Sign in to follow this  
KORH Jeff

Can't update or change / validate Honeycomb controls

Due to a few things going on, I haven't played MSFS in a couple months, maybe 3.  I tried today and I started just by checking my controls in the options menu.  Many of the items didn't appear as active when I selected them on the alpha and bravo ALTHOUGH later it appears they worked in flight.  But then I went back to try to update / change controls but none of them would save.  I've searched the Microsoft forum and YouTube as well as a general internet search with no success.  The only thing I can find is to uninstall and reinstall entirely which I'd rather not do, especially since I can't determine if that will solve the specific issue I'm having.  

Does anyone else know of this issue and if so, are there any known solutions?

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
          Memory: 16384MB RAM
          WINDOWS10 - DirectX Version: DirectX 12
          NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Display Memory: 12183 MB; Dedicated Memory: 4018 MB)

One thing that tripped me up for a while was I seemed not able to save or even get out of a profile when programming a switch on the alpha or bravo.

It was happening on the switches that are on/off not intermittent.

The solution is very simple. You have to toggle switch on and then off again or the manager is just frozen.

I am not sure but I think this changed in one of the last updates.

I hope this is your problem if not it was worth a mention I think.

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Also note than you can also select an action to occur on release now in MSFS controls settings, this allows you to work around issues with 2 position switches constantly sending a signal, select the action required when moving out of the switch position, then re check the keybind and be sure to set the option to on release.

The feature is a bit buggy, just double check the selections when you adjust.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses. I used to be able to 'confirm' a particular button or switch by viewing it in the profile and watching it 'activate'  is that no longer the case?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Display Memory: 12183 MB; Dedicated Memory: 4018 MB)

You can search by input.

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

10 hours ago, 177B said:

You can search by input.

Yes thank you.  I'm not being clear.  IF I found the input I was searching for, I recall previously being able to click on the button / knob / switch on the control and I would see the input "light up" or turn on in MSFS showing it was activated.  Other than pitch / elevator etc that doesn't seem to happen anymore.

36 minutes ago, KORH Jeff said:

Yes thank you.  I'm not being clear.  IF I found the input I was searching for, I recall previously being able to click on the button / knob / switch on the control and I would see the input "light up" or turn on in MSFS showing it was activated.  Other than pitch / elevator etc that doesn't seem to happen anymore.

Yes I noticed that as well. But using the search achieves the same thing. Also view all assigned and expand relevant section of controls (like camera views etc) shows what buttons are assigned.

This is a work in progress. I really hope that we will be able to save whole profiles (all different USB controllers) to aircraft or even aircraft categories. Like you can in X-plane. This would make sim life so much easier.

• Like 1

Pit.jpg