Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Time to start talking about the Kodiak 100 on Floats

SWS released a Roadmap for 2022 a few days ago.  The part about the  Kodiak100 Floatplane Model is:

Sticking with the Kodiak, SimWorks Studios confirmed that work on the floatplane model is coming along well. Currently, the only work remaining is to code the gear warning lights and re-work the sound set for hydroplaning. Providing that nothing happens in that time, the floatplane model of the Kodiak should be out in February. Alongside the float variant, a new update for the original Kodiak will also be released.

• Like 2

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Does anyone know, and apologies if this has already been said, if the float upgrade is free with original purchase? 

1 hour ago, Bdub22 said:

Does anyone know, and apologies if this has already been said, if the float upgrade is free with original purchase? 

No it will be a smaller cost...maybe like 15-20 USD?

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

8 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

It cost around €15 and is independent from the original-

• Like 1

A fair price considering it's independent from the original. I bought the original version, and will certainly be adding this to my hangar.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

3 hours ago, Car147 said:

A fair price considering it's independent from the original. I bought the original version, and will certainly be adding this to my hangar.

Agreed that it’s a fair price, I was skeptical at first with the Kodiak in thinking it’s similar to the caravan, but after getting it there is a real “feel” to it when sitting inside, will be adding the float version for sure!

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

There are certainly enough destinations available in MSFS for both the Wheeled version and a Float version.  Amphib floats increase the utility a tremendous amount.  We should still be able to visit most grass strips if we touch down like a butterfly. The view out the windscreen of the two versions will be totally different.  One pilot comment is the eye height in the Floatplane is about the same as a Boeing 727.

Ray

• Like 2

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Edit - see above 🙂

Edited by St Mawgan

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

6 minutes ago, joca133 said:

Any updates on this? Thinking about buying it for the floats.

From their Discord:

After learning that SU10 will be delayed, we also decided to postpone the release of the wheeled Kodiak patch and potential release of the amphibian. The reason for that is integration of the WT G1000NXi. While there is a version of it available in the Marketplace, it will be a one-off and won't be updated again. So if we released as-is to be compatible with both SU9 and SU10, we would have to make another update at some point just to change from the Marketplace to the default NXi -that's a 4GB update for a few kB of one panel.cfg file. Therefore, in the interest of everyone's sanity, updates/releases of the new Kodiaks will be released AFTER SU10 is out and we've tested them in it to make sure everything works. We think that's good news, as more attention is being put into the sim and probably fewer problems will come to us -hopefully!

• Like 3

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

On 8/20/2022 at 11:33 AM, Zangoose said:

From their Discord:

Sounds fair to me. From my side it may also be a good idea to hold off any purchases until I find out FS still works after SU10.