Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG Update: PMDG 737 now "unstuck" after talks with Asobo

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

FYI : I already fly a study level ac in MSFS since January 2021….

Imho PMDG is not the first, but they surely might help with pushing Asobo to enhance the SDK/Simconnect.

Which one is that?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

On 1/23/2022 at 8:41 AM, omarsmak30 said:

although that is very good news, however, the development of PMDG 737 sometimes feels like an annoying drama with multiple seasons lol

That's just typical PMDG. Announce products or product updates and then wait 5 years or more for them to show up. GFO, LNAV, 777 VC, the list goes on and on. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

https://prosim-ar.com

Is  EASA FTD 1 & FNPT II / FAA Level 4 & 5 certificated good enough for you ✈️

But it is not in MSFS yet? At least make that clear. if this is the Fenix bus then it is not out! so no point in saying it is or you fly it...So what the rest of us dont, we have no idea what state it is in. It is an external system, not done in MSFS and I bet they are having a great time getting the data in and out of MSFS. 

This is standalone as they say on the site!

Edited by a321

3 hours ago, B777ER said:

That's just typical PMDG. Announce products or product updates and then wait 5 years or more for them to show up. GFO, LNAV, 777 VC, the list goes on and on. 

Seriously. GFO was the most frustrating thing I let myself get excited for from PMDG.. definitely learned to take RSRs updates with a grain of sea salt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a321 said:

But it is not in MSFS yet? At least make that clear. if this is the Fenix bus then it is not out! so no point in saying it is or you fly it...So what the rest of us dont, we have no idea what state it is in. It is an external system, not done in MSFS and I bet they are having a great time getting the data in and out of MSFS. 

This is standalone as they say on the site!

This is the Prosim 737-800 Cockpit Suite :

This is for cockpit builders and used in Flightsim trainers.

There is a flightmodel with liveries and 2D panels for everyone who has not a complete hardware cockpit.

Price : € 1500 + VAT ……….

- - - 

But let’s go back to PMDG

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

9 minutes ago, GSalden said:

This is the Prosim 737-800 Cockpit Suite :

This is for cockpit builders and used in Flightsim trainers.

There is a flightmodel with liveries and 2D panels for everyone who has not a complete hardware cockpit.

Price : € 1500 + VAT ……….

- - - 

But let’s go back to PMDG

That is much cheaper than I thought. I paid more for the for the G1000. Not sure why I was expecting it to be more. Anyway..PMDG...yes..

32 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

So I ask again: What was the issue that held up production over at PMDG that now has been resolved? 

None of us will ever know. PMDG has been very careful not to outright say what it was.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

46 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

So I ask again: What was the issue that held up production over at PMDG that now has been resolved? 

Nobody really knows but the Boeing testing package is installed as a tribute to continued forward progress.  https://fselite.net/content/pmdg-now-unstuck-with-development-issues-with-the-737-for-msfs/

PMDG-737-FOR-MSFS.jpg?auto=compress,form

Edited by Viper714
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 4:59 AM, RICHUK said:

It is the soap opera 'Randazzo street'. New episode every week. The Christmas special proved popular with folks discussing Christmas vacation differences in different countries.

As The Robert Turns

• Like 1

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

On 1/24/2022 at 9:34 PM, Andreas Stangenes said:

Something they were not very eager to talk about in the over 4 announcements in a few weeks they did 😛

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

On 1/24/2022 at 2:29 PM, abrams_tank said:

This excludes projects that don't plant to release on the X-Box like the Fenix A320.  It appears if the 3rd party dev does not plan to release on X-Box, they can use an architecture like Fenix, where most of the systems are simulated in an external process, rather than interfacing with the MSFS SDK.

... which makes me wonder what implications developing without external processes might have. I do not intend to go too far with the speculation here, but since many aspects of addon aircraft from the likes of PMDG, FSL, etc. rely on external processes to overcome limitations of the sim platform, I think it's a valid question.

For example, PMDG use external processes to model the taxi and engine behavior realistically. iFly do not use external processes (at least not in this regard according to the developer) and thus their 737 for P3D uses the unrealistic P3D friction model and engine spool behavior. With all the talk about the SDK and having read something about ground model deficits in MSFS I wonder if developing with the Xbox in mind might come with some limitations or if the SDK supports these aspects realistically or if PMDG are able to utilize external processes for the PC version and limit only the Xbox version somewhat within this constraint.

We'll know when we see it, but it's worrying me a little bit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

So what I’ve gathered from the latest qna is, Randazzo is being a whiny drama queen like we all had anticipated.

Seb explained that the issue was not really an issue but rather a miscommunication as it was an extremely simple fix. Randazzo touted this issue as being a platform wide issue that held their development for months. 

Jorg mentioned that PMDG has direct discord access with the SDK team, and that they literally talk everyday. For Randazzo to come out and say they’ve been ignored for months was laughable.

Jorg ended by saying ‘he stands up for the SDK team’ as they’ve been trying to do their best to not only improve the SDK but also be as accommodating as possible to third party devs.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

Miscommunication. The cornerstone of internet-based interaction. Something that can take two minutes in person taking dozens of back and forth typing sessions. 

word not allowed I miss those times. 

Edited by OneOfMany
Clarification. What else?