Sign in to follow this  
177B

Twotter Update tomorrow

1 minute ago, bobcat999 said:

... but if he had just explained that it would be getting an urgent patch soon after release due to some last minute errors they had spotted, all the drama would have been alleviated.

This.
Let's hope they learn something from it.

• Like 3

Nvidia 4090 | AMD 5950X | 128GB DDR4 3200 | LG C1 48"
TCA Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo | TPR Rudders | Stream Deck XL | Tobii 5

21 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Looks like he was just playing with us when he said the xbox wouldn't be able to take the trim wheel animation.

Whatever the reason, it's illustrative how several people jumped on that right away and used it to fire up their raging anti-Xbox/anti-gamer hate-on, to the point of abandoning fundamental principles of reason.   Declaring that something is, and I quote, "FACT" just because a third party with an obvious vested interest says it is is a classic argumentum ab auctoritate, and arguing with multiple other domain experts about it to justify that belief just compounds the issue.

"This isn't going to be fixed in an upcoming patch!", someone said.   LOL. That aged like fine milk. 😄

It's a bizarre level of personal investment in the "Xbox bad!" routine.

Edited by DeepestRed
  • Like 6

The people's flag is deepest red.

To their credit, it's a fairly quick turnaround for the first update. Let's see how it pans out tomorrow.

• Like 7

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

6 minutes ago, DeepestRed said:

Whatever the reason, it's illustrative how several people jumped on that right away and used it to fire up their raging anti-Xbox/anti-gamer hate-on, to the point of abandoning fundamental principles of reason.   Declaring that something is, and I quote, "FACT" just because a third party with an obvious vested interest says it is is a classic argumentum ab auctoritate, and arguing with multiple other domain experts about it to justify that belief just compounds the issue.

"This isn't going to be fixed in an upcoming patch!", someone said.   LOL. That aged like fine milk. 😄

It's a bizarre level of personal investment in the "Xbox bad!" routine.

Hopefully this will serve as an object lesson in critical thinking for some folks.   It's never too late to pick up a healthy dose of skepticism.

Quite right.  It is time to give the xbox hate a rest.  It is neither the fault of the 'gamers' or the xbox itself that this argument was started. 
Let's not forget it was MK himself that by making these ridiculous comments about what the xbox could take fed the fires of the xbox haters. 

Like I say, I still think he was playing with people.  His comment about why the doors don't open on default aircraft was 'comedy gold' looking back! :laugh:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

13 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Let's not forget it was MK himself that by making these ridiculous comments about what the xbox could take fed the fires of the xbox haters. 

I wouldn't necessarily call the comments ridiculous.  We don't know what their actual problem was, or the reasoning behind leaving the animation out to start with.  It would be uncharitable to make assumptions about the original motivation.  What I took issue with in that whole absurd argument was the folks who leapt on that statement, and clung to it, despite being shown how it was irrational, and despite having had at least one other plane developer in that thread (perhaps two?  I can't recall) calling it bogus.

It's unreason that really grates on me, more than potentially-lying PR flacks.  That and the inherent snobbery in a lot of the Xbox hatred you see around here sometimes.

Whatever, perhaps it'll serve as an object lesson to some folks.   Probably not, but hope springs eternal, right?  😂

Back on topic, this sounds like a decent update, at least.  Hopefully it'll make the purchasers who had issues a lot happier with it.

Edited by DeepestRed
  • Like 1

The people's flag is deepest red.

5 minutes ago, DeepestRed said:

...Back on topic, this sounds like a decent update, at least.  Hopefully it'll make the purchases who had issues a lot happier with it.

True!  The fix list is fairly good, so it will just be the sounds I am waiting on.  It it isn't going well on that front, I may well just buy the third party TSS sound set for a few Euro and have done with it - no big deal.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

40 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Although I applaud their transparency, I went through the list and ended up wondering how on earth so many items were missed pre-release, which leads one to wonder about the thoroughness of their Beta testing.

With a list like that I’m certain it was released as is to meet the release date deadline and they’ve probably been working on this patch since well before release.  

In any event, looks like a good patch list and the things that annoyed me have been addressed (on paper at least).  Will look forward to some flying in this tomorrow.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I take back all my hate, now I reinstall contrail and gonna enjoy the twotter tomorrow and continue to support airosoft:p. Lol

• Like 2

They learned a lot about their aircraft from the community in a short time. And the reaction was not long in coming. This is good.

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

What is surprising is they released an aircraft and a couple of days later found all those things that needed fixing. 

You are so right...after taking a long time to release is even more hilarious!

These developers get so much love on here from people defending them, never could figure that one out.

Another developer working on a 737 has been at it for close to 2 years and I think had early access to the game and still is working on a release date. So much hype has been generated they are being setup for irate people if they don't have what some call a "study level" aircraft.

I have the Otter, not as good as hoped but it's acceptable. The sounds where probably the worst thing about the plane when released.

just hoping that I won't need to wait for the patch until Thursday as I went the marketplace route... and hold your horses, no comments please like you get what you deserve 😉 

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

- Fixed: Rework and volume balancing of external sounds
- Fixed: Rework and volume balancing of internal sounds

Praise the L--d, Mathijs Kok's hearing has been healed !

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

By the way, thank you Aerosoft for this wonderful plane! It's a joy to fly, just normal trimming and loading keeps things well behaved. No severe and constant nasty surprises.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Cyrex1984 said:

No notes about feathering fix. The props are not animated feather/unfeather.

Oh boy, here we go again:p

• Like 1