Sign in to follow this  
disco79stu

JustSim EDDV Hannover (wrong) ILS frequency

Hi everyone,

so I recently purchased JustSim's EDDV and noticed, that it uses wrong/old/default ILS frequencies. The correct ones currently published in the charts do not work. 

So is there a way I can correct this myself somehow? 
Couldn't find any update/fix online...

BR & thanks for any advice,
Stu

Use ADE(airport design editor) to edit it and recompose should be fairly easy, just make a backup in case the bgl content some thing that couldn't be compose (most likely to seen in some non-photo real freeware, on high end one those "some things" normally in different file)

2 hours ago, C2615 said:

Use ADE(airport design editor) to edit it and recompose should be fairly easy, just make a backup in case the bgl content some thing that couldn't be compose (most likely to seen in some non-photo real freeware, on high end one those "some things" normally in different file)

Thanks for the tip. I have no experience with ADE, but I managed to open the BGL I thought was the right one and changed the frequency for the ILS 27L to 109.95.

But I couldn't figure out how to "save" the bgl... Can you give me another hint? Did I even do this correctly? 🙂

Thanks!

spacer.png

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/51839960441/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/51839019772/in/dateposted-public/

This is the pro version but try selecting a new frequency from the drop down box this a JUSTSIM airport Bgl,

The pro version for $10 is well worth it and supports the developer for Flight sim the best tool you can learn.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 minute ago, G-RFRY said:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/51839960441/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/51839019772/in/dateposted-public/

This is the pro version but try selecting a new frequency from the drop down box this a JUSTSIM airport Bgl,

The pro version for $10 is well worth it and supports the developer for Flight sim the best tool you can learn.  

Sorry, maybe I expressed myself unclear here. 🙂

Thanks for the advice, but I did actually manage to change the frequency, not problem there.
What I was asking was how I can save this modification into the BGL I opened. I don't see any command or anything for this....I can only save as a "project". 

3 minutes ago, disco79stu said:

Sorry, maybe I expressed myself unclear here. 🙂

Thanks for the advice, but I did actually manage to change the frequency, not problem there.
What I was asking was how I can save this modification into the BGL I opened. I don't see any command or anything for this....I can only save as a "project". 

Open settings then option and select save with BGL in the project tab all mine are saved to my backup drive, then place the new BGL in the Data /Scenery for the airport as shown for EDDL. But don`t delete the original Justsim BGL just edit to .OFF this way if you do it wrong you can go back by removing your BGL and turning back on the original BGL by removing .OFF . I use upper case then i know it`s my edit .

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/51839049472/in/dateposted-public/

Raymond Fry.

10 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Open settings then option and select save with BGL in the project tab all mine are saved to my backup drive, then place the new BGL in the Data /Scenery for the airport as shown for EDDL. But don`t delete the original Justsim BGL just edit to .OFF this way if you do it wrong you can go back by removing your BGL and turning back on the original BGL by removing .OFF . I use upper case then i know it`s my edit .

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/51839049472/in/dateposted-public/

Thanks, but it's not quite working yet.
In the options you mentioned, I have a "With Bgl File" option, but even when I activate it, it will still only save a .ad4 file.
I guess I'm still doing something wrong....

eEm5FKK.png

No it should be in your C:\MSFS \FS Design Tools \Airport Design Editor\ P35 \Projects\ EDDV_ADEP5_name.bgl

Raymond Fry.

49 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

No it should be in your C:\MSFS \FS Design Tools \Airport Design Editor\ P35 \Projects\ EDDV_ADEP5_name.bgl

Well, it's neither in the location you mentioned nor at the path that is set in my settings above... 
It always saves only the project file, no bgl.

Hi Stu, have you installed the prepar3d sdk?

In the folder setting page you should check you have the SDK, bglcomp and shp2vec installed.

Miguel Leandro

Okay, you know what, I give up.
Apparently I'm missing some paths/files, a bglcomp exe which I can't find in any SDK, ADE asks me for the sim I'm using but the drop down menu isnt working, I can't enter the scenerey.cfg location manually... 

I guess this is for very FS9/FSX sceneries, not P3D.

But thanks for your patience and help. I'll just use the default ILS freq then.

2 minutes ago, Ekim said:

Hi Stu, have you installed the prepar3d sdk?

In the folder setting page you should check you have the SDK, bglcomp and shp2vec installed.

Yup, I have it. Can't find any bglcomp.

I have an older sdk, but the sdk folders are:

- BGLComp  ......Prepar3D v5 SDK 5.0.31.35253\World\Scenery\

-Shp2.......Prepar3D v5 SDK 5.0.31.35253\World\Terrain\

Scenary.cfg location C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

Miguel Leandro

Ekim is right,

you have to point ADE to the right folders of the SDK.

In ADE it's the tab settings\options\folders where you have to set the folder location of the SDK. Worked flawless on my side.

Regards

Edited by Whenmaker

Thanks guys, really appreciate your help and patience. 
While I was able to point the application to the correct SDK plugins, it's still giving me errors while compiling, although I only changed one ILS frequency.

Unable to do this. 

Will avoid 27L when going to to EDDV. 

😄