Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG Update: PMDG 737 now "unstuck" after talks with Asobo

3 minutes ago, Jon123 said:

11 pages, So what is the conclusion to this post.

Thanks

PMDG 737 will be available at some point this year

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

16 hours ago, threegreen said:

How do we know they didn't read the manuals?

Because multiple other devs solved the same issue by reading the manuals. 

7 hours ago, GSalden said:

Asobo needs to enhance the SDK/Simconnect to more than what it is now to give good support for complex aircraft.

What is missing? You seem to repeat this statement many times, but are you able to tell exactly for what functionality simconnect is lacking?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mrueedi said:

Because multiple other devs solved the same issue by reading the manuals.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I understand the documentation is a very important part of an SDK so you know what to do and how. If PMDG didn't read the documentation, I would assume they wouldn't be able to build a complex airliner at all.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

30 minutes ago, threegreen said:

If PMDG didn't read the documentation

I really doubt it's that simple or are you saying they Can't read?.

10 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Without IcemanFBW, other devs from the FBW team, and other devs from the Working Title team correcting this misinformation, we would still misunderstand the capabilities of the MSFS SDK today.

This.

I find it hilarious when I read posts like this one in that other thread.

There are plenty of people around here who have actual knowledge of the sim, and talent with it; who have put out products that demonstrate that knowledge; who are respected members of the community; and who freely share their experience here.  Not just the folks from Working Title and FBW who have been mentioned, but also people like @leprechaunlive who has already released several successful planes for the platform and frequently comments here.  And you will often find them in threads like that pointing out how the nattering nabobs of negativity are wrong, mistaken, or otherwise not telling the full story, either through ignorance or malice.  Since Aerosoft was mentioned... in one of the Twotter threads there were plane developers in the thread saying that Aerosoft's "the Xbox can't animate trim knobs" line was bullpucky and that folks shouldn't believe it;  @leprechaunlivewas one of them.

Whether you choose to believe them, or you believe the ones who seem to be struggling to actually deliver things for the sim for one reason or another -- and when they do sometimes seem to do it only grudgingly, complaining the whole time -- is up to you.   But the knowledge is out there.  Ignorance is a choice.

Edited by DeepestRed
  • Like 3

The people's flag is deepest red.

33 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I understand the documentation is a very important part of an SDK so you know what to do and how. If PMDG didn't read the documentation, I would assume they wouldn't be able to build a complex airliner at all.

I am the developer of this app, and I remember that finding out how to determine the moment when sim was finished loading, was a "hard task". The solution itself is very easy. But finding the solution required a lot of reading, also from other sources like fsdeveloper.com and also a fair bit of trial and error.

Other devs, including me surely failed to accomplished other things the first time, PMDG now had an issue with this question. The PR comment was a bit too much drama but what actually happened is hardly newsworthy and daily business.

So I am confident, that PMDG is reading a lot of documentation and  that they are perfectly able to build a complex airliner (though the 737 is not a complex airliner, it is the most simple and basic airliner currently produced).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mrueedi said:

I am the developer of this app, and I remember that finding out how to determine the moment when sim was finished loading, was a "hard task". The solution itself is very easy. But finding the solution required a lot of reading, also from other sources like fsdeveloper.com and also a fair bit of trial and error.

Other devs, including me surely failed to accomplished other things the first time, PMDG now had an issue with this question. The PR comment was a bit too much drama but what actually happened is hardly newsworthy and daily business.

So I am confident, that PMDG is reading a lot of documentation and  that they are perfectly able to build a complex airliner (though the 737 is not a complex airliner, it is the most simple and basic airliner currently produced).

this is true. Its very VERY often that we have to find roundabout ways of doing things, or dive very deep into the docs to figure out whats going on. So i dont really blame them when they go "cant figure it out on my own, i'll ask asobo". We do it daily, and we receive answers daily, sometimes in the middle of the night, when really, the asobos dev should be sleeping or enjoying some rest lol. But yet, some are still here to help. Hence why i never bought into the "no reply for months" drama. 

PMDG is working on the boundaries of the sim, where often, no one really knows if its gonna work. so yes, there must be a ton of trials and errors. Do they have to throw asobo under the bus because of it, not so sure.

Now regarding Aerosoft, well this is simpler, it was total BS, no excuses lol.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Do they have to throw asobo under the bus because of it, not so sure.

And this was the only real problem with the situation: the utter unprofessionalism, especially for someone just announced as a partner. Especially for someone who says they're in contact with Jorg, the head of MSFS. Well, go to him, not your followers on your forum, with borderline childish, purposely vague, misleading waffle.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, March Hare said:

borderline childish

On this episode of "Randazzo Street" 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mrueedi said:

Which 737 are you referring to ?

100 ? 200 ? ……… 800 ? 900 ? Max ?

if you generalize the 737 then you are missing something . Or have you read all SOPs and  understand them and know how to fly all of them according to them ?

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, crimplene said:

nice!

Thanks!   Can't take credit for it, though. 

It's a great phrase to drop now and then, and applies well to folks around here sometimes.   😄

Edited by DeepestRed
  • Like 1

The people's flag is deepest red.

16 hours ago, Greazer said:

This thread has come to the end.

Agree.

Problem has been solved so let’s move on.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator