Sign in to follow this  
jon b

MILVIZ leaves P3D enthusiast market

1 hour ago, johncott said:

I was able to get the 310R Glass features and lights working including dimming by using the TFDi Design RealLights and TrueGlass installers from ORBX. Of course you will need a ORBX account. I'm not sure why they show up in ORBX "My Products", but they are there for me. Maybe because they recognized the original installs from Milviz. Do not install TrueGlass and RealLights when prompted with the original 310 installer, use the ORBX ones instead.

Also did you copy the aircraft over, or did you use a registry fix with a dummy P3DV4 registry entry that points to the P3DV5 install location?  This solve a lot of P3DV5 legacy aircraft installation issues including the Realair aircraft. Please note, I went from FSX.SE to P3DV5, not sure what the effects of the this registry fix is if you have both P3DV4 and V5 installed.

Hi John,

I do have an Orbx account so I will look into your suggestion as noted above in your quote.

Regarding installing the C310R--It has been a while now since I did that. I had the 310R installed in P3D 3.4xx and updated to version P3D 5.1 over a year ago now. I did not use a registry fix but somehow was able to "fool" the installer to get the 310R installed into 5.1. Unfortunately, I cannot remember now how I did that. I do remember that it was the latest installer Milviz had available for that timeframe. I wish I could be more help on this.

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Lately, I'm not sure the P3D market has shrunk ... many P3D developers may have moved on because the market was too small regardless of MSFS.  But I can see why Milviz have focused on military/commercial contracts as they are more stable means of income.

Ironically P3D is supposed to be the training sim for the military/commercial /academic so I thought.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

49 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

Ironically P3D is supposed to be the training sim for the military/commercial /academic so I thought.

They are not dumping LM they just don't want anything to do with home sim users. It sounds like they are making a new company to suck as much cash out or the MS xbox thing as they can.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 hour ago, Patco Lch said:

They are doing that development in P3D. 
They just don’t care about us enthusiasts anymore.  

I’ll be honest; i own the King Air and it’s a good product but I’ve always found Milviz arrogant and obnoxious on their forums. They’ve always made us feel we’re second rate customers compared to their commercial partners. 

Understandable if that’s where they get most of their money from but as a customer I don’t enjoy being treated that way. I wasn’t ever going to buy their stuff again anyway. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

And it is and Milviz may still be working with P3D platform, just not for public consumption.  US Military has a massive simulations budget, $800 Million+ for just one branch of the Military ... it's lucrative if it can be tapped.

Cheers, Rob.

As a US Air Force retiree I sure hope milviz is not working on anything for a real aircraft. I always found the few airplanes I tried from them to be just a bug fest and it seem like they just hacked anything together they could to get something that halfway worked. I will not be missing them in the future.

• Like 2

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

Guys for once start voting with your wallet please (for once and for all)

Don't be suckered by every MSFS addons 

I would love to vote with my wallet.  Problem is I've bought almost everything I could ever want.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 hours ago, flycln said:

They are doing that development in P3D. 
They just don’t care about us enthusiasts anymore.  

I’ll be honest; i own the King Air and it’s a good product but I’ve always found Milviz arrogant and obnoxious on their forums. They’ve always made us feel we’re second rate customers compared to their commercial partners. 

Understandable if that’s where they get most of their money from but as a customer I don’t enjoy being treated that way. I wasn’t ever going to buy their stuff again anyway. 

I’ve found Milviz support and OSH specifically to be excellent in the problems I’ve had with both aircraft and download issues (login,user,email change issues).

Maybe I’m the only one…😎

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 4

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

I would love to vote with my wallet.  Problem is I've bought almost everything I could ever want.  

I am with you on this.  I have quite a bit of P3D addons too, but there will be new products/ports.  That is where I will not a spend a dime on it.

• Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

6 hours ago, shivers9 said:

As a US Air Force retiree I sure hope milviz is not working on anything for a real aircraft. I always found the few airplanes I tried from them to be just a bug fest and it seem like they just hacked anything together they could to get something that halfway worked. I will not be missing them in the future.

Curious which aircraft these were? I know the Phantoms at least had more bugs but they represented a much earlier development style that we wanted to get out of and improve (it took me 4 years of work on them which it should have taken less than 4 months). Our T-38C on the other hand is vastly better and enjoys the favor of AETC's IPs and our upcoming training products are of the same quality.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

3 hours ago, newtie said:

I’ve found Milviz support and OSH specifically to be excellent in the problems I’ve had with both aircraft and download issues (login,user,email change issues).

Maybe I’m the only one…😎

Cheers,

Mark

You aren't. Some of our projects have been lessons learned that we are in no hurry to repeat and we have always tried to do our best to get things to work for users. 

• Like 1

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

10 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Colin P is, most the time, very defensive in forums. It is good to see another face of him. Relaxed and funny.

There's a reason I have enjoyed working for him for more than 11 years now 🙂 

• Like 1

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

The calls for voting with our wallets aka boycott, is utterly bizarre.

First, the developers are saying that users don’t buy much anymore, a coupleof products a week.  They withdraw from the market because of that. So what difference will it make 🤣 ?

Then, they will not release new products so what are you boycotting ? BTW, Colin P says in the stream that the legacy products will be sold at a 50% discount. Stay firm in your conviction 😇.

Last, it seems to me that if I wanted to have Aerosoft, Milviz, PMDG, the scenery 3PD etc come back to develop for P3D I would rather say ‘hey guys, lets have a buying spree to show them we want them to stay, that there is a market ! ´

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

50 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Then, they will not release new products so what are you boycotting ? BTW, Colin P says in the stream that the legacy products will be sold at a 50% discount

Well, you could boycott the discounted products, couldn't you?

I believe I do see a pattern here. Devs complaining about bad P3D sales often haven't had new releases lately, or only half-baked ones. On the other hand, it seems there have been high quality new titles that have been very successful. Go figure. Edit: That's exactly what “voting with your wallet“ is, or not?

Edited by d.tsakiris
  • Like 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Just now, d.tsakiris said:

Well, you could boycott the discounted products, couldn't you?

I believe I do see a pattern here. Devs complaining about bad P3D sales often haven't had new releases lately, or only half-baked ones. On the other hand, it seems there have been high quality new titles that have been very successful. Go figure.

Yes, a good boycott is the way to have the developers come back to the market  🤣 ! 

Successful new titles ? To my knowledge, one airport in New Zealand.  And Milviz does GA & mililtary jets aircraft. Not niche airports. 

Developers are neither masochist nor stupid. They know better the intricacies of P3D than those of MSFS, it is an easier development for them, and they still develop for it, for the military. Milviz is developing the C130 for it.And thinking about porting her to MSFS if I understand well Colin P.

If there was a P3D consumer market they would go for it. Why not ?

They have had now a commercial experience since June 2019 to show that the P3D consumer market is going the way of the dodo because you guys don’t buy anymore . It is typical of this forum that you don’t ask for more aircraft but for ‘support’ meaning demanding that the Milviz, Aerosoft, PMDG  adapt the aircraft you bought in v4 to v5 and then to all the v5 avatars and surely enough to v6, if there is one. How rewarding ! 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam