a year.

So if the average French worker gets 30 days of paid vacation a year, and because of the Christmas holidays and New Years, the developer(s) at Asobo that knows how to fix PMDG's problem happened to take the majority of those vacation days during the Christmas holiday and perhaps their holiday extended into the new year, and also had one outstanding request from PMDG that they didn't resolve before going on vacation, it's entirely reasonable that PMDG didn't get a response on this one particular issue until that person came back from holidays.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

9 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

IMO, the timing is within reason though because of the Christmas holidays.  I believe that Randazzo said PMDG is talking to multiple people (and therefore, multiple teams) at Asobo.  It's entirely reasonable that one team had several requests from PMDG, and probably worked on several of those requests from PMDG, but didn't get around to fixing one particular request from PMDG.  These teams in Asobo also have other priorities, such as SU7, then the beta patch after SU7, then the hotfix released for SU7 after the new year, and then SU8.

And then of course, the Christmas holidays came. This article here says that the average French worker has 30 days of paid vacation a year.  As I am a Canadian, I can tell you that in Canada, most Canadian workers don't get anything close to 30 days of paid vacation a year.  Canadians, on average, get 10 paid vacation days a year.

So if the average French worker gets 30 days of paid vacation a year, and because of the Christmas holidays and New Years, the developer(s) at Asobo that knows how to fix PMDG's problem happened to take the majority of those vacation days during the Christmas holiday and perhaps their holiday extended into the new year, and also had one outstanding request from PMDG that they didn't resolve before going on vacation, it's entirely reasonable that PMDG didn't get a response on this one particular issue until that person came back from holidays.

Not to wrinkle your theory, but Randazzo commented about this 100 days of no response from Asobo on January 17th. That would put the original problem back into October. Plenty of other things have happened over the holidays from both sides. I don't personally feel the holidays are what prevented Asobo from at a minimum, replying to Randazzo. Admittedly, I'm going by his words which clearly stated he was ignored for 100 days and required him to follow up each week. I'm not saying your idea isn't feasible, but not likely imo. I still stand by the fact that the community backlash and CM follow up on their forums is what moved this along. Lets not forget that Matt from WT even chimed in and said he would bring the attention of this matter to the team.

Edited by Keirtt

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

Guys- Its be come more and more ovious that MSFS is still very much in alpha/ beta development. Reality is, its unlikely we will see anything complex( I hesitate using the word study- level after Hot Start truly has defined it ) for quite sometime. Fenix simulations, Maddog, FSL, have all gone silent on anything to do with Development for MSFS. So hold your hats and realize that this is going to have many bumps... even more so after a release. 

• Like 2

Peter Osborn

9 minutes ago, Keirtt said:

Not to wrinkle your theory, but Randazzo commented about this 100 days of no response from Asobo on January 17th. That would put the original problem back into October. Plenty of other things have happened over the holidays from both sides.

Yes, but remember that organizations are very complex, and that teams within these organizations have different priorities, and different tasks given to them.  Typically, software developers and their teams will juggle these priorities and tasks.  I mentioned that a specific team can be dealing with multiple tasks for PMDG, and could have completed all of these tasks for PMDG, except for one task, before the key person for this team that could complete this task, went on Christmas vacation (and remember, French workers get on average, 30 days of paid vacation a year).

Christmas holidays is celebrated differently world wide.  As a Canadian, I'm not one to comment or criticize how the French celebrate their Christmas holidays, or how they spend their 30 days of paid vacation.  Knowing that French workers get 30 days of paid vacation on average though, it is understandable if the key person at Asobo that could fix the problem, did go on an extended Christmas vacation at a time when PMDG needed that one person to resolve their problem. 

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

8 minutes ago, CapnOz said:

I hesitate using the word study- level after Hot Start truly has defined it

There is more real simulation on the Pitot covers on that plane with the V.1.1 update than there is in many sims.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, a321 said:

There is more real simulation on the Pitot covers on that plane with the V.1.1 update than there is in many sims.

I desperately need hot start to come to MSFS.

Or maybe a super collab between Hot Start, Leonardo, FenixSim, and A2A. Would that be "super study level"? 😂

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

31 minutes ago, Farlis said:

So I can probably expect my 737-800 in May. 😉

I wouldnt expect anything anytime soon. But you never know! It maybe un-stuck, but he said there is a worry list which they are yet to get too! So the drama may or may not continue!

14 hours ago, Farlis said:

So I can probably expect my 737-800 in May. 😉

It's my impression that even the 700 might be a month or two away. PMDG are in no hurry since they're already playing with it. 😆

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

18 hours ago, Mace said:

It is a bunch of drama and in my opinion best to ignore it.  Also @teletom it's probably more like a few months away but we'll see...

Sometimes the cynic in me thinks this is manufactured hoopla to generate publicity.

Come on, you've been around the block, of course it is.

8 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Do we know exactly what the issue was that held up production at PMDG? Was it that dangly bit at the tail..?

I heard it was that the toilet wasn’t flushing in the cabin model. 

• Like 1

The one thing he didn't actually say was that Asobo had to "fix" something. He mentioned that the scale of the project was one of the biggest so far.

Tanslation. PMDG reported the issue in October. Asobo investigated and scratched their heads for a while wondering why it was an issue since everything was working okay. After the holidays, they managed to get a pow-wow (maybe a coincidence on the timing, maybe RR's rant got the door open, little to no chance community noise was responsible). RR leaves pow wow with advice on how to proceed, and all is well. 

Shakespeare strikes again. Much Ado About Nothing

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

🍿 great speculation topic 🍺

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0