Sign in to follow this  
jon b

MILVIZ leaves P3D enthusiast market

44 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

@Dominique_K 

You have a system similar to mine. How does MSFS run these days?

I didn't like it very much at the time of the Beta.

PS: sorry for offtopic.

I don't think it is entirely  offtopic as this is one of the reasons why many people have chosen to go MSFS and have thus deserted the P3D 3rd party aircraft market. 

I run MSFS  at a solid 30 FPS with everything on High, a couple on Ultra and one on Medium

I fly mostly the Milviz Porter, the PMDG DC-6 and warbirds (props and jets), outside large cities and hubs, with Live Weather and  Live Traffic. No fancy airport addon. I am more into regional and boonie flying where the stress on hardware is less. 

This is the first sim I ever that I see so well optimised for a mediocre rig like mine.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On 1/25/2022 at 10:02 AM, SimeonWilbury said:

I'll be sticking to P3D for the time being for similar reasons. I don't expect I'll move to MSFS until the update-regime is more stable. And who knows how long that'll be.

Maybe never? Windows still has updates. I miss MS-DOS. Never had a virus there and I had a BBS open to the public for 5 years 24x7 straight without a single virus infection.🙂

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

1 hour ago, bofhlusr said:

Maybe never? Windows still has updates. I miss MS-DOS. Never had a virus there and I had a BBS open to the public for 5 years 24x7 straight without a single virus infection.🙂

Such always seems to be the case with newer software I guess. Windows is no exception to the rule for me, I didn't move to Windows 10 until extended support ended for Windows 7 - were it not perhaps for that and DX12 I would still be using Windows 7. I'll be holding on to P3D for not entirely dissimilar reasons until other factors force me onto the new.

Software as a service as a whole irks me, but of course that's a whole different conversation which could probably do with it's own thread.

• Like 2

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

55 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Working here ... what version are you running?  v1.2.0?

Cheers, Rob.

Really?

https://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=150&t=13026&start=15

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

On 1/26/2022 at 2:31 AM, Holdit said:

Well, 27 years later it's still there, so...

But I don't have a dog in the "my sim can whup your sim" fight. I just go with whatever works meets my requirements. With P3D development stalled and MSFS still largely an unknown quantity, that leaves XP.

I wonder if anyone in this thread has purchased a payware aircraft addon for the new sim recently.  Not a year ago when there was hardly anything....I mean within the last few months.  Because there are some really nice addons starting to show up!  Do you guys remember when fsx came out?  There weren't incredible A2A addons for quite some time.  It was honestly after SP2 and Acceleration that the "greats" started coming.  

There some other interesting view points in this thread too....the majority of flightsim devs aren't raking in the dough, so to speak.  So if they have to leave one sim for another they probably have a good financial reason to do so.  For a while I was buying addons for p3d and xp11.  It got a little expensive.  Can you imagine developing for two sims, especially when the technique is quite different from the older one?  

I'm thankful for P3D and the developers who made it better than the default release.  I don't regret my time spent in P3D - I have moved on now.   Don't hate devs who are doing the same.  Many of them brought us wonderful products over the years and they'll do it again!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Today I installed the weather gauge kindly created by Roland Herblot. I have it as a 2D popup window but with range, tilt and sensitivity options it does everything I need. Ideal for aircraft other than the PMDG range.

As it takes data from the API provided by Hi-Fi Simulations you’ll need ASP3D but I imagine most of you will have that.

Available in the AvSim Library. Make sure you choose the 64-bit version.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

36 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I wonder if anyone in this thread has purchased a payware aircraft addon for the new sim recently.  Not a year ago when there was hardly anything....I mean within the last few months.  Because there are some really nice addons starting to show up!  Do you guys remember when fsx came out?  There weren't incredible A2A addons for quite some time.  It was honestly after SP2 and Acceleration that the "greats" started coming.  

There some other interesting view points in this thread too....the majority of flightsim devs aren't raking in the dough, so to speak.  So if they have to leave one sim for another they probably have a good financial reason to do so.  For a while I was buying addons for p3d and xp11.  It got a little expensive.  Can you imagine developing for two sims, especially when the technique is quite different from the older one?  

I'm thankful for P3D and the developers who made it better than the default release.  I don't regret my time spent in P3D - I have moved on now.   Don't hate devs who are doing the same.  Many of them brought us wonderful products over the years and they'll do it again!

I'm not hating anybody, not sure where you picked that up from. I'm flying all three and my purchases in the last 12 months have been split between P3D and XP11. When A2A brings out its new twin I'll be buying it, even though I'm not crazy about Aerostars. I've bought a couple of small add-ons for MSFS but no aircraft, mainly because I haven't yet seen anything I fancy. I had it in mind to pick up the Twotter but I'm holding off on that; no to "punish" Aerosoft but because my P3D version appears to be better than the MSFS version and I want to avoid buying the same aircraft for different sims unless there's a compelling reason. Exception: King Airs. 🙂

I think the focus on MSFS and dare I say it, even X-Box is a good thing. For one, there seems to be no more of that bloody nonsense along the lines of "the computer that can run this properly hasn't been built yet". At last MS has built a flight sim for the computers we have now. Secondly, and as someone else has already pointed out, there's the gateway drug factor Many players will be happy buzzing aimlessly around the sky or making simple flights without much regard to checklists or good engine management, but I daresay some will get a taste for it and want to learn more about it, and get into it a bit deeper or in some cases a lot deeper. That may be a very small percentage, but it may be a very small percentage of a very large number. That could drive the development of more detailed add-ons. I don't see how pulling more people into a shrinking niche hobby can be a bad thing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Holdit said:

I'm not hating anybody, not sure where you picked that up from. I'm flying all three and my purchases in the last 12 months have been split between P3D and XP11. When A2A brings out its new twin I'll be buying it, even though I'm not crazy about Aerostars. I've bought a couple of small add-ons for MSFS but no aircraft, mainly because I haven't yet seen anything I fancy. I had it in mind to pick up the Twotter but I'm holding off on that; no to "punish" Aerosoft but because my P3D version appears to be better than the MSFS version and I want to avoid buying the same aircraft for different sims unless there's a compelling reason. Exception: King Airs. 🙂

I think the focus on MSFS and dare I say it, even X-Box is a good thing. For one, there seems to be no more of that bloody nonsense along the lines of "the computer that can run this properly hasn't been built yet". At last MS has built a flight sim for the computers we have now. Secondly, and as someone else has already pointed out, there's the gateway drug factor Many players will be happy buzzing aimlessly around the sky or making simple flights without much regard to checklists or good engine management, but I daresay some will get a taste for it and want to learn more about it, and get into it a bit deeper or in some cases a lot deeper. That may be a very small percentage, but it may be a very small percentage of a very large number. That could drive the development of more detailed add-ons. I don't see how pulling more people into a shrinking niche hobby can be a bad thing.

Oh goodness - I originally quoted your text on accident then removed the quote or so I thought before I posted.  I am sorry about that and my post was not an attempt to quote you.  

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 minute ago, ryanbatcund said:

Oh goodness - I originally quoted your text on accident then removed the quote or so I thought before I posted.  I am sorry about that and my post was not an attempt to quote you.  

No problem. I was just a bit puzzled.   "Oops...what have I been saying...?"

On 1/25/2022 at 10:16 AM, micstatic said:

Yes!  You nailed it.  This is literally the worst part of MSFS.  If it would just get to the finish line I would probably use it more and then not care the devs all followed it over. 

What finish line???  MSFS doesn't seem to have a "finish line".   Further, every time they move the goalposts something breaks and what was once flyable is no longer.  That's my fear of buying a study level sim from PMDG for MSFS.  One day it works, next day it's a $100 plus door stop. 

After seeing what has been done with ZIBO, and with the additons of FENIX B747-200, the new HotStart CL650, which is the BEST, most realistic sim add on available on the market, and with FENIX's A320 on the horizon, X Plane may take over for the study level market. I haven't touched P3D in over two months.  Same for MSFS.  I never thought I would say this, but I am eagerly waiting XP12. 

Rich Boll

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

2 hours ago, richjb2 said:

After seeing what has been done with ZIBO, and with the additons of FENIX B747-200, the new HotStart CL650, which is the BEST, most realistic sim add on available on the market, and with FENIX's A320 on the horizon, X Plane may take over for the study level market. I haven't touched P3D in over two months.  Same for MSFS.  I never thought I would say this, but I am eagerly waiting XP12. 

Rich Boll

You meant the Felis B747-200, right? And further  the FENIX A320 is for MSFS, no plans for XP.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

The problem with XP is (personal taste...) that yellowish "tint" in the graphics.

PS: sorry for OT.

• Like 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

48 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

You meant the Felis B747-200, right? And further  the FENIX A320 is for MSFS, no plans for XP.

yes... I stand corrected!

• Like 1

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

3 hours ago, richjb2 said:

That's my fear of buying a study level sim from PMDG for MSFS.  One day it works, next day it's a $100 plus door stop. 

Well, I have had the PMDG DC-6 since June and she still flies beautifully after, I guess, 4 sim and world scenery updates. I respect fellow simmers who don't want to switch to MSFS but at least it should be for good reasons.

BTW it is the case for the five other quality payware I have.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

17 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Well, I have had the PMDG DC-6 since June and she still flies beautifully after, I guess, 4 sim and world scenery updates. I respect fellow simmers who don't want to switch to MSFS but at least it should be for good reasons.

BTW it is the case for the five other quality payware I have.

Is cost good enough?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.