Sign in to follow this  
Rob G

Question about Bijan 4 seasons automatic

I have a question about the installation of the new version. I know it has to reside in the actual Community folder (for now). I ran the .exe file and it installed the correct seasons for now. But my question is: how much of that unzipped install folder do I have to put in the Community folder in order for the seasons to change automatically? Is it just the season folders? 

Thanks

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

If you use the automatic feature there is nothing you need to move manually, just press the auto season button..  The correct seasons will be copied to the Community folder automatically every 45 days.

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

If you use the automatic feature there is nothing you need to move manually, just press the auto season button..  The correct seasons will be copied to the Community folder automatically every 45 days.

From where? Do I put the whole folder that was unzipped in the Community folder? Do I take the files out of that folder and put them in the Community folder?

Thanks, sorry I am confused

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

11 minutes ago, Rob G said:

From where? Do I put the whole folder that was unzipped in the Community folder? Do I take the files out of that folder and put them in the Community folder?

Thanks, sorry I am confused

No, the Bijan folder should be unzipped into its own folder, not into the MSFS folder.  Click the exe file and when it opens you will need to put the path to the Community folder at the top.  Click the  Auto Season Button and the correct season folder will be copied to the community folder.  From then on, the correct season will be copied to the community folder every 45 days with no action required by yourself.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

7 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

From then on, the correct season will be copied to the community folder every 45 days with no action required by yourself.

I didn't think the auto season select was that automatic yet, since the app doesn't yet remember the path to your Community folder, So at the present you would still need to go back every few months or whenever the season changes to manually click the auto-season  button or manually select your season. Or so I thought. I believe Bijan said that he would fix that in the next update. Or have I misunderstood?

But in all truth, it's pretty easy, even without the auto-season select. You just pick the current season for your particular hemisphere. Or you can click the auto-season button which will do the same thing. 

Personally, I have no regrets at all about purchasing Bijan's Season pack: it's fantastic. So much so that I have no interest in Rex's product. And Bijan certainly works overtime keeping his product updated and adding to it. I wish some other dev's had his work ethic.

-Bob

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BBCM said:

I didn't think the auto season select was that automatic yet,

They are referring to Bijan's 4 Season Pack v7.0 (or later.)

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I still don't understand how this works. I live in New Jersey and this is how I would expect to use the seasons:

Jan 01 to Feb 15 - Winter North
Feb 16 to Mar 31 - Late Winter/Early Spring
Apr 01 to May 15 - Spring North
May 16 to Jun 30 - Late Spring/Early Summer
Jul 01 to Aug 15 - Summer North
Aug 16 to Sep 30 - Late Summer/Early Fall
Oct 01 to Nov 15 - Fall North
Nov 16 to Dec 31 - Late Fall/Early Winter

Now this would be easy to do manually.  How does it happen automatically?  There aren't any programs running on my computer related to Bijan's seasons.  How does it copy files? If by some computer magic this can be done, does anyone know what dates Bijan is using to make the automatic change?

Tom

3 hours ago, tjrush said:

I still don't understand how this works. I live in New Jersey and this is how I would expect to use the seasons:

Now this would be easy to do manually.  How does it happen automatically?  There aren't any programs running on my computer related to Bijan's seasons.  How does it copy files? If by some computer magic this can be done, does anyone know what dates Bijan is using to make the automatic change?

You might sent Bijan an email and ask. There must be something somewhere running in the background to keep its “eye” on the date ….

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

6 hours ago, tjrush said:

I seem to remember from another thread that the auto-install doesn't work yet, the service that's supposed to change the seasons automatically isn't installed correctly and therefore doesn't show up anywhere. 

I prefer to install it manually anyway, I occasionally like to fly in a different season than the current one, just to remind myself that there's a Sun in the sky above the clouds, and the brown trees will be full of leaves again in just a few months more 😉 

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Well....

So far, the program does not seem to be retaining the location of my community folder and asks me for it, each time it is used.

Which begs the question of how its auto-installing anything if it does not remember where your community folder is.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

26 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Well....

So far, the program does not seem to be retaining the location of my community folder and asks me for it, each time it is used.

Which begs the question of how its auto-installing anything if it does not remember where your community folder is.

Did you by any chance set the permissions of your UserCfg.opt file to write protected? That's where the path to the install folder is stored, and the suggestion to do so comes up from time to time when MSFS changes certain graphics settings on its own. 

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

36 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Did you by any chance set the permissions of your UserCfg.opt file to write protected?

Nope. Messing with that stuff seems to me like a good way to get unknown CTD's and etc.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

6 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Nope. Messing with that stuff seems to me like a good way to get unknown CTD's and etc.

Agreed, it can certainly lead to weird behaviour. Still many people do it (myself included, at least occasionally), that's why I asked 😉

Edited by pstrub
  • Upvote 1

Just installed v. 7 and face some issues:

I'm living in Southern Germany in about 800 m, so we currently have snowy landscape with some nice clouds. This weather ist also shown in MSFS using "Live Weather".

When I copy "Winter N - Summer S" into the community-folder and start MSFS again nothing is really changing. When switching off "Live Weather" snow and clouds are gone, similar to the standard situation without the season-file in the community-folder.

For further investigation I copied "Summer N - Winter S" instead of "Winter N - Summer S" to see whar happens. I would now expect summer vegetation, but again the landscape is fully covered with snow and some clouds, as it really is today. Only when switching off "Live Weather" the season obviously changes to summer-vegetation. But now no clouds and clear blue sky.

My questions:

1. Does the season-pack only work in defined areas of the world?

2. Do I generally have to switch off "Live Weather" (did not find any remark in the instructions)? If so, what about clouds?

Generally I would expect the Season-Pack to only replace the current vegetation but keeping the weather (clouds ...) as it currently really is and shown with "Live Weather" switched on.

Is there anything I am making wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Norbert

New app will be released soon which addresses auto season and other new features.

@ohny Season app has nothing to do with weather or clouds or snow cover. 
Season app covers the entire world.

If you don't see any change when changing season, try deleting your rolling cache and restart. Make sure you only have one season installed.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.